weekly The Excluded Middle Bearairs 52 The Dogwood Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Roger, sorry for the late comments!
Hope you are well.:)

Your symmetry image is superb....so crisp and simple with some lovely colour.
I can forgive the 'squiffiness' of the image....I have one leg shorter than the other (motorcycle accident years ago!)....so I have a distinct dearth of landscape images in my portfolio for the same reasons....they always come out wonky!!:LOL:

I love the daffodil image....that bubble-bokeh works for me, and the softness is nice too....compliments the subject matter nicely!
I have a few old manual lenses....one is the famous Helios 44-2, which I also paid a tenner for and has a unique style of bokeh....must dig it out and use it sometime....they have some really nice effects, and you have brought out the best in the Meyer.

Your storytelling image is fantastic!
Clever use of contours and angle to emphasise the story.
Great mono treatment too, the tones and contrasts work so well.
Excellent work indeed Roger!(y)

Very Nice Roger, but where is the crow......
Love the low contrast misty look, but there is enough details in the clouds and hills.

Pete

I really like that, Roger. You have great contrast between the light tones of the overall scene and the dark, tiny figures on the beach. I especially like the way they're on the edge of the frame too, so they could easily be missed but the contrast draws your eye to them (y)
Hi Roger, sorry for the late comments!
Hope you are well.:)

Your symmetry image is superb....so crisp and simple with some lovely colour.
I can forgive the 'squiffiness' of the image....I have one leg shorter than the other (motorcycle accident years ago!)....so I have a distinct dearth of landscape images in my portfolio for the same reasons....they always come out wonky!!:LOL:

I love the daffodil image....that bubble-bokeh works for me, and the softness is nice too....compliments the subject matter nicely!
I have a few old manual lenses....one is the famous Helios 44-2, which I also paid a tenner for and has a unique style of bokeh....must dig it out and use it sometime....they have some really nice effects, and you have brought out the best in the Meyer.

Your storytelling image is fantastic!
Clever use of contours and angle to emphasise the story.
Great mono treatment too, the tones and contrasts work so well.
Excellent work indeed Roger!(y)
Very Nice Roger, but where is the crow......
Love the low contrast misty look, but there is enough details in the clouds and hills.

Pete
Thank you all for your support I will not be continuing with this thread or probably be about on the forum much anymore.
Pete, Dave, Andrea and Gareth I wish you all the best with your 52s and photography.
Tatty Bye and a big friendly Bear hug to you all.

Last edited:
Could not resist one final photo before I go
Swan Song.

Swan Song by R Hillman, on Flickr

Closed at the OP's request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back