The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Who are you following on Youtube George?
I quite like the black and white high contrast images using deep shadow and lit areas and would like to do more of it, probable going to have to rely on artificially lit scenes until the summer now though

Gareth Danks does a lot of street stuff like you are describing alongside his landscape work. He uses Fuji gear as well.

Who are you following on Youtube George?
I quite like the black and white high contrast images using deep shadow and lit areas and would like to do more of it, probable going to have to rely on artificially lit scenes until the summer now though

As already said “Gareth Danks” does some good street work, plus three that I follow on Instagram are “Javier Manzano”, “Kai Ziehi”, & “Mark Fearnley”. All well worth a look.

George.

As already said “Gareth Danks” does some good street work, plus three that I follow on Instagram are “Javier Manzano”, “Kai Ziehi”, & “Mark Fearnley”. All well worth a look.

George.
Ooh thanks for these George. I already follow Gareth Danks (love his page, and YouTube), but didn't know of the others :)

Does anyone use Amazon Photos (Prime) for storing their Fuji Raw files.? Any issues? I’ve just started uploading my ‘keeper’ Raws and Photos has failed/refused to upload a couple of them. Nothing wrong with the Raws as they open and edit fine. Just seems a bit odd that it’s only a couple of images.

I must be one of those rare breed who rarely ever saves my RAW files. I see them as just part of the process to get the most info from the original file, but once I'm done processing it gets saved as a Jpeg and that's it done. Unless I was doing a paid gig, then of course I'd keep the RAW files, or if it was a very significant shot I needed to keep. Never used Amazon photos though, so cannot help you either way, just got me thinking

George.
Thanks George for the heads up re Gareth Danks (and others you mention), I found this helpful video of his on Street Photography via YouTube etc, very interesting indeed!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSx1TWuP8T8

Peter

Hope these are worth the price tag as I accidentally ordered one, so has anyone got one and are they worth it.

https://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/accessories/fujifilm-peak-design-slide-lite-camera-strap
Not the Lite but two of the standard Slides in Ash. Absolutely brilliant bits of kit which I use on all my bodies and bino’s. The weight distribution, and frictionless slide to the ready to shoot position, makes carrying and using an X-H1 with the battery grip and a 100-400mm attached effortless and very comfortable. Turn the strap over to the rubber pad side and it stays put and the rapid release buckles makes length adjustment dead easy.

I hadn’t seen the FujiFilm versions before but they look good!

Same here. Had the standard one when had Nikon, but got the lite for fooj. Probably the best straps I`ve ever used.

Does anyone use the F-X8 flash that comes bundled with these cameras? My 2 have sat in the box since I bought the cameras, but for some reason I thought I'd just give them a quick try. I was pleasantly surprised with them to be honest. Obviously they aren't very powerful, but for a little bit of fill in when close to the subject, or some indoor shots they work OK for snaps. I have just left mine attached to the hot shoe now and will treat it like a built in flash on other cameras I have had in the past. Clearly I'll still use the 860II or external flashes for serious stuff, but I just wondered if anyone else had tried these, or if you were like me and dismissed them due to their small size.

Does anyone use the F-X8 flash that comes bundled with these cameras? My 2 have sat in the box since I bought the cameras, but for some reason I thought I'd just give them a quick try. I was pleasantly surprised with them to be honest. Obviously they aren't very powerful, but for a little bit of fill in when close to the subject, or some indoor shots they work OK for snaps. I have just left mine attached to the hot shoe now and will treat it like a built in flash on other cameras I have had in the past. Clearly I'll still use the 860II or external flashes for serious stuff, but I just wondered if anyone else had tried these, or if you were like me and dismissed them due to their small size.

I don`t think I`ve ever taken mine out of the box tbh. I either use the 860, or little rotolight neo. We`re a funny bunch I guess ;)

George.
Thanks George, already follow Gareth on Youtube, Mark Fearnley on instagram. Will check out the other 2

Last edited:
I know there's a lot of you here that do it, but I just can't get in to the "Street" thing. I don't know why, it just doesn't light my fire at all, and that seems strange as many Fujista's are really into it....

Technically they're great images, but I just can't seem to grasp the reason why people do it. Horses for courses I guess....

I know there's a lot of you here that do it, but I just can't get in to the "Street" thing. I don't know why, it just doesn't light my fire at all, and that seems strange as many Fujista's are really into it....

Technically they're great images, but I just can't seem to grasp the reason why people do it. Horses for courses I guess....

I used to do more of it, but was never truly comfortable with it I think. I'm much more into close ups, textures, macro, bit of landscape here and there - I do like street photos when done right [not just any old lame shot from the hip people shot] and some of my own favorite images were 'street' - I also think B&W is the way to go, gives street shots more a timeless feel that I like - but I rarely ever head out with the intention of shooting street - not living in a city is part of it.

Im not a fan of a lot of "street" images - the 2 costa cups a few post above do nothing for me, nor people sitting at a cafe or street singers as examples. They are fine images but just not something I aspire to take or would put on my wall.

Im not a fan of a lot of "street" images - the 2 costa cups a few post above do nothing for me, nor people sitting at a cafe or street singers as examples. They are fine images but just not something I aspire to take or would put on my wall.

Maybe check out Ibarionex Perello's podcast The Candid Frame. There's more than one kind of street photography, for sure.

I used to do more of it, but was never truly comfortable with it I think. I'm much more into close ups, textures, macro, bit of landscape here and there - I do like street photos when done right [not just any old lame shot from the hip people shot] and some of my own favorite images were 'street' - I also think B&W is the way to go, gives street shots more a timeless feel that I like - but I rarely ever head out with the intention of shooting street - not living in a city is part of it.

I have to admit, I don't feel comfortable with it, would love to be good at it, but lacking confidence I guess. I do like architectural aspects of street, but I guess that sliding towards a different subject, Architecture!!

I have to admit, I don't feel comfortable with it, would love to be good at it, but lacking confidence I guess. I do like architectural aspects of street, but I guess that sliding towards a different subject, Architecture!!

Well it does beg the question - 'What is street photography?' - as it can be interpreted in many ways. Architecture could be deemed street, it doesn't have to include people. We have just become accustomed to relating people to street. Where often it is the surroundings that matter just as much. Take a shot of some interesting graffiti for example, no people, just a wall with that graffiti on, we could call it urban or street easily

Last edited:
Back