The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm looking for the best stills camera+ lens sub £500 and came across an XT-1 in dark chrome with the 18-55/2.8-4 that just squeezes under. Is it a decent combo? Are there better options?

Last edited:
I'm looking for the best stills camera+ lens sub £500 and came across an XT-1 in dark chrome with the 18-55/2.8-4 that just squeezes under. Is it a decent combo? Are there better options?

Still a great camera and lens combination.

Sounds decent enough pricing if all is in good nick and no issues. The graphite version won't do anything to boost performance obviously, but it'll look that bit cooler than the average :) I loved the X-T1 when I owned it, still a relevant camera today IMO

It's a combination I still use most days, and I can't see that changing much in the near future. It's capable of producing lovely images and is an engaging experience to boot.

Sounds decent enough pricing if all is in good nick and no issues. The graphite version won't do anything to boost performance obviously, but it'll look that bit cooler than the average :) I loved the X-T1 when I owned it, still a relevant camera today IMO

I thought the colour looked good. I’m sold on the idea of the X-T1 but I’m not a big zoom guy. The 35/2 would prob suit me better.

It's a combination I still use most days, and I can't see that changing much in the near future. It's capable of producing lovely images and is an engaging experience to boot.

Thank you Nick.

Last edited:
I thought the colour looked good. I’m sold on the idea of the X-T1 but I’m not a big zoom guy. The 35/2 would prob suit me better.

The 35F2 is a sweet little lens, packs much more of a punch than it would seem looking at it, which makes it ideal for street photography. I'm more a prime shooter myself. When I had the X-T1 I had the 35mm 1.4 almost perma-attached to it, though I had other lenses like the 55-200, 27 2.8 and a bunch of vintage adapted lenses. But, I'd go for the F2 over the 1.4 nowadays. It loses a stop of light compared to the 1.4 but more than makes up for it in performance. It's better built - though a bit smaller, it's weather sealed where the 1.4 is not, it's much faster to focus and also does it quietly - the 1.4 certainly doesn't

You could buy the set up you're looking at and if you don't like the zoom they are easy enough to sell on, you'd get £250+ for one in very good condition, then buy the 35F2 - sorted :)

I'm actually pondering still for like 2 weeks now :D on whether to rebuy the 35 F2 or get the 50F2 - kinda want both but can only have one or other for now

Last edited:
Thanks Keith, its been a bit stormy the past few days, had to get out this evening seeing as it was a near perfectly clear evening.

Possibly the last shot I'll post using the Canon 55-250 on the X-H1 as I've just sold on my fringer pro adapter. This one was using a Raynox 250 attached and shot at 70mm using off cam flash. It is a bit soft I know, trying to focus on the teensy [and it really was, if you know these berries you know even they are tiny] moth that had landed, but it was also breezy out which oft fecks up a macro

Mine berry! by K G, on Flickr

The 35F2 is a sweet little lens, packs much more of a punch than it would seem looking at it, which makes it ideal for street photography. I'm more a prime shooter myself. When I had the X-T1 I had the 35mm 1.4 almost perma-attached to it, though I had other lenses like the 55-200, 27 2.8 and a bunch of vintage adapted lenses. But, I'd go for the F2 over the 1.4 nowadays. It loses a stop of light compared to the 1.4 but more than makes up for it in performance. It's better built - though a bit smaller, it's weather sealed where the 1.4 is not, it's much faster to focus and also does it quietly - the 1.4 certainly doesn't

You could buy the set up you're looking at and if you don't like the zoom they are easy enough to sell on, you'd get £250+ for one in very good condition, then buy the 35F2 - sorted :)

I'm actually pondering still for like 2 weeks now :D on whether to rebuy the 35 F2 or get the 50F2 - kinda want both but can only have one or other for now

I'm thinking I'll buy just the X-T1 and a cheapo m-mount adapter and try it with some lenses I've hung on to.

Some tiny Shrooms with the 16mm - was tempted to clone out the grass blades but kept in for scale, really teensy fungus. Shot at F2 here , at 1.4 barely anything was in focus, and they say go FF for shallower DOF :thinking:

Microshrooms by K G, on Flickr

OK .. I need to cut the grass ... :LOL:

That’s a very nice close up style Fujigraph, with good comp’ & colour.

