The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

XT-3 + 23 f/1.4 my preferred combo for street.

One from the extinction rebellion......note the protester carrying the phone made of metal, plastic and containing a lithium battery, further along they were sitting on top of their highly polluting diesel lorry whilst others made their way to Waterloo to board electric trains..........

ER-2 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Very nice Pete

This is the spot where I will be getting married in just over 4 hours.

DSCF2231 by rick phillips, on Flickr

We looked at the beach venue, but I hate sand...
DSCF2233 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Lovely resort :)

DSCF2243 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF2248 by rick phillips, on Flickr

I will be interested to see what the wedding pics are like, I wasn't going to bother but the missus insisted we have some. As there are only 3 of us we went for the smallest package which was 32 pics and an hour coverage. We get to keep the stick and have a small book produced for $400. For 50 shots and a video with an hour coverage it was $1,695!!

I will be interested to see what the wedding pics are like, I wasn't going to bother but the missus insisted we have some. As there are only 3 of us we went for the smallest package which was 32 pics and an hour coverage. We get to keep the stick and have a small book produced for $400. For 50 shots and a video with an hour coverage it was $1,695!!

congratulations. enjoy

Pretty hefty pricing that! But, nm, enjoy your day and Congat's! Heres to you both :beer:

Big congrats from me Rick to the both of you.

Congrulations to you both, have. lovely day.

Congrats, mate ... Enjoy (y)

#2 looks painful! and wtf is a 'Legal observer'? :/ first time I've seen that one. Great 'captures', I think that is relevant on this occasion :)
Lol there where legal observers all the place filming and taking notes. It was a very passive and friendly demo when I was there the police had started to clear the roads. Credit to the police and the demonstrators it was all done in a very friendly manner and I never saw a hint of any trouble or bad feeling from the police of the demonstrators.

All the best for a lovely day & a long and happy life together.(y):beer:

George.

I didn't want to start a separate topic for this, so ask here as it's X-T2 related.

I have a X-T2 with 18-55 and aim to acquire both a 10-24 and 55-200 soon. I want to buy a bag to accommodate these, along with a few accessories (filters, spare battery, etc). I have been looking at the likes of Think Tank Retrospective and Mirrorless Mover, as well as options from Domke too. I want a shoulder/messenger style bag, rather than a backpack. I already have smaller bag options for lighter days out.

Has anyone with the same or similar carrying requirements, found the ideal solutions?

I didn't want to start a separate topic for this, so ask here as it's X-T2 related.

I have a X-T2 with 18-55 and aim to acquire both a 10-24 and 55-200 soon. I want to buy a bag to accommodate these, along with a few accessories (filters, spare battery, etc). I have been looking at the likes of Think Tank Retrospective and Mirrorless Mover, as well as options from Domke too. I want a shoulder/messenger style bag, rather than a backpack. I already have smaller bag options for lighter days out.

Has anyone with the same or similar carrying requirements, found the ideal solutions?

I use a Billingham Hadley Pro (in stealth black!!), that lot would fit in easily, recommend additional shoulder pad, very comfortable even for long periods.

“Excellent” set of Fujigraphs, liking all of these very much, with #1 & #2 being my fav’s.

George.
Many thanks. I will revisit the PP when I get back from holiday. :)

First shot with X-T2 + Canon 100mm via Fringer Pro. The Fringer works well enough - focusing is relatively slow but no big deal for macro and there's an aperture ring which does the job ok. Definitely a viable option if there are any Canon lenses you fancy :)

Droplets
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Macro lenses - even native - are often pretty slow to AF when you're in around 1:1 magnification. How is the AF at normal shooting situations? I have a Fringer pro on the way for my XH1 - which is also hopefully on the way! I got it as I had a couple of Canon lenses already, using it with the Canon 55-250 STM will negate the need to buy a Fuji 55-200 hopefully! I have read that this lens works very well on the Fringer. I would also be interested in the 100mm macro, the older non-L version, as with the H1 I wouldn't need lens OIS. What other Canon lenses have you tried if any? Have you updated to the latest Fringer firmware?

Macro lenses - even native - are often pretty slow to AF when you're in around 1:1 magnification. How is the AF at normal shooting situations? I have a Fringer pro on the way for my XH1 - which is also hopefully on the way! I got it as I had a couple of Canon lenses already, using it with the Canon 55-250 STM will negate the need to buy a Fuji 55-200 hopefully! I have read that this lens works very well on the Fringer. I would also be interested in the 100mm macro, the older non-L version, as with the H1 I wouldn't need lens OIS. What other Canon lenses have you tried if any? Have you updated to the latest Fringer firmware?

Hi Keith - just had a play with it. The AF is pretty patchy to be honest (with the non L 100mm) so I would not get your hopes too high. I have not bothered looking into firmware as it's not a big deal for macro as you say. The 100mm is the only lens I have tried as I didn't get on with the Fuji 80mm.

Cheers

Hi Keith - just had a play with it. The AF is pretty patchy to be honest (with the non L 100mm) so I would not get your hopes too high. I have not bothered looking into firmware as it's not a big deal for macro as you say. The 100mm is the only lens I have tried as I didn't get on with the Fuji 80mm.

Cheers

The first thing I will do is update the FW, on another forum they were saying it improved lenses like the 55-250 immensely. I also have the 50mm 1.8 to test, and others said the 85 1.8 also performs really well on the adapter. I'm using a similar adapter for my G80 and the lenses work very well, the Fringer is supposed to be better than the Viltrox I have. Especially since it's double the price, more even

Just popped 2 of these In, seem to be fine, and quite a reasonable price on Amazon... View attachment 243245

If you haven't already done so, I'd strongly recommend that you have your second card slot set as a backup. I've had two complete card corruption failures - one in X-T2 and other in X-T3, both while using (different) Lexar cards. I'm using Sandisk as my primary cards now, still have a couple of Lexars as spares but I no longer trust them.

If you haven't already done so, I'd strongly recommend that you have your second card slot set as a backup. I've had two complete card corruption failures - one in X-T2 and other in X-T3, both while using (different) Lexar cards. I'm using Sandisk as my primary cards now, still have a couple of Lexars as spares but I no longer trust them.
I dare you to post that in the Nikon Z and Canon R threads :LOL:

Hi Pete, I have found the Think Tank Retrospective 7 perfect for exactly that combination of body and lenses, with plenty of extra room for batteries, filters etc.

Thinking of trying my 100-400 for an XH-1, it’s getting used but not loads. Do you think it’s a good move?

Thinking of trying my 100-400 for an XH-1, it’s getting used but not loads. Do you think it’s a good move?

Depends on what you shoot, mine is almost always on one of my bodies (although one goes back to Fuji for repair today...). Couldn't get on without my long lenses personally.

Back