The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My Graphite X-Pro2 and 23mm are the b*****ks, the look is worth the extra ££££££..... the battery is charged but...... need to pick up a couple of cards tomorrow. Doh!!!

My Graphite X-Pro2 and 23mm are the b*****ks, the look is worth the extra ££££££..... the battery is charged but...... need to pick up a couple of cards tomorrow. Doh!!!
Mine is just the black version, but I have the 23 1.4 on there now and am loving the combo. :)

@rick448 .... I made the push due to the £530 cash back. It’s such a small package combo....:D

I’m finding it quite hard to resist an Xt3 at the minute. Less than a grand after cashback and a free battery grip as well, which I could flog to make the deal even sweeter.
Nowt wrong with my XT2 of course, does the job just fine, but it’s gadget lust innit? (Plus booze and too much food.) WEX have just had the cheek to email me Fuji deals as well. After the money they had off me last year as well.... :p
Get the XT3 love mine dont rely on selling the grip though to finance it, pretty much every XT3 since march has been offered wit a free grip, there are hundreds out there for sale quite often at daft prices when every one knows they were free.

Get it bought, share the guilt :D
You need to get it 100% (y)

You’re not helping. :p

Tbh, I think the 10-24 might be the next bit of Fuji loveliness bought.

Santa very kindly sent me a new camera bag. Lowepro Flipside Trek. My old bag was annoying as it was difficult to get camera stuff and food in. This has separate bits for both so hopefully much more useful.

Now that Christmas is done it is time to think about buying lenses in the sales - in my case a 55-200! I have a “£100” voucher that Fuji emailed out, which looks like it can be used with the £90 cash back. Has anyone had a successful cash back claim having used the voucher?

I see Park Camera have also got a good offer on today, but I have never used them and think I would prefer to go into my local beach of LCE/WEX and walk out with the lens.

@Craikeybaby ... I’m looking at doing the exact same thing for the exact same lens.

Now that Christmas is done it is time to think about buying lenses in the sales - in my case a 55-200! I have a “£100” voucher that Fuji emailed out, which looks like it can be used with the £90 cash back. Has anyone had a successful cash back claim having used the voucher?

I see Park Camera have also got a good offer on today, but I have never used them and think I would prefer to go into my local beach of LCE/WEX and walk out with the lens.
Park are fine, Use the shop in London often price matching bricks and mortar stores elsewhere. There warehouse has a big showroom attached down near brighton and have popped in when passing

Been to Park Cameras in Burgess Hill many times over the years, great shop and staff are great and will spend time with you too.

Thanks, I wish LCE showed stock in shops - if they have a lens in Leamington I could have it tomorrow, but the Park deal is only available today.

Argh first stumbling block - I thought I would download the free trial of Capture One just to have a little play. But do I download the Capture One Pro or Capture One Fujifilm?

Also next question - I was ordering the Fuji X Secrets by Rico Pfirstinger as recommended, but saw there is a new one Fujifilm X-T3: 120 X-Pert Tips. Any recommendations which one to buy?

My birthday NYE, so I feel for you! Did you always get the ol' "that thing I got you for Christmas, er, that was for your birthday too!" :D

Indeed, especially if I wanted something like a bike as a kid....

But the great thing about being born on Christmas day is that I always spend the day with friends & family, surrounded by decent food. Oh, and I never have to work on my Birthday either...

Argh first stumbling block - I thought I would download the free trial of Capture One just to have a little play. But do I download the Capture One Pro or Capture One Fujifilm?

Also next question - I was ordering the Fuji X Secrets by Rico Pfirstinger as recommended, but saw there is a new one Fujifilm X-T3: 120 X-Pert Tips. Any recommendations which one to buy?

On the book get Fuji X Secrets by Rico as it`s the best one, and on C1 get C1 Pro. C1 Pro has a hell of a lot of cameras that it will work with and Fuji X is just some of them.

On the book get Fuji X Secrets by Rico as it`s the best one, and on C1 get C1 Pro. C1 Pro has a hell of a lot of cameras that it will work with and Fuji X is just some of them.

100%, I'll be reading this in fully once I et back to work :)

Donna, the FujiFilm version is slightly crippled with respect to features and also only works with Fuji RAWs. However, it is not a time limited trial.
If you install the trial, I think you get 30 days fully featured before you need to pay for it. At least, that's how it used to work with 1.12.
I just looked at 1.20 and it seems to have gone subscription (and more expensive than LR/PS !!! )

Thanks, I will download the Pro as suggested.
I am not doubting re the Fuji X Secrets but :exit:... the other one looks brand new and paperback not released until 10 Jan (but the kindle version is available). I was committed to buying the Secrets one but still in a quandary as this one is dedicated just to the X-T3. :thinking:

Thanks, I will download the Pro as suggested.
I am not doubting re the Fuji X Secrets but :exit:... the other one looks brand new and paperback not released until 10 Jan (but the kindle version is available). I was committed to buying the Secrets one but still in a quandary as this one is dedicated just to the X-T3. :thinking:

If you will only ever own and have your X-T3 then get just that book, but if you got another Fuji then the other would be better (y)

Donna, the FujiFilm version is slightly crippled with respect to features and also only works with Fuji RAWs. However, it is not a time limited trial.
If you install the trial, I think you get 30 days fully featured before you need to pay for it. At least, that's how it used to work with 1.12.
I just looked at 1.20 and it seems to have gone subscription (and more expensive than LR/PS !!! )

Erm so what does Fujifilm Capture One not have that Capture One Pro does??
The Fuji Film Express version is cut down with no Sessions, Layers amongst other things
As far as Im aware the Paid For Fuji version's only restriction is that it will only allow Fuji files to be worked. Its half the price as a result and can be upgraded for similar cost if ever required.
The latest version is style available as a perpetual license. The subscription gives free upgrades to new versions where as the perpetual license only has updates until the next version is released. The subscritption