The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Hey guys n' gals I'm SO loving my return to Fuji....simply brilliant. I've never been as inspired here on this thread with everyone pitching in their personal photographs and experiences, fantastic, and extremely inspirational - Thank You!

The "tactile" nature of the Fuji bodies, the fact that a lot of the controls are external, a bit like old school bodies, and the brilliant output have given me back my camera mojo. With my Canon gear I felt I was using because I had to, spent all that money so I'd better use it. Now I just love picking up a camera bag every time we go out. It's a revelation! :fuji:

Barely touched a camera in the last month, been too busy installing a new kitchen!! However I had a 1-2-1 workshop to run last Friday in Liverpool, managed to grab a couple of shots.

191101 Night Bus - Liverpool
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Kitchen should be finished this weekend, so normal service will be resumed!!

Lovely image. Very atmospheric

Such an awful days weather here in Central Scotland, wet/wet and wet!
Thought I'd step out briefly into rear garden with the X-Pro1 and XF56 and discover what's left of our diminishing flowers.
Shot wide open @ f/1.2 -- very shallow focus point.

Subtle

subtle by APM Photography, on Flickr

XP1 | XF56 | F1.2 | 1/1250th | iso 200

Last edited:
I have a project planned which will require me photographing local people within their environment. Does anybody have a basic release form ? I used to have one but it's been years since I did any serious portrait work so could do with one.....

Lake District with Fuji Xe3 + 18-55mm

Kmm00ti.jpg

I have a project planned which will require me photographing local people within their environment. Does anybody have a basic release form ? I used to have one but it's been years since I did any serious portrait work so could do with one.....

Are you sure you need one ?

You probably don't need one unless you're going to show the shots publicly ie for more than your own personal use. It strikes me as your project is pretty much the same as normal street photography.

But if you feel happier getting a release form signed etc, then these can be searched for and downloaded from the internet. Try searching on Google for something like model release forms.

George.

Are you sure you need one ?

You probably don't need one unless you're going to show the shots publicly ie for more than your own personal use. It strikes me as your project is pretty much the same as normal street photography.

But if you feel happier getting a release form signed etc, then these can be searched for and downloaded from the internet. Try searching on Google for something like model release forms.

George.

I intend to have a Facebook page for a start, and if successful, it may be displayed in the annual local arts & crafts fair, hence me having the release.

I have looked online but everything I found is US based.

I intend to have a Facebook page for a start, and if successful, it may be displayed in the annual local arts & crafts fair, hence me having the release.

Pretty sure that if you’re not selling in the US releases are not required.

I've been following a couple of guys on You Tube that do a lot of this style of candid street style snapping and kinda thought I'd give it a go myself. Its not as sharp as I would normally like to get, but sometimes I feel a bit of movement in a snap can help it along a tad. That's my excuse anyhow.:)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at the Tate Modern in London UK of a hand in hand couple striding across one of the floors.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/30th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.

Faceless (19)-03345
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

I wonder if the business section would be a better bet to ask.

I have a release, but it is about 10 years old, and I can’t remember where I got it from I can share it if you’re still struggling.

I've been following a couple of guys on You Tube that do a lot of this style of candid street style snapping and kinda thought I'd give it a go myself. Its not as sharp as I would normally like to get, but sometimes I feel a bit of movement in a snap can help it along a tad. That's my excuse anyhow.:)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at the Tate Modern in London UK of a hand in hand couple striding across one of the floors.

Faceless (19)-03345
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Love this George, I'd love to get into 'Street Photography' myself, it's all about composition and timing......and sometimes quirky angles.

Peter

Faceless (19)-03345
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Great shot. I would love to get into street photography, but too scared as feel I am imposing on people! But I love seeing what others do.

Great shot. I would love to get into street photography, but too scared as feel I am imposing on people! But I love seeing what others do.

It does get easier as you take more.

X-H1 + XF35mm f2 on ES shutter.

Chris by Dave, on Flickr

X-T3 + XF50mm f2, and when she saw me I said I love taking images of beautiful people hence the smile.

She Saw Me by Dave, on Flickr

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

Love this George, I'd love to get into 'Street Photography' myself, it's all about composition and timing......and sometimes quirky angles.

Peter

G.K.Jnr.

Faceless (19)-03345
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Love this George! Great shot and lovely tones

Love this George! Great shot and lovely tones

G.K.Jnr.

Another shot using the CZJ 135mm.

I'm loving the compression of the path into the distance but shot wide open I feel the jury is out on the closest runner being out of focus.
Still chuffed with the performance of the lens though

Autumn runners by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr
Love this shot Stuart, the 135mm compression is fabulous here!

I'm hoping my recently ordered Samyang 135mm f2 will arrive before Friday, I personally love that fixed focal length of a lens.

Peter

Love this shot Stuart, the 135mm compression is fabulous here!

I'm hoping my recently ordered Samyang 135mm f2 will arrive before Friday, I personally love that fixed focal length of a lens.

Peter

Thanks Peter,
I know 135mm on crop is a smidge over 200mm FF equivalent but its still a nice workable focal length and Fuji's focus peaking makes life a doddle.

I look forward to seeing your results with the Samyang. I've always had a soft spot for their lens

Faceless (19)-03345
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Another great shot george, great timing and composition.

Another great shot george, great timing and composition.

G.K.Jnr.

Who are you following on Youtube George?
I quite like the black and white high contrast images using deep shadow and lit areas and would like to do more of it, probable going to have to rely on artificially lit scenes until the summer now though

Has anyone used the K&F adaptors off amazon? Recently picked up another Fuji after a few years and still have a old nikon 50mm to fit,

Has anyone used the K&F adaptors off amazon? Recently picked up another Fuji after a few years and still have a old nikon 50mm to fit,
Nikon to Fuji X should be ok - I have had issues with the M42 to FX though

Back