The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Name
Soeren
Edit My Images
Yes
For those who own (or have owned) a 55-200. Could you give me some pro`s and con`s in real world shooting please. I`m looking for a little more reach, as my longest other than the macro, is 56mm, It won`t be used too often, but for the odd time I fancy shooting some critters, it would come in handy. The big boy lenses are out of reach for the amount of use it`ll be getting. Plus I want to keep the weight down ;)

TIA (y)
With an extension tube its great for closeups

DSCF8280-Fotoklub.jpg

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Name
Soeren
Edit My Images
Yes
Cracking shot this, maybe tone down the green BG a bit :thinking:
Yeah, had a look at the C1 color settings and took it from auto to Provia (in RAW). My initial suspicion was it was Velvia:wave: somehow I cant select it for output processing now :thinking:

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Great set if images Keith, IMO I think you and the X-H1 are now a perfect match.
Cheers Dave, I am loving the camera more recently I would say. The set up I use for macro has such shallow dof at longer focal lengths I just find pulling back to between 70-80mm allows that bit more precision then just crop in a bit. Some day I'll have that 80mm macro ... Mmm

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a Young Lady Fiddler doing a bit of street playing.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Young Lady Fiddler-03323 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Cracking and well timed shot George, she is looking right at you.

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a Young Lady Fiddler doing a bit of street playing.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Young Lady Fiddler-03323 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Nice one. As said, the eye contact makes all the difference. (y)

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
Nice one. As said, the eye contact makes all the difference. (y)

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

Last edited:
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
An experiment for me - X100F (AcrosR), uploaded to my phone, edited in Snapseed uploaded to TP - Greenham Common Control Tower

View attachment 254317

Edit - looked fine on phone, but now looks really soft!!

Uploading to Imgur and linking looks like this (is that any better?):-

The tower in the #2 shot looks sharper to me.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
The tower in the #2 shot looks sharper to me.
Yup, #2 is sharper overall, on the tower, the bushes and the foreground, though there is more noise in the sky
Thanks, the noise is almost certainly caused by in-phone processing, really difficult to judge stuff on a small screen, might have another go!!

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
I could never get with processing on my phone using LR, I almost always ended up re-processing on the laptop after checking. But then my phone is a bit out-dated and the screen not as good as higher end more up to date ones

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Descisions descisions ... Now fuji have a 5 year extended warranty deal running, which I reckon is a pretty good thing. But, obviously there`s the price difference between uk and *cough* grey. Without getting into the politics of this one, which would you think the better deal would be, for my inpending 55-200? I can`t make my mind up :banghead:

Name
Keith
Edit My Images
No
Descisions descisions ... Now fuji have a 5 year extended warranty deal running, which I reckon is a pretty good thing. But, obviously there`s the price difference between uk and *cough* grey. Without getting into the politics of this one, which would you think the better deal would be, for my inpending 55-200? I can`t make my mind up :banghead:
What's the price difference? Do you think you will own it for 5years? It's not a lens I have ever heard anyone state they had any issues or faults over time with so there's that as reassurance. In fact, I can't think of any Fuji lenses that are known to have faults or issues over time, they do really put them together extremely well.

Last edited:
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
What's the price difference? Do you think you will own it for 5years? It's not a lens I have ever heard anyone state they had any issues or faults over time with so there's that as reassurance. In fact, I can't think of any Fuji lenses that are known to have faults or issues over time, they do really put them together extremely well.
About £150, which bites a bit for sure. I bought all my other fuji stuff from panamoz, so happy with them tbh, and they have 3 years. I-Efinity is mad cheap in comparison, but have never used them. As for owning time, so far I`m more than happy with my T2, and can`t see myself changing anytime in the near future.
e-ifinity £409, panamoz £565, UK £625

Last edited: