The "Canon Powershot G Series" owners thread

... god I love my G7X ... captured in parliament square today ...

BMZiVm4FsM7KgPQuOHJU_u7E1Vk3gRddblEm7JU2WPospRanSRRj1VBM_nkumFUAYXGTrDr2pZFM4Vf4OWUmIP3bFCPuG90Ey00ys3SS6l5kPVX_QK81q5adT_pXRBmcu6LYif3b9oYiSyPVLCT5U6s5ueAnyV38zUaqo6OU-YvX-qlMO2YCPUk0VUChMNilW2_ityjbotXuHemSKrU-Skg9wwtjSUjE2sJ7kb0Wy4tuc0jaDCcOxjgBylTb16_pryiEgPxX9I_L2V-qMW3dmE9WuVmQWpgH-MbxLHqG-cU2yPk3oQ9bcqVifjSu_moluW3FXrHreMt2b7N_iQCCTSnGUInm2_ql5cg9pss6atXemFmdObqZ4a7lzLzD6Fk11a19Gtu9tyjYxAPScv4EfzBjkuMNBJSZaLSWOvT1Wt4xRdUi8M0GU-Q7AqUhsU4hwyJ0IdgPcKsUoBG3jmqN5jHVtBnAqARdG72WzFZEBQlb7gYdyWK-FyjM85l1Jc8471vv4ctYX6kXqihDEW49Br8P3M-Eaz28k0uwUUh1wIqexTGU3e0N0t2U3sg-YffPj01zdla8EyNBhlyFNNtPzsJc37jZbrVlfUOnoNsi7Va4i_fRRNcy_y8bqxya5eSTyUyNVtCt6BispVaP3nVFmAb2og=w1920-h882-no

Sure somebody was selling one as an un wanted prize in classified...looked a good deal.....
Been up since Monday, I think. Seems no offers yet, maybe nobody has seen it. I have already got one, I don't want two. :)

Been out with the G7X this morning, took a couple of photos around the city centre. I think my problem was, I did not get close enough. Also I did not pay enough attention, to light reflections.

All photos, destined for the bin. :(

Last edited:
... god I love my G7X ... captured in parliament square today ...

OK the pic's not that amazing but I've been busy with my new set-up ... GX80+45-150mm.

And my G7X has been neglected of late. It was really nice to pocket her yesterday and head down to Westminster. :D

OK the pic's not that amazing but I've been busy with my new set-up ... GX80+45-150mm.

And my G7X has been neglected of late. It was really nice to pocket her yesterday and head down to Westminster. :D
Much better than what I have been capturing, with my G7X. ;)

Dood whats the evf like in the GX80,some have mentioned a rainbow effect even when not capturing rainbows LOL.do you find it ok? and generally how you getting on with it compared to other cameras youve had,might get one for my daughter

Dood whats the evf like in the GX80,some have mentioned a rainbow effect even when not capturing rainbows LOL.do you find it ok? and generally how you getting on with it compared to other cameras youve had,might get one for my daughter

I haven't used it, I'm now so used to shooting from waist level with the screen pointing up. :cool:

OK I've tested it out a few times and things look a bit weird through there but that doesn't worry me. I imagine you'd only need a better evf if manual focusing. If your aim is to frame a shot nicely then you can see things loud & clear. In fact, things look extremely bright and colourful.

I've got five cameras but this is the first with an evf.

Last edited:
Makes me miss my G3X when I see this old picture I took on it! Considering this was ISO 1600, RAW and processed.. I think its incredible! Only reason I sold was couldn't justify that and the Sony RX10 3 as well as the usual dslrs I have. If Canmon could just sort out the AF speed and the continuous - I'd be first in the queue! Really hopping they do actually do an upgrade for this and don't phase it out! Full res in the link if anyone wants to view it high res!

https://we.tl/t-otuGjJ5M18

Makes me miss my G3X when I see this old picture I took on it! Considering this was ISO 1600, RAW and processed.. I think its incredible! Only reason I sold was couldn't justify that and the Sony RX10 3 as well as the usual dslrs I have. If Canmon could just sort out the AF speed and the continuous - I'd be first in the queue! Really hopping they do actually do an upgrade for this and don't phase it out! Full res in the link if anyone wants to view it high res!

https://we.tl/t-otuGjJ5M18

Can't see the image.

A couple more taken with G7X last week at the HoP ... The Welt Girl ... Never mind the politics. ;)

