The "Canon Powershot G Series" owners thread

There will be times when our DSLRS come in handy, and be the preferential choice. Such as when friends and family come over, I may use the DSLR. As I will not need to cart it about, just follow people around the garden. :)

Or you can use it to take photos of the G7X ;)

Complete strangers in my garden local park this morning ... focused on the lady I took about 10 on Continuous Shooting as he walked past, thought this one worked best.

a404oks9w2Q8GP8zTmDGEvKp7MXvg9jnmoFDYKkZprBSG7BZjn33_b9ixMhmoMqyrkdrtAR5jWwgM9va1TwEyVR7-uddw-DryI2OffZ5YLomAlsQUHw1O1jxsezPmwdUfKbw-fF6x3sO99KaiKv1iBFrUlLbLqOJE5Gi3w58OQGTzR3_tberZd1Mer6Dc_-RQ-Ss6_2FfKYjBm08XNpjmPtOgx2oDJHFr048uxoQ0iq-8EvnInBr3fel9jUlJYpz54xwZm2f41ow8kHmzrn3RU3_MOprZuAj2G2CX4koHOgnj7_aFJkTPGPoxQ2Agf6-h3M1DcfYMVJJ5M_OwE6HuR4pmjeuOKEfTMNyQyFFpSs3XLXuWlNUClZcWqmIx5hGekh_U-YppAszMogBvK9PxFglyDQEtACDKmrSCH1cWiNsP41d4A72Exdau--rOV0Q01gOGOPI39RbqsIvslHbxBp8ss6RtLBzy7HjtGZR1slhHSmiiSb8Brvpzz_HoEwpnTkkF-ZwtsJEVQy7kIZMomLUypBriXSV0Cjg0PUytDhD2THvTg5raE2W1b_MEPhLjSeXiS65GkCy-QoXYMNl6EJpYlUlZtes6gNATN4=w1646-h885-no

Complete strangers in my garden local park this morning ... focused on the lady I took about 10 on Continuous Shooting as he walked past, thought this one worked best.

a404oks9w2Q8GP8zTmDGEvKp7MXvg9jnmoFDYKkZprBSG7BZjn33_b9ixMhmoMqyrkdrtAR5jWwgM9va1TwEyVR7-uddw-DryI2OffZ5YLomAlsQUHw1O1jxsezPmwdUfKbw-fF6x3sO99KaiKv1iBFrUlLbLqOJE5Gi3w58OQGTzR3_tberZd1Mer6Dc_-RQ-Ss6_2FfKYjBm08XNpjmPtOgx2oDJHFr048uxoQ0iq-8EvnInBr3fel9jUlJYpz54xwZm2f41ow8kHmzrn3RU3_MOprZuAj2G2CX4koHOgnj7_aFJkTPGPoxQ2Agf6-h3M1DcfYMVJJ5M_OwE6HuR4pmjeuOKEfTMNyQyFFpSs3XLXuWlNUClZcWqmIx5hGekh_U-YppAszMogBvK9PxFglyDQEtACDKmrSCH1cWiNsP41d4A72Exdau--rOV0Q01gOGOPI39RbqsIvslHbxBp8ss6RtLBzy7HjtGZR1slhHSmiiSb8Brvpzz_HoEwpnTkkF-ZwtsJEVQy7kIZMomLUypBriXSV0Cjg0PUytDhD2THvTg5raE2W1b_MEPhLjSeXiS65GkCy-QoXYMNl6EJpYlUlZtes6gNATN4=w1646-h885-no

Well spotted.

I do like the continuous shooting mode. It is embarrassing, I have not taken any street photos worthy of posting.

I might put some selfie photos up. Warning, I am lounging around in my boxer shorts. :rolleyes:

So here's a few I took in the garden and out on a walk this evening...
Some very minor pp on some of them, just a touch of sharpening and lighting. Nothing major.

(y) .. well done with capturing the bee in flight ... and that swan crops well.

Thanks ... this is the Broadwalk in Ken Gdns, and I'm on a bench the same as theirs, opposite. It's wide - and I'm on full zoom - with all sorts of people, school kids in organised groups, bikes and more, passing between us. I've got g7x between my knees resting on the 2nd rung up ... so not too obvious. :)

Thanks ... this is the Broadwalk in Ken Gdns, and I'm on a bench the same as theirs, opposite. It's wide - and I'm on full zoom - with all sorts of people, school kids in organised groups, bikes and more, passing between us. I've got g7x between my knees resting on the 2nd rung up ... so not too obvious. :)
Brilliant, thanks for taking the time, to explain how you set the shot up. (y)

Nice classical feel, did you use the flash?
No, natural light. The garden was shaded except one small area hitting the rose where the last of the sun was setting.

I think I will probably start looking for a spare battery, for my camera. Looking online, the prices vary massively. Obviously I want to take care, and not buy a fake. Just looking at sites now, and reading up on reviews.

I think I will probably start looking for a spare battery, for my camera. Looking online, the prices vary massively. Obviously I want to take care, and not buy a fake. Just looking at sites now, and reading up on reviews.
I use expro for all my cameras, always worked just like OEM.

