The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Here is a quick question regarding flash and exposure compensation:

I am playing about with my flash / ambient light balance, and was wondering if someone could explain what Fuji does in these examples?

If I use the flash in TTL and set the camera at -2 stops exposure either by using exposure compensation or manually, will the flash still try and provide the correct exposure, or will it try and expose at -2 stops?

I have had a play and I usually end up setting the flash in manual mode, but out of interest, can anyone let me know how this is supposed to work?

I'm talking an effect like this, excuse the rubbish subject.

DSCF1703 by rick phillips, on Flickr
Thanks,
Is it a Fuji flash?

Is it a Fuji flash?
It is a Godox V860ii, would that make a difference? It seems to be fully compatible with the camera settings from what I can see. I don't see it being a problem, but I just wondered what it was supposed to do in this instance.

I was under the impression that Canon guns worked but only in manual, so just wondered if you were using that make or something else.

I was under the impression that Canon guns worked but only in manual, so just wondered if you were using that make or something else.
Hi, oh I see, no it is a Fuji version of the Godox flash :)

X-pro 3 now available to pre order. £1699 for black and just under £1800 for the other colours. Leaked specs are spot on.

X-pro 3 now available to pre order. £1699 for black and just under £1800 for the other colours. Leaked specs are spot on.

Some Fuji hardcore will love it, but to me it's an over priced gimmick of a camera. Not a chance in hell I'd pay anything close to that for an APSC body. You can get the Nikon Z6, Sony A7III or Canon EOS R cheaper now - Fuji are off their rocker on this one IMO

DPReview feel pretty 'meh' about it too

View: https://youtu.be/yRGF8wo2up4

Last edited:
Some Fuji hardcore will love it, but to me it's an over priced gimmick of a camera. Not a chance in hell I'd pay anything close to that for an APSC body. You can get the Nikon Z6, Sony A7III or Canon EOS R cheaper now - Fuji are off their rocker on this one IMO

After the X-H1 slashed its price in half after 12 months I doubt I'd ever look to pre order a fuji again unless there was something very special about the camera. i do quite like the look of this, the improved evf and the low light focus ability are appealing.

After the X-H1 slashed its price in half after 12 months I doubt I'd ever look to pre order a fuji again unless there was something very special about the camera. i do quite like the look of this, the improved evf and the low light focus ability are appealing.

There was zero chance of me ever buying the H1 upon release. I had just switched to M43 because I wanted IBIS, the H1 came out just after but was way too rich for me but I always had in mind to switch back and get one once they dropped enough. Just under £1K was more my range so I did just that soon as I could get one for that money in like new con. They were 900 at the time and I got 15% off. That was what I'd call decent price, a barely touched camera for half the original price. It'll be a while before the pro3 drops to anything like that though. Seems like they want it to be a bit exclusive where they wanted the H1 to attract the general video heads too, this not so much.

This xpro3, even below £1K wouldn't interest me in the slightest. I would never use the OVF, I found it really awkward and well, useless tbh, with anything more than a pancake lens on the xpro1. And the way they've done the tilt LCD would also irritate me, I just know that. RF style never interested me to begin with either way. Seems to me like the XT3 sensor in a different body with a new film sim

Agree 100% and I don`t like how the screen flips down and can see some breaking it in time.

Agree 100% and I don`t like how the screen flips down and can see some breaking it in time.

I like to preview my images on the go, especially if I'm using off cam manual flash for macro, and I prefer to do this on the LCD. That's going to get awkward and annoying I imagine

It's a no from me, I am more than happy with the H1 and T3 combo.

Those who likes shooting film and the experience when shooting film should love this.  Use the OVF, never flip the screen down, this is as close the analogue experience in a digital form you can get.  You can’t even muscle reflex to hit the review button to check without flipping the screen down.

A camera that is 100% targeted at the purist and hobbyist, if you are a professional, this X-Pro 1 isn’t really for you.

Despite the name.

About 80% of my photos are on film with rangefinder cameras, so pretty much what the OVF is based on, but I can get on with Fujis hybrid ovf/evf. I had an X100F but sold it because all I used was the evf, plus I preferred the pictures from my XT3.