0GifeomWTDGOPwtpCvymR_tEdd_PttNRCSh1Fsq3x9680wNeJTk2d2yRINrQMVZ3f2V33l3jfM8hHxcKbLjiWZOs0HjU2AK4zBnmnfWL0yZMSgary2SsZnsZcPcjK_N81mUak-Ws1NuAw8cLEgpqinFb9RIO-02L-5Mx1-3-A7hib2vAeomVRDWy-BE9gN3fPSkre7vqYXcsGrnGaw-rG--xcLmM2m4Wymf9C2WdSvqO650NL4AYN9XeDFVdiPBPlNWy63lLRkyXXEhS6DeIcwBpzcu5HSuRvLDsI81jFLSi7-ScA-lMStogqcEasAV6ZVHPaDUE_AqCH8HORg6rSeyQdCM_Gius-3-ht58NyVk50BYtYHnkc0xJd-6Nk3rm1dv-f_FnCvf9thtgEOGLPAjJ3MkCWQ6mPq-5iepTJsuCgDT52HD4DNI7KtJFStXaC0NdYt-mVHSwIvKxqSBj_CyfSYFqedJ2GRqoLZsXjK96PG5u0M2fCPz29IpJct6QZHKiO7K0urmj5btL7caWRQY4evLv432bqelXo2s1K_2KHGby1H4T7v2iFtBu396c5EWMXpfLhklx1GrgAGdNX2J-Z8hPKjBez18JI6Q7G9rgyE-UFvi_e4R9ZCP_jFf6jcGWVoz21V5yhEMWA1vQHWcNVQ=w1304-h869-no

_K2QqA2bb-sPhiblJ0LpYCiT6WIukgEhjGLmTDSjxjcvj9AYSSs-r2FfIQQOBkrl7aVJ-paB9DZ8tUDgJZIgeTvs_okduQtJr9G_MJE2OzZPTrS0DJdZCix5y9fG4THS3dzWk8JPcAiKS3X4i2pHlO5n_d-LM30MUjjxAtip5uxeg5d_jEjTZFYoR9BNCeNm5B7EQmSFc1r0n3OqCBrCxE_hAdUeFMxAjM0JRHGMoIZ5hfCTa-Ago5mk7-RDS9HsdjcyIPtAFSxciCCMy5Czhs86pWNqasTxg91p3fT7apoydUYGkIXAdBZDpvq2BiOWg0dvkPC-0ZfEYVqLfKNd7PzLbK0dawxVqzkk1Py7KaLyrNZ0NH0BkarnkeoDfJsPflSxmSzADvo0R89EB-Za4j79XrH1gOvXwv9wbE4EPx7C3nm7kR9yPhrx3Nspyg48vL2EFCcP0x3X6smh_grxWMwRieKJrCMkD6YYv0bI4i2xbj_g6wfS_DJnc5JfEBe0IXBEVKIkGUHBpIdi6yDEVXXqgFk5res4VrTXF-5WJ5l71kfLW4tmngXucm7Z8ODoWlWinLGtsicaI4sIC2rw2FHvMlFKjK9lObldAhACA377pmSVMbEoYnpSjxSRAWdRIHxyL2ad6GNGmX0EiFJlorH8LQ=w1304-h869-no

Just been looking at a photo, I took of the missus. It looks pretty good, as her eyes, face and hair, look sharp and clear. Her eyes have a nice sparkle to them also. It was taken at ISO 125 and f/4, with a little flash. I thinks f/4 was supposed to be the sweet spot, for the G7X.

I like how you manage to get in close, I don't seem to be able to do that.
I guess it's easier in London, and extremely easy at a place like this ... people milling around, pro and amateur toggers plus a little old bloke like me with a little pocket camera. :)

I guess it's easier in London, and extremely easy at a place like this ... people milling around, pro and amateur toggers plus a little old bloke like me with a little pocket camera. :)
I could not do that up my neck of the woods, stand out like a sore thumb. :)

@d00d

Were these SOOC?
Camera jpegs ....

PP: a tweak in 'Curves' and a little sharpen. Neither were cropped at all. The first need half a degree rotation ... I like my uprights upright. :)

@d00d You are getting some nice colours, in your photos. The IQ of them, also pretty good. You certainly are, getting some interesting shots. :)

Camera jpegs ....

PP: a tweak in 'Curves' and a little sharpen. Neither were cropped at all. The first need half a degree rotation ... I like my uprights upright. :)
Are they in camera tweaks?

I could not do that up my neck of the woods, stand out like a sore thumb. :)

A technique that's like second nature to me now .... hold the camera down, look at the person though the camera, don't look directly at them before or after taking the shot.

A technique that's like second nature to me now .... hold the camera down, look at the person though the camera, don't look directly at them before or after taking the shot.
Yes I forgot, you use the flippy floppy screen, tilted. I just don't like messing to much with the flipping thingy, feels like I might break it. Knowing my luck, I will break the ribbon cable.

a tweak in 'Curves' and a little sharpen. Neither were cropped at all. The first need half a degree rotation ... I like my uprights upright. :)

Done in Paint.Net

Yes I forgot, you use the flippy floppy screen, tilted. I just don't like messing to much with the flipping thingy, feels like I might break it. Knowing my luck, I will break the ribbon cable.

Life's too short ... plus I like the upward POV

Last edited:
Life's too short ... plus I like the upward POV
I shortened the life of a camera once before, by excessive use of the flip out screen. I suppose I might use the flip out, if I really do need the shot. :)

Anyone tried i-Contrast ... a thing I've just sussed out on my G7X?

In picture viewing mode, click Menu, scroll down to i-Contrast, Func Set, then using touch screen you can lift the shadows.

I tried it ages ago with no luck because I thought it was a Raw Processing tool, but it works on Jpegs only. :)

Back