Daily The Dodo's 366 Challenge 2012

Name
Darrell
Edit My Images
Yes
Right after being out on so many occasions with Matt last year hunting for ideas for his 365, I thought i would join in the spirit of things this year and give this a go myself!

Here is my 1st of the challenge, it was taken early this morning on a Run upto East Mids Airport, after a meesly 2 hours Kip(y)

Day 1 challenge 366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

Right after being out on so many occasions with Matt last year hunting for ideas for his 365, I thought i would join in the spirit of things this year and give this a go myself!

Here is my 1st of the challenge, it was taken early this morning on a Run upto East Mids Airport, after a meesly 2 hours Kip(y)

Day 1 challenge 366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

This was stunning on the back of your camera and even more so now when viewed on here (y) I'm now even more angry at myself for still having the settings from the previous night dialed in :bang: :annoyed: :sulk:

We can be hunting together again on a number of occasions this year too (y)

Matt

I must admit im quiet pleased with how this came out, and it is pretty much SOOC, just a few tweaks on the levels and cropped(y)

I like the sky!, the plane is well caught but distracts from the sky for me.

I like the sky!, the plane is well caught but distracts from the sky for me.

The idea behind the photo was to capture the plane as it crossed the opening between the clouds, which i managed!, But i do agree the sky is stunning and would look great all by itself too, I get quiet alot of nice sunsets/rises around by me so keep a look out for when i post one next time, without the plane:LOL:(y)

Like it lots. A really nice silhouette and a great start to the year.

Not quite what i had in mind for today and apologies for posting so late, spent all evening coaching on how to watch cctv:thumbsdown:.

2/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

I recently aquired this old camera from a job lot from the good old E-bay, and if it can get it up and running hope to include some actual photos from it in this challenge

Last edited:
Right on too day three...........

3/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

A visit on the way to work, to the coventry canal basin, which is somewhat of a desolate place these days, originally re-designed to accomodate many bars and restaurants, is now just home to a few remaining small art and craft businesses.

Like the effect on the water.
I went through there many years ago on our family narrowboat :)

And now the forth of my challenge.....
This is a tribute mosaic at coventry canal basin, in rememberence of John and Joseph Cash.
Who in 1846 founded what was to become Englands leading silk Ribbon manufacturer. Right here in my home town of Coventry

4/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not what i had originally taken for todays photo, but when this happy chappy began screaming at me to delete all photos, and that cameras are products of satan.
i thought as way of punishment i would let him feature in my 366 challenge

5/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: you attract all the loonies mate, I'll swap you your loonies for my ability to attract really drunk women (y)

He must have mistaken you for a Nikon user :exit:

Matt

The guy was a complete fruitcake, telling me i was a diciple of satan and i was capturing peoples souls with my pictures:wacky::wacky::wacky:

Almost didnt make todays photo, it was my first day off work since the start of the challenge, and have not stopped all day, but just in the nick of time resorted to a simple macro of a £2 coin!:cool:

6/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

Day 8

a trip out to the west coast this afternoon, with fellow Tp members Mwhcvt and just dave, took us to this fantastic location of st annes, just south of blackpool.
The weather had been grotty all day, but gave us this stunning sunset just as we arrived!

8/366: The fiery gates of........... by The-dodo, on Flickr

Last edited:
It was a great little trip out, and good to finally put a face to the name.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Right day 9 (now that i have a working internet connection!)
Decided to go for an abstract photo today.......any one tell what this is????
9/366 by The-dodo, on Flickr

And onto my first double figured day of the challenge....

Cracked open a packet of liqurice allsorts today, popped on my extension tubes and snapped away.....Before eating the entire packet that is!

10/366 Macro Allsorts by The-dodo, on Flickr

That sunset has made my year so far :woot: has Ray come down of her Ironbrew High yet :LOL: :exit: looking forward to seeing your next update mate :D

Matt

Just about i think :LOL:, I just would like to clarify i did not miss yesterday out, photo taken edited etc, but i couldnt connect to the bloomin internet:bang::bang:

I'd very much be tempted to take out the mast from the roof line especially since it looks like you've clipped a little from the time :thinking:

Matt

Think i may just do that, i was unsure at the time but just couldnt get wide enough to get it all fitting in nicely(y)

and The friday the 13th.....
Had a very hectic day today, and not long got home, so decided to dig out some effects filters and have a quick play.
I wanted to create something slightly odd....being as it is Friday the 13th

13/366 starlight starbright by The-dodo, on Flickr

Back