As in, exprodirect ? Just had a look, and theirs is £17 odd.

Thanks for that, will have a read up a little more.
I get mine from amazon but I think they’re the same as expro direct.

I bought one of those ... exprodirect

After a dozen uses the g7x showed a counterfeit battery warning, damned clever I thought, use of the counterfeit word and all! I switched her off and on again, and no problem. That was nearly two years ago and my counterfeit battery lasts longer than the canon one.

... was in two minds about showing this one from yesterday, not sure why.

Bags of interest on a park bench near me ...

rNtMESl8cHewpz_eKOVrfxgyMN712yo688JN-xiOmm9GupQoNK85nZfIw5_6ujQrIg11sd4khmWl0I9SXLXtHv9gql6CFIhBq1T936MEO1yN30A7yoWDT7jZ0OaUICNs92wFkjZJkFopqH3KgvZoAfZ7C9pEbEQLaLvNcuBm6stLIzZWLP58i_7X6EnbmRU9fJSOVAB7Ye4ZkPplPSptmXDpFWsPfHXK2rSKUXGeFx9vJskn7JUe2arcJctnsAPK6CSM9Dh03HEnhWL9jss1f6yxxUDzYmyHYL67B2AixuQoIQPPCv3iMRvCjxX03CWZrOGKnxM5KHm786PQSaIZLUKepTu98UcSP_0ZpAZ1BpOAcaLP9hhcKbuEPv2qneQ3B1baHHnDnD5FGWz3_mPgdEd4sh_v8v-oh7dleeis04stvDt2oE2OvssnToYpgwiSvAMLvV392JGcYLmikhZYROs4MDEpQm1RPOc-1CjOUC4A1yj37OJdwUjefnzR914vcKaEPE_vxsS-0uaEMAdmUhJxOIqn7379ViOXWosNSKmVERkIUQszXMwdA1Xmg4WXljMRIPJpd_rhOoPTOH0k-wfEUQzkPz4cut6gwyA=w1482-h882-no

Last edited:
Great shot! I must get me a G7X- who’s doing the best deal at the moment?

Last edited:
19955-1526373451-c94a58ae2b0e958079ce863228c8efd6.jpg

Took the little G7X out very early this morning, while fiddling with the settings the camera slipped out of my hands. I was very thankful I had a wrist strap fitted. Camera did not crash to the ground, it just dangled gently in the air. :)

Took the little G7X out very early this morning, while fiddling with the settings the camera slipped out of my hands. I was very thankful I had a wrist strap fitted. Camera did not crash to the ground, it just dangled gently in the air. :)

I dropped mine a couple of years ago, it's a well built little thing but the lens cover blades flew out and went everywhere. To protect the lens I bought a lens cap for £1.

Great shot! I must get me a G7X- who’s doing the best deal at the moment?

If you don't mind grey, you might pick up a bargain. Mine's a MK1 model but I paid £289 from Simply Electronics. They don't seem to be around now but plenty of other places are.

Mine's a Mark 1 ... just been googling a price but all I can find are Mark 2 prices.

BTW .... I've just learnt that the screen on th Mark 2 tilts down. The Mark 1 screen only tilts up (180 deg) and that's why I was holding the camera upside down doing Oxford Street street. :D HERE

Last edited:
I dropped mine a couple of years ago, it's a well built little thing but the lens cover blades flew out and went everywhere. To protect the lens I bought a lens cap for £1.

The G7X does look good when it is in a case, I was thinking of getting one. I like to carry my camera in my pocket, so encased in a case will make it a tight fit.

19955-1526373451-c94a58ae2b0e958079ce863228c8efd6.jpg

just noticed you have posted 3 shots of the "7" in the last three pages-john have you used it yet or is it just to pretty not to be in the shot:p

just noticed you have posted 3 shots of the "7" in the last three pages-john have you used it yet or is it just to pretty not to be in the shot:p
I have got a few hundred photos taken with the G7X, nicely converted the RAW files to my liking and safely filed away. I have even got some nice video saved, again safely organised for viewing when family come over. I only really take photos of the family, and I am not going to post any on the internet.

I have taken a great deal of photos on the streets, but the composition is bad or the subject uninteresting. I have very rarely taken anything worthy of posting, when I do I will post it up here. I promise I will do my best, and try and post something worthy of viewing. ;)

I have got a few hundred photos taken with the G7X, nicely converted the RAW files to my liking and safely filed away. I have even got some nice video saved, again safely organised for viewing when family come over. I only really take photos of the family, and I am not going to post any on the internet.

I have taken a great deal of photos on the streets, but the composition is bad or the subject uninteresting. I have very rarely taken anything worthy of posting, when I do I will post it up here. I promise I will do my best, and try and post something worthy of viewing. ;)
i was only teasing

20058-1529435687-e6aadbb297334b9964cd3a701345d16c.jpg

Before anyone says anything, I know it is a poop photo. I was just outside the front garden, bright sunlight.
Just messing about, testing things. Manual f/5.6 1/2000 sec ISO 125, oh and dreaded pop up flash. Just a very very quick snap.

Back