The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I’ve not heard of e-infinity before. Nearly spilled my morning cuppa when I looked at the prices. The Samyang I’ve got my eye on is way cheaper than s/h copies from usual suppliers. I feel a purchase coming on soonish...

“GO FOR IT”, nuff said. :)

George.

Sunrise at Leigh-On-Sea with Fuji Xe1 and XF 16-55mm

eiLWFco.jpg
Love that !!!!

About £150, which bites a bit for sure. I bought all my other fuji stuff from panamoz, so happy with them tbh, and they have 3 years. I-Efinity is mad cheap in comparison, but have never used them. As for owning time, so far I`m more than happy with my T2, and can`t see myself changing anytime in the near future.
e-ifinity £409, panamoz £565, UK £625
I would go for e infin at that price, warranty is overrated lol

Descisions descisions ... Now fuji have a 5 year extended warranty deal running, which I reckon is a pretty good thing. But, obviously there`s the price difference between uk and *cough* grey. Without getting into the politics of this one, which would you think the better deal would be, for my inpending 55-200? I can`t make my mind up :banghead:

On all the lenses I have owned, never had an issue. Most faults would be apparent early on i would think. I would not be bothered about a 5 year warranty

Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate you all taking the time (y)

Descisions descisions ... Now fuji have a 5 year extended warranty deal running, which I reckon is a pretty good thing. But, obviously there`s the price difference between uk and *cough* grey. Without getting into the politics of this one, which would you think the better deal would be, for my inpending 55-200? I can`t make my mind up :banghead:

I used E-Infinity for my 10-24 recently. Crazy price compared to the UK, they kept me updated throughout with photos of the lens / package and I had it in a week. I'll be using them again for sure!

I would love to trust in einfinity, but being in Ireland is a pain when it comes to customs. They stop everything! And if they do you have to pay 22% [they ask for proof of the price you paid] + a fee for their hassles on top making it not so cheap anymore. Bit of a gamble. It seems in the UK nobody gets this. Not ever tried them for this reason it was other Chinese based sites. But if they stop one, they're probably checking them all

Last edited:
Sunday I took my new 100-400 out with my X-T2. I’m a Paraplegic from chest down so use a mobility scooter, the long and short of it is....the scooter tipped over on its side crushing my bag between ground and scooter (heavy scooter). Was lifted back on by kind passers by, but couldn’t bring myself to look in the bag till I got home only to find the lens had RIPPED the mount away from the body and smashed the the glass of the sensor. Will post picks when I get a chance, can’t seem to do it from my iPad. I’m still to check the lens and converter, but I’m not holding my breath!

Sunday I took my new 100-400 out with my X-T2. I’m a Paraplegic from chest down so use a mobility scooter, the long and short of it is....the scooter tipped over on its side crushing my bag between ground and scooter (heavy scooter). Was lifted back on by kind passers by, but couldn’t bring myself to look in the bag till I got home only to find the lens had RIPPED the mount away from the body and smashed the the glass of the sensor. Will post picks when I get a chance, can’t seem to do it from my iPad. I’m still to check the lens and converter, but I’m not holding my breath!

Firstly, I hope that you are ok!

Send it to Fujifilm, explaining exactly what had happened, they might fix it for free (they did with my X-T2, cracked glass on front of sensor after a fall), worst case I think is £180 for the body. But they do have a bit of a reputation of being on the generous side.

Dang that sucks :/ I would do as Mr Perceptive suggests. The one saving grace here is, well that you're ok personally first, but the more expensive bit of kit was ok? The lens

very nice. incredibly sharp, considering the focal length and shutter speed. i like this a lot.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a guy concentrating on making a Roll Up cigarette.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/70th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

Rolling My Own-03324
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Love this one geroge :) so many other questions as well, what does the tattoo say? what make is the watch and how long has he had it? what tobacoo is he rolling? Everything that makes a picture for me.

Last edited:
That is some intense cloud! Nice, works well in B&W too.

In contrast ... Here's a sunset over the Serengeti

September sunset by K G, on Flickr

...I wish! Sunset over the Irish north midlands more like :D

Lovely capture I’ve not shot many sunsets this year !
scrolling down the image a crop just above the left hand tree also makes another lovely image :)(y)

Lovely capture I’ve not shot many sunsets this year !
scrolling down the image a crop just above the left hand tree also makes another lovely image :)(y)

Yeah I have a few similar to go through, will experiment with crops :) it was getting the birds right was the key for me, it was the seagulls [I think] heading that direction in waves that drew my attention initially, the sun was higher up at the time. It literally began to drop as I watched and that lovely orange colour became more intense. This hasn't been colour boosted, just some contrast, highlights, exp adjustments really. It was shot portrait orientation so I should have more room to crop some more [this is already a good sized crop]

Last edited:
Love this one geroge :) so many other questions as well, what does the tattoo say? what make is the watch and how long has he had it? what tobacoo is he rolling? Everything that makes a picture for me.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

Last edited:
I would love to trust in einfinity, but being in Ireland is a pain when it comes to customs. They stop everything! And if they do you have to pay 22% [they ask for proof of the price you paid] + a fee for their hassles on top making it not so cheap anymore. Bit of a gamble. It seems in the UK nobody gets this. Not ever tried them for this reason it was other Chinese based sites. But if they stop one, they're probably checking them all

I got my 80mm macro from them. Excellent service and it came discreetly packaged with a UK postage label and from a UK address. So unless you have the same problems with packages coming from GB you should be fine.

I've also just ordered a Z6 kit from them....

I'm based in Belfast but regularly in Donegal and in Dublin about once a month - feel free to use me as an intermediary if you think even a GB-originating parcel will get checked by Irish customs, I'm sure we could arrange a handover easily enough.

I got my 80mm macro from them. Excellent service and it came discreetly packaged with a UK postage label and from a UK address. So unless you have the same problems with packages coming from GB you should be fine.

I've also just ordered a Z6 kit from them....

I'm based in Belfast but regularly in Donegal and in Dublin about once a month - feel free to use me as an intermediary if you think even a GB-originating parcel will get checked by Irish customs, I'm sure we could arrange a handover easily enough.

That's very generous of you cheers, will bear that in mind :)

I think the problem is, or at least was, they didn't always deliver via the UK, or of they didn't have stock in the UK it was shipped from China. And even a hint of Chinese lettering on a package would have customs rubbing their scrawny mitts together. If it arrives from the UK then all would be fine, but how do I know when ordering? Contact them first I guess?

That's very generous of you cheers, will bear that in mind :)

I think the problem is, or at least was, they didn't always deliver via the UK, or of they didn't have stock in the UK it was shipped from China. And even a hint of Chinese lettering on a package would have customs rubbing their scrawny mitts together. If it arrives from the UK then all would be fine, but how do I know when ordering? Contact them first I guess?

I guess that is what you would have to do, when I got my 10-24 last week it looks as if its been shipped from the UK. No sign of Chinese lettering.

Well 55-200 ordered :) Managed to talk panamoz down to a price I was prepared to pay, so played safe and went with them :)

That's a positive "Result" in my book, I'd be very surprised if you don't like the 55-200mm lens. "ENJOY".

George.

AM I a very light user here, or just more careful? I was curious as to the shutter count of my X-H1 as I bought it used, albeit 'like new' 5 months back. This site here will give you the actuation count for Fuji cameras by uploading your most recent RAW or [un-processed] Jpeg file: https://www.apotelyt.com/photo-camera/fujifilm-shutter-count

Mine's only at 6K, I was expecting it to be a lot higher.

Back