The BEST TV Comedy Ever....

Game On was good!

New statesman
My name is earl

Nobody's mentioned 2 Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps!

The first couple of series of My Family were good

Outnumbered

Anyone remember Stressed Eric?

Can't remember recalling it on the list...

.. How about "Citizen Smith" classic

Loads that have already been mentioned but a couple I haven't seen mentioned ( I've only flicked through quickly ) Arrested Developement and Curb Your Enthusiasm make me laugh quite a lot :)

Vic Reeves Big night Out

You can tell the average age of this forum from this thread... :LOL:

Big Bang Theory & Modern Family are 2 comedies I like to watch :) (as well as a lot of other mentioned too)

IT Crowd and Father Ted

Brass Eye and The day today - Chris Morris genius.

Anyone remember 'Paedogeddon'?

Last edited:
specialman said:
Brass Eye and The day today - Chris Morris genius.

Anyone remember 'Paedogeddon'?

:LOL:

And the (genuine) celeb appeals for the (not genuine) plight of a poor baby elephant, so scared he'd hidden his head/trunk up his backside since birth...

...and the dangers of the deadly new drug, "cake", and convincing a MP to stand up and announce it in the House of Commons. "it affects a part of the brain known as Shatner's Basoon...".:LOL:

Last edited:
Loads of stuff from the archives been mentioned, Blackadder being my personal favourite by far.

Struggling to think of decent current shows, especially sitcoms, but there are a few panel shows which stick out for me

HIGNFY
QI
A League of Their Own
Mock the Week

Peep Show
I'm Alan Partridge
Father Ted
Black Books
Simpsons
Family Guy
The Office
Fast Show
Phoenix Nights
The Thick of It
Mock the Week (when Frankie Boyle was on it years ago)
HIGNFY
Brass Eye
Facejacker/Fonejacker (not best ever but some hilarious moments in both)
Trigger Happy TV was pretty good at the time.

... loads more I can't think of off the top of my head!

Last edited:
:LOL:

And the (genuine) celeb appeals for the (not genuine) plight of a poor baby elephant, so scared he'd hidden his head/trunk up his backside since birth...

...and the dangers of the deadly new drug, "cake", and convincing a MP to stand up and announce it in the House of Commons. "it affects a part of the brain known as Shatner's Basoon...".:LOL:

"they don't deserve punishment, they deserve GUNISHMENT!"

"Paedophiles share more genes with crabs than they do with you and me.... there's no real evidence for it but it's scientific fact" - Dr. Fox.

Shame that too many people didn't see the satire and thought it was promoting paedophilia :bang:

specialman said:
"they don't deserve punishment, they deserve GUNISHMENT!"

"Paedophiles share more genes with crabs than they do with you and me.... there's no real evidence for it but it's scientific fact" - Dr. Fox.

Shame that too many people didn't see the satire and thought it was promoting paedophilia :bang:

I remember it, and the uproar, well. Hilaious stuff. I have an old Brasseye VHS buried somewhere, will have to dig it out. :)

kickingbishopbrennanupthearse.jpg
:D:D

There has been a lot of good stuff over the years, a few of mine in no particular order.

Father Ted
Mrs Browns Boy`s
Red Dwarf
It aint half hot mum
Dad`s army
Dave Allen
Kenny Everett
Rab C. Nesbitt
The Vicar Of Dibley
Open All Hours
Rising Damp
One Foot In The Grave
The Brittas Empire

Anything with Frankie Boyle.

Nothing with Gervais, who the **** told him he was funny? He is about as funny as an open grave.

Mine would have to be
Blackadder
Father Ted
Only fools and horses
Open all hours
Ab Fab

No body has mentioned League of Gentlemen

Recent stuff
Big bang
Mrs Browns Boys
Family Guy

fracster said:
Anything with Frankie Boyle.

Nothing with Gervais, who the **** told him he was funny? He is about as funny as an open grave.

Frankie Boyle makes me reach for the remote, awful,awful man.

What about Harry Enfields television programe ?

A league of there own I think it is lol can't quite remember, is my favorite at the moment.

Blackadder - stunningly well written.
Green Wing
Shooting Stars (not the best but some good bits!)
Celebrity Juice

As well as many others already mentioned including OFAH, Porridge, Yes Minister & Thick Of It, some others I remember really enjoying are:

Phoneshop
Chelmsford 123
The Management (The Two Rons)

TBH the 2nd and 3rd ones were viewed as a teenager so may not actually be so funny to me now :D

Did anyone mention the Comic Strip Presents... yet?:D

Other ones I wish I could forget are:

The Gaffer
The Cowboys
Never The Twain
No Place Like Home
Butterflies
Bread

Last edited:
Not strictly a comedy show but It's a Knockout was hilarious, so many people watching can't have been wrong.

You can tell the average age of this forum from this thread... :LOL:

Big Bang Theory & Modern Family are 2 comedies I like to watch :) (as well as a lot of other mentioned too)

Big Bang Theory..............excellent stuff.

Dave Allen....The sketch where the gas fire leaves the room..........

........."The fire's gone out".

Such a shame that there sod all Dave Allen on DVD.

Back