The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've just acquired a vintage Fujinon EBC 55mm f1.8 lens - probably 1970s, so it's a good 50 years old but in lovely condition. It did require some modification work - notably the fixing of the auto-aperture pin and the removal of a small lug on the outer edge of the aperture rim but now it fits my adaptors and my Zhongyi LT2 perfectly. There's not been an oportunity for much photography this weekend but initial results look very promising:

Fatsia by Andrew R, on Flickr

Smokey Joe by Andrew R, on Flickr

Just took some pictures for my classified ad, and when I put the card back in, I got ”card error” . Took the card out, put it back, took some more shots and it’s fine? Any ideas? Never happened with these cards before (32gb Transcend UHCII)

Just took some pictures for my classified ad, and when I put the card back in, I got ”card error” . Took the card out, put it back, took some more shots and it’s fine? Any ideas? Never happened with these cards before (32gb Transcend UHCII)

Could it have been locked? The little lock tab on the side, these can loosen up over time

A few touristy shots from HK and Shenzhen:

1. Hong Kong island at sunset
HKCentral by Ian, on Flickr

2. Hong Kong from the Peak, pre-dawn
Peak IV by Ian, on Flickr

3. Hong Kong from the peak, dawn-ish
Peak II by Ian, on Flickr

4. Shenzhen CBD lightshow (through two layers of double glazing so no pixel peeping)
SZ Lightshow I by Ian, on Flickr

more to come from Shanghai and Beijing, all being well. Thanks for looking

Last edited:

4. Shenzhen CBD lightshow (through two layers of double glazing so no pixel peeping)

“Excellent” set of landscape type Fujigraphs, nothing more to be said.

George.

Love those captures Ian -- wOw.

So what's Hong Kong like....?....must be a vast size for sure. A place we'd love to visit some day.

Peter

Great set (y)

My recently ordered Samyang 135/2 arrived this morning, waited for the rain to go off as such an awful wet dreadful day!

Samyang 135/2 by APM Photography, on Flickr

First shot with the Sammy 135/2, used an old Holga 120 camera I'd lying about upstairs for subject matter. I'm liking the bokeh.

Holga 120 by APM Photography, on Flickr

XT2 | 135/2 | F5.6 | 1/30th | iso 200

Last edited:
My recently ordered Samyang 135/2 arrived this morning, waited for the rain to go off as such an awful wet dreadful day!

First shot with the Sammy 135/2, used an old Holga 120 camera I'd lying about upstairs for subject matter. I like the bokeh!

Very tasty indeed. I can see this lens getting a lot of exposure!

First shot with the Sammy 135/2, used an old Holga 120 camera I'd lying about upstairs for subject matter. I like the bokeh!

What would a non optical lens be?

I hate Fuji!

I’ve had over the last few years..
x10
x100 x3
x100t
x-pro1
x-e1
x-t1

All have been sold for varying reasons, the last one was the x100t I bought and used once before selling a few months back and the x-t1 I had for quite a while and sold earlier in the year.
Guess what... I want another. Like someone said earlier on, Fuji are like boomerangs.. they always come back.

I can’t decide between another xt1 or and x-e1/2.
Budget is slim and I need a lens as I sold all those too.

XT1 is weather sealed and better on body controls, but is bigger and more expensive
X-e1 is older, the evf and screen aren’t amazing, but its cheap and the sensor is awesome.
X-e2 has a better screen and evf, but is a bit more money.

I think I’ll be starting with a cheap kit lens like the xc16-50 and save up for the 10-24 in time.
I’ll be using the camera for woodland landscapes mostly, so wider the better.

My head hurts deciding what to get. Head says go cheap as possible with X-e1, but heart says spend a touch more for the on body controls and weather sealing of the x-t1.

I hate Fuji!

I’ve had over the last few years..
x10
x100 x3
x100t
x-pro1
x-e1
x-t1

All have been sold for varying reasons, the last one was the x100t I bought and used once before selling a few months back and the x-t1 I had for quite a while and sold earlier in the year.
Guess what... I want another. Like someone said earlier on, Fuji are like boomerangs.. they always come back.

I can’t decide between another xt1 or and x-e1/2.
Budget is slim and I need a lens as I sold all those too.

XT1 is weather sealed and better on body controls, but is bigger and more expensive
X-e1 is older, the evf and screen aren’t amazing, but its cheap and the sensor is awesome.
X-e2 has a better screen and evf, but is a bit more money.

I think I’ll be starting with a cheap kit lens like the xc16-50 and save up for the 10-24 in time.
I’ll be using the camera for woodland landscapes mostly, so wider the better.

My head hurts deciding what to get. Head says go cheap as possible with X-e1, but heart says spend a touch more for the on body controls and weather sealing of the x-t1.
Tom, I appreciate your dilemma, I recently picked up an immaculate/used X-E1 body for £105 (inc p&p), I've heard you can get them for under £100 if you search high and low....as you know it's the same sensor as the X-Pro1.
An X-E2 and X-Pro1 body would be much more money involved as you know.

Aim for a X-E1 body, then add XF lenses as/when you can -- result.

X-E1 stealth by APM Photography, on Flickr

Peter

Last edited:
Well, I did it.. Again..
XE1 body and a 15-45mm lens for under £200 plus 10.5% Cashback.

Ill probably sell the lens and get a Samyang 12mm soon, but the 15-45mm will do for now.

Good result - the X-E1 should perform well with that lens.

Well, I did it.. Again..
XE1 body and a 15-45mm lens for under £200 plus 10.5% Cashback.

Ill probably sell the lens and get a Samyang 12mm soon, but the 15-45mm will do for now.

The 15-45 lens should focus quickly on the E1 - I use the f2 Fujicrons on mine (and the X-Pro1) and the focus is a lot better than with the first gen Fuji lenses. BUT focus peaking isn't that brilliant on the X-E1 so the Samyang could be a bit of a problem. That said, all you need to do with the Samyang is set a relatively small aperture and everything from about 5 feet to infinity is in focus.

The 15-45 lens should focus quickly on the E1 - I use the f2 Fujicrons on mine (and the X-Pro1) and the focus is a lot better than with the first gen Fuji lenses. BUT focus peaking isn't that brilliant on the X-E1 so the Samyang could be a bit of a problem. That said, all you need to do with the Samyang is set a relatively small aperture and everything from about 5 feet to infinity is in focus.

Yeah I know, had the samyang 12mm on my xt1. Cracking little lens, but does take precision. Not as hard to focus as the 85mm f/1.4 on full frame though!!

Back