The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Rumour has it that the 100-400 will be included in the offer. Approx £150 off the price.

Still too much for 3 or 4 times a year. And it's heavy!

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a guy with his guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/170th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (28)-03201 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Yet another in my endless backlog of unprocessed Eigg pictures :) Next month I'm off to Harris, which may solve that problem for a while ;)

Dreaming by David Hallett, on Flickr
I love the gentle colours in this. Although it's almost mono-tone, you would lose so much by converting it to such.

Yet another in my endless backlog of unprocessed Eigg pictures :)

Love that, as previously mentioned, the subtle tones really work. Lovely image.

Next month I'm off to Harris, which may solve that problem for a while ;)

That just means we'll be getting a different load of seascapes, not that I would complain :D

Nice one!
What autofocus setting did you use with this? I struggle to get decent action shots with my X-T2.

What is it you are struggling with? This type of panning shot isn't really that demanding on gear to be honest. If the subject is appearing quickly much closer to you, then the initial lock on would cause you more issues. I've found the X-T2 to be improved, but still not as fast as DSLR. The lens you are using will also impact the initial lock on, an X-T2 with a 50-140 is much quicker than with a 50-230 for sure.

Last edited:
Sorry for the slow response, have been at a hanging :)

That's a lovely composition Dave (y)

Thanks very much!

I love the gentle colours in this. Although it's almost mono-tone, you would lose so much by converting it to such.

Thanks! And yes, I did give that a try, was half expecting mono to be better, but it isn't!

That works very nicely Dave lovely subtle tones.

Cheers Graham! (y)

Love that, as previously mentioned, the subtle tones really work. Lovely image.

That just means we'll be getting a different load of seascapes, not that I would complain :D

Thanks Steve, and yes, I'm afraid you're probably right :D

I'm after a couple of lens cases, for the 100-400 and the 16-55, any recommendations for ones that are well padded, and offer a snug fit.

DSCF7026 by Robert Palmer-Wilson, on Flickr

A cool biker called Steve and his Trike in Deal, Kent. Oh and my OCD meant I justified getting on page 1000 of the most epic thread of Talk Photograhy ever. :fuji:
Have I seen this before on an earlier page?

I'm not really shy to get in peoples faces with street work - however - a biker. Not sure I have your balls (metaphorically speaking obviously)!

That skeleton hand on the wheel arch is a nice touch.

That two hits for you now on the epic 1000 page special :D

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a guy with his guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/170th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (28)-03201 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Excellent capture George

Bought one of these new (without the data back) in the 70s. Best film camera I ever owned. Sold it to a mate who won't sell it back!

Bought one of these new (without the data back) in the 70s. Best film camera I ever owned. Sold it to a mate who won't sell it back!

you should disown him till he sell it back to you ;):LOL:

Just a simple Landscape/Seascape tourist type Fujigraph taken at Cornwall UK.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/200th @ F7.1, ISO-200, Handheld.
Cornwall (7)-03207 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Plenty of interest in this photo, and the figures on the beach give scale.

however - a biker. Not sure I have your balls

Not many of us bite! :D
We tend to be fairly proud of our bikes and are generally happy for people to take photos of them and we tend to have a fair amount of our face covered by helmet, scarf, shades etc.. We're also usually happy to chat about the bike (unless we're in a hurry to be elsewhere) and might even let you sit little Johnny or Jane on it as long as you ask! BUT, make sure you ask - don't just perch them on it and hope it'll be OK!

Plenty of interest in this photo, and the figures on the beach give scale.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Have I seen this before on an earlier page?

I'm not really shy to get in peoples faces with street work - however - a biker. Not sure I have your balls (metaphorically speaking obviously)!

That skeleton hand on the wheel arch is a nice touch.

That two hits for you now on the epic 1000 page special :D

I was actually meeting a guy, to photograph him and some friends with their Scooters, and Steve was part of the Sunday outing of bikers of all sorts, that meet up to go for a run. I asked to take some shots, and he was over the moon that I would be interested in photographing him. Printed some shots as a thank you to them, and dropped them off before last Sundays outing. and Steve was pleased as Punch with the results.:banana:

Thank you George appreciate your taking time to leave a:)(y) comment

Back