The "Canon Powershot G Series" owners thread

However, it's easy to quickly changing the ISO and other settings by pressing the Function Set button (centre of rear control wheel).

However, it's easy to quickly changing the ISO and other settings by pressing the Function Set button (centre of rear control wheel).
I have my camera set up as: ( Lens Ring = Stepped Zoom ) ( Function Button = ISO) ( Rear Scroll Wheel = Aperture Control ) ( Touch Screen = Fast AF Re positioning)

A little bored, sat here looking at Xmas pressies under the tree. Picked up the G7X and started taking photos of the pressies. Just seeing how high an ISO I can go, while keeping a reasonable image. ISO 1000, the image looks nice and clear. ISO 2000, image still nice and clear. ISO 3200, image still nice and clear. ISO 4000, image still acceptable. ISO 6400, image still usable.

Surprising just how high you can push the ISO, and get a decent shutter speed indoors, while getting a good image.

I think I would be happy using ISO 4000, for images that I intended to keep. Years ago I had a Nikon D80 DSLR when at ISO 800, images started falling apart. Just shows how good the G7X is. :)

Last edited:
Been doing photos and video opening presents, visited relatives and more photos and videos. Back home and more photos and videos. The G7X battery has loads of power left. :)

Anyone using thid party NB-13L batteries?
I bought one a couple of years back .... EXpro, use it all the time, or half the time, tis good.

And now I need to know about a GX80 Battery and charger too.

Thanks - I should have been a bit more precise -.................specifically for the G7X ii? I've read that some people have error messages when using them.

Anyone using third party NB-13L batteries?
I have lots of spare batteries for my G3X (NB-10Ls) and no issues at all. I've always used third party batteries on my Canon cameras, they may not last quite as long but are considerably cheaper.
NB-10L.JPG

I chickened out and ordered an original.

tandoorichicken.gif

Just started using raw on a G1x mklll and realised the raw converter in photoshop CS6 isn’t up to date enough to handle the files.......just wondering what others are doing / using? Canon DPP? DNG converters.....or other editing software.....fed up of having to have a different approach for different cameras.....but don’t fancy the subscription route.........

My brief affair with the G7X II is over. Unfortunately I just couldn't handle it properly - arthritis in fingers. I should have remembered my visit to Currys last year.

"Just come back from Currys. Didn't realise how small the GX7 ii was! I found the controls difficult as I have problems with my fingers, so it looks like it's back to the drawing board :(

I found the X30 awkward so should have realised that something smaller wasn't going to work!"

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018

Last edited:
Rotten luck Al. I was going to say I've had worse luck, losing my beloved G7X. I think it must have fallen out of the car, in padded bag, in a dark multi storey carpark in Gloucester last weekend.

But at least I don't have serious arthritis, just a hint.

I loved that camera, easier to handle and operate than my new GX80 ... faster too.

Back