The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Folkestone Harbour Kent UK of a small Fishing Boat & Tender at Low Tide.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/640th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Low Tide-03297 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Damn that is low tide ... Nicely captured, George.

Another test shot, this time my local church. I was looking for angles and plan to do some long exposures but for now just a couple of pre-sunset shots:

Holy Trinity-3 by Ian, on Flickr

Holy Trinity-2 by Ian, on Flickr
I like both these shots Ian, but would take down the yellow saturation in the grass in the second one and see what you think about whether it's an improvement.

If you've been using Photomatix to blend exposures, it does that to colours quite a lot, one of several reasons I gave up using it.

Seems that whenever ya have a cuppa, these lovely little chaps turn up for a crumb or two....XT3 55-200

DSCF1637 by Darrin Roberts, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph, with a good pose and plenty of detail.

“If you don’t mind me saying, to improve the composition I would have cropped some of the area to the right, and also would have cloned out that distracting bright spot (probably a stud in a bench etc) to the right of the bird”

George.

Thanks, I know what you mean about the bolt head, it's a very heavy crop of about 70%, with very little wriggle room, and I just managed to get another one to the right cropped out.
Need to get to grips with photoshop me thinks...

Just popped 2 of these In, seem to be fine, and quite a reasonable price on Amazon... IMG_20190424_165348.jpeg

I like both these shots Ian, but would take down the yellow saturation in the grass in the second one and see what you think about whether it's an improvement.
If you've been using Photomatix to blend exposures, it does that to colours quite a lot, one of several reasons I gave up using it.

Good call, big improvement. This was probably from my cack-handed use of Color Efex Pro where I find it really easy to push things just 20% too far. Then I usually go a bit further!

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at London UK of a couple of folk out strolling in the sunshine. I've deliberately gone for a high contrast presentation to this snap to emphasize the contre-jour light & shadows.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/2000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (18)-03299 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Love this George. Really strong silhouettes

Love the olden feel to this, and dare I say ... but I would have been tempted to try an 'antique' Sepia processing to see how it would turn out.
Cheers! And yes, I see the idea, but when I tried monochrome, it lost something for me, not enough strong shapes I think, and I would think sepia would be no different. Thanks for the thought though.

Cheers! And yes, I see the idea, but when I tried monochrome, it lost something for me, not enough strong shapes I think, and I would think sepia would be no different. Thanks for the thought though.

Sepia gets a bad rep, but I find it endearing at times, really depends on the image though. And no doubt you're right, you are the artist after all ;) Still like it as is though :)

I’m in Halifax in Nova Scotia this week for work.
Snatched 10 minutes on a closed walkway before security asked me to leave to grab this shot. It was raining and foggy but the X-T30 and my new Manfrotto Beefee advance were great.69488E37-4C85-47E1-93EB-90B2A30BC530.jpeg

This was another shot facing the other way (while I stalled the security guard) of the ferry passing by, wish I had more time to take this one again but he was insisting I left as it was dangerous.

B71BBBBB-4015-4EC5-8EC5-B3EE0ED7B5C5.jpeg

Last edited:
The dogs having a great time over Easter. I love this image even if it's not technically perfect, as it's looks like Charlie (on the left) is laughing his socks off :D

and Daisy (our 7 month old), mid leap

Last edited:
I'm just acquiring a mint Super Multi Coated Takumar 85mm f1.8 (M42) lens to adapt for use with my X-T3.
Does anyone have any particular recommendations or warnings about which adapter to buy?
Thanks.

I was really sorry to miss the mint X-H1 and grip recently sold by @Sootchucker - anyone else wishing to sell a mint setup?
Also posted in 'wanted' forum.

I organised the repair for one of my T2 bodies yesterday PM, and the package to send back to Fuji arrived this morning. Let's hope they fix it as quickly!!

I'm just acquiring a mint Super Multi Coated Takumar 85mm f1.8 (M42) lens to adapt for use with my X-T3.
Does anyone have any particular recommendations or warnings about which adapter to buy?
Thanks.

I have an X-Pro1, X-T2, X-T10 and X-E3. I have tried K&F concept PK to FX adaptors - one worked fine but the other was so tight a fit on all my cameras that I felt unhappy with using it. The Nik to FX adaptors were fine. For M42 to FX I use cheap ones from Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Berlin-Opt...uji+x+adapter&qid=1556193748&s=gateway&sr=8-8
These have a decent sized Allen key and screw which makes orientating the lens a doddle.

XT-3 + 23 f/1.4 my preferred combo for street.

One from the extinction rebellion......note the protester carrying the phone made of metal, plastic and containing a lithium battery, further along they were sitting on top of their highly polluting diesel lorry whilst others made their way to Waterloo to board electric trains..........

ER-2 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

XT-3 + 23 f/1.4 my preferred combo for street.

One from the extinction rebellion......note the protester carrying the phone made of metal, plastic and containing a lithium battery, further along they were sitting on top of their highly polluting diesel lorry whilst others made their way to Waterloo to board electric trains..........

ER-2 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Very nice candid street style Fujigraph, well seen & nicely presented.

George.

Back