George.

I had the same shock this morning... I now have a 27mm on the way. :p
Likewise, I'm extremely tempted as that price is way less than any used item.
The temptation got me in the end. I gave up trying to resist buying it. At £129, it’s just too cheap not to get one.

The temptation got me in the end. I gave up trying to resist buying it. At £129, it’s just too cheap not to get one.

It's silly money!

Hopefully it will cure the one problem I still have, pocketability. Currently, if I'm travelling light my LX100 comes along in my hoodie pocket. I reckon with the 27mm I'll just squeeze the Fuji in.

Impressed with their Comms so far, ordered Weds, and got a confirmation email yesterday along with a pic of the item next to my packing slip.

That’s a very nice close up style Fujigraph, with good comp’ & colour.

George.

Thanks George :)

It's silly money!

Hopefully it will cure the one problem I still have, pocketability. Currently, if I'm travelling light my LX100 comes along in my hoodie pocket. I reckon with the 27mm I'll just squeeze the Fuji in.

Impressed with their Comms so far, ordered Weds, and got a confirmation email yesterday along with a pic of the item next to my packing slip.

The 27 2.8 was the first Fuji lens I ever tried on my old X-T1, and I wasn't disappointed - only I'm not a huge fan of pancake lenses in general, prefer a lens to grip on to - I'd have held on to it. It's definitely worth more than einfinity sell them for! You can't lose, don't like it? sell it on at no loss

Thanks for the info. I’ve joined the Fuji club by buying the X-T1. I’ll sort some lenses when I’ve played with the body and some legacy lenses for a bit.

I feel like I’m almost being bad-mannered by not buying one at that price. :) I’ve got the 35f2 though. The 27mm is a bit too close. That’s how I’m talking myself out of it anyway...:p

Probably been asked a million times but....

...recommendations for XT2 spare battery?

50 quid seems a bit harsh for Fuji-made as I’m quite good at milking battery life, so a spare is a ‘just in case.’ (Famous last words.) Duracell look reasonably priced.

I feel like I’m almost being bad-mannered by not buying one at that price. :) I’ve got the 35f2 though. The 27mm is a bit too close. That’s how I’m talking myself out of it anyway...:p

50 quid seems a bit harsh for Fuji-made as I’m quite good at milking battery life, so a spare is a ‘just in case.’ (Famous last words.) Duracell look reasonably priced.

There's a batch of batteries going in classified, 4 for £15 or so I think. I would have bought them for the XH1 but I need the s version, also I find the 2 Fuji batts I have cover me for a whole day's shooting.

I'm guessing you can't go wrong with Duracell, if they can't make a battery, no-one can.
I keep 5 for mine, for cover when I'm camping with the kids. I've got the original and a couple of Expros. I recently bought a couple of DotFoto ones from Amazon, purely because I had a couple of them for my LX100 and found the performance indistinguishable from the original. They seem to work equally as well for the Fuji, and as an added bonus were dirt cheap.

That's a positive "Result" in my book, I'd be very surprised if you don't like the 55-200mm lens. "ENJOY".

George.

Thanks, George :) I thought it was a pretty good deal. Should arrive on Monday, all going well (y)

Thanks, George :) I thought it was a pretty good deal. Should arrive on Monday, all going well (y)

I'm kinda tempted to buy another one, as I've sold the Canon adapter the tele lens I was using is no use to me now. But I think i might go for a 50F2 first as I have some portraits to do end of month and next month, it's into the winter I like to have a tele lens for the birds coming in to feed

I`ve got the ex-pro white ones from amazon, and think for the money (or little of it), they`re good.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-1260mAh-Replacement-Fujifilm-NP-W126/dp/B00EXP4Z9U

I'm kinda tempted to buy another one, as I've sold the Canon adapter the tele lens I was using is no use to me now. But I think i might go for a 50F2 first as I have some portraits to do end of month and next month, it's into the winter I like to have a tele lens for the birds coming in to feed

Probably a better option for this time of year, mate. Typical me leaving to after the event as usual ;) But it has been on my radar for a while, and I have primes to cover the 16-80 GAS that stirred my belly for a short while.

Back