The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

How and to what size are you all reducing your images for the forum? I keep getting image to big message

I do all of mine via Flickr at 800 x whatever the shortest size happens to be. Never had a problem yet.(y)

George.

Not sure where ro post this - either here or in a new thread - but I cannot seem to get the XT3 to let me select the AF point via touchscreen while looking through the EVF.
I can select an AF point via the touch screen while using the LCD but not when looking through the EVF. The manual suggests I should be able to do this. Can anyone help?

I've been using the X-T3 a little more over the last couple of weeks and starting to enjoy it a bit more however there is one thing annoying me and that is it seems to be underexposing by approx 1 stop.

I have done a google search and there are others reporting the same thing but I can't seem to find a solution.

It's pretty annoying when you take the photo and everything looks OK, preview/histogram etc then get home to find everything is underexposed by about 1 stop.

Any ideas?

I've been using the X-T3 a little more over the last couple of weeks and starting to enjoy it a bit more however there is one thing annoying me and that is it seems to be underexposing by approx 1 stop.

I have done a google search and there are others reporting the same thing but I can't seem to find a solution.

It's pretty annoying when you take the photo and everything looks OK, preview/histogram etc then get home to find everything is underexposed by about 1 stop.

Any ideas?
I've always had to manually adjust the viewfinder brightness on every XT / XH body i've had, once set up it's fine.

I've always had to manually adjust the viewfinder brightness on every XT / XH body i've had, once set up it's fine.

It's not the view finder, the image also looks ok on the back display and histogram yet it is underexposed by approx 1 stop.

I found one person with same issue, he took the same photo (same settings) on both the X-T3 and and X-T2 and the X-T3 is underexposed... unfortunately he didn't update to say if he found a solution.

x-t3 has arrived today. great service from Panamoz delivery within 48 hours.

also the Fringer ef-fx adapter. currently testing the canon 85mm f1.2Lii lens. focus works BRILLIANTLY (with static subjects). tomorrow i will test this combo on a portrait shoot and see how it tracks etc -

x-t3 has arrived today. great service from Panamoz delivery within 48 hours.

also the Fringer ef-fx adapter. currently testing the canon 85mm f1.2Lii lens. focus works BRILLIANTLY (with static subjects). tomorrow i will test this combo on a portrait shoot and see how it tracks etc -

I've ordered a cheap speed booster to have a play. A speed booster AF adapter would be pretty awesome.

I've ordered a cheap speed booster to have a play. A speed booster AF adapter would be pretty awesome.

would be brilliant if it works well.

ive tried the eye af of a photo and it seems to track well. will try tonight once the family come home.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Folkestone Kent UK of some folk on a Chill Out at a local bar.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/120th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Chill Out-03190 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty:for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

I like that George!

I see you were spotted though ;)

It's not the view finder, the image also looks ok on the back display and histogram yet it is underexposed by approx 1 stop.

I found one person with same issue, he took the same photo (same settings) on both the X-T3 and and X-T2 and the X-T3 is underexposed... unfortunately he didn't update to say if he found a solution.
What have Fuji said?

Any ideas?

I've always had the same issue - it's just the screens Fuji, they are not proper calibrated screens and are way brighter in the shadows than they should be. The best advice I can give is to forget using anything but DR 100%, and don't set the highlights or shadows to negative values. You'll stand a much better chance then, but in time you'll get to know what the end result will be for any given exposure value. The exposure was re calibrated in the T2 to underexpose the same scene by about 2/3 stop less than the X-T1, which doesn't help matters. I'm not sure if they've tweaked it again on the 3.

I've always had the same issue - it's just the screens Fuji, they are not proper calibrated screens and are way brighter in the shadows than they should be. The best advice I can give is to forget using anything but DR 100%, and don't set the highlights or shadows to negative values. You'll stand a much better chance then, but in time you'll get to know what the end result will be for any given exposure value. The exposure was re calibrated in the T2 to underexpose the same scene by about 2/3 stop less than the X-T1, which doesn't help matters. I'm not sure if they've tweaked it again on the 3.

Thanks, I guess that could be it, if so pretty annoying and not sure I will get used to it as the X-T3 isn't my main camera. I'll see what Fuji say and I'll do some more testing on the weekend to see if it is what you suggest.

Following this with interest because I adjusted my settings yesterday on the XH-1. The screen was quite close to the final image but the EVF was too bright using Auto so I adjusted the brightness and got it pretty good. As for adjusting highlights and shadows I was shooting towards fairly bright sun yesterday and adjusting highlights and shadows to -2 got it spot on in the viewfinder. I usually have highlights and shadows set to -1 anyway, I find JPEG’s need fewer adjustments that way. Obviously that doesn’t affect the RAW file.

Is there a way to get a bigger histogram? on my D850 I can press a button to get a full screen histogram which is really handy.

I love the XT3 so far. It's an amazingly well thought - out camera. I have to say I hate the grip though! Mine is in the process of being returned.

Anyone know of any current Fuji Refurb shop discount codes? I have bought from them a couple of times before succesfully with codes and saved a good few £s. :)

Anyone know of any current Fuji Refurb shop discount codes? I have bought from them a couple of times before succesfully with codes and saved a good few £s. :)

Ah, you’re referring to the “golden age” of 2 years ago when there were some bargains to be had.

Trying to claim my X-T3 cashback. Re previous discussion about lack of cashback leaflets - what are folk uploading when it asks for a copy of the leaflet?

Back