I love using film and I use it more than digital, but I can't see the appeal of the screen on the X-pro 3. If I'm shooting digital then one of the benefits is being able to see the images quickly and easily. If I don't want to see them then I'd just use film! I could buy a lot of rolls of film with £1700

I love using film and I use it more than digital, but I can't see the appeal of the screen on the X-pro 3. If I'm shooting digital then one of the benefits is being able to see the images quickly and easily. If I don't want to see them then I'd just use film! I could buy a lot of rolls of film with £1700
Snap!
Or buy another film Leica that will appreciate, not depreciate...

Here's the first shot taken with X-T2 and Viltrox 85 out at our local golf course. I added a touch a external flash for a subtle fill-in.

Breia by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-T2 -- Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 -- iso 500 -- @ f/3.6

There's a great advantage in having a really good looking model who is an expert at giving you just the look you want. :D

Last edited:
As much as I LOVE the look, feel and design of the X-Pro 3, I have grown to shoot with the LCD more and more, when high up, low down, close to body etc. It’s nice to have it right there quickly and auto swap between EVF and LCD.

I think I might. But as a companion to an xh2. So perhaps 2021. I'm a huge fan of the x-pro 2, but as a glasses wearer, the evf was just painfully too small for me.
I'll definitely be buying one, the X-Pro 2 is/was my favourite camera of all time, I'll be keeping my X-H1 for sure. I'll have to move on some gear though to help pay for the XP3. Time to hit the classifieds methinks !

Curses, I meant to sell my XP2 before the three was released. Probably won’t make much difference though, it’ll be worth next to nowt by now :/

Curses, I meant to sell my XP2 before the three was released. Probably won’t make much difference though, it’ll be worth next to nowt by now :/

Last sold for £475 on here with a half case and thumb grip! Undervalued definitely but the prices are dropping.

My new 100-400 lens arrived today, so excited to get out over the weekend and give it a good try out. I was looking at used lenses but it's currently cheaper to buy new from John Lewis than used anywhere else!

Imo, the screen should have been hinged like a camcorder screen, with the facility to dock with the screen showing or not.

Appreciate it wouldn't look 'cool' with the screen actually out, but at least the user would have a choice rather than a limitation.

I mean, what's next - remove the tripod mount, because it's for street work not landscapes?

Imo, the screen should have been hinged like a camcorder screen, with the facility to dock with the screen showing or not.

Appreciate it wouldn't look 'cool' with the screen actually out, but at least the user would have a choice rather than a limitation.

I mean, what's next - remove the tripod mount, because it's for street work not landscapes?

There is nothing the XP3 does that I need and doesn’t do that bothers me on either the T3 or H1. But then again I guess it’s not aimed at someone like me. I’m sure it’ll sell regardless.

I think I might. But as a companion to an xh2. So perhaps 2021. I'm a huge fan of the x-pro 2, but as a glasses wearer, the evf was just painfully too small for me.

If the H2 is anything like we all hope it will be that could be a very nice combination indeed. See ya there in a couple years ...

Took the 85 out today and also the new flash to have a practice. I really like this lens. Although I’m seriously missing ibis on the T3. Loads of camera shake. I’m wondering if a couple of years of H1’s and the A7iii are making me forget to hold the camera steady!

Lisa by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Took the 85 outntoday and also the new flash to have a practice. I really like this lens. Although I’m seriously missing ibis on the T3. Loads of camera shake. I’m wondering if a couple of years of H1’s and the A7iii are making me forget to hold the camera steady!

Very cool shot mate

Took the 85 outntoday and also the new flash to have a practice. I really like this lens. Although I’m seriously missing ibis on the T3. Loads of camera shake. I’m wondering if a couple of years of H1’s and the A7iii are making me forget to hold the camera steady!

Nice! looks to be a decent 85mm

I have this worry about IBIS, if I switched to a non IBIS body how much would I miss it? It does limit the options. For example I like the look of the EOS R, but with very limited and mostly expensive native OIS lenses I would mostly be adapting older EF lenses, and mostly primes - without any IS. Would this get the better of me, have I been spoiled by IBIS?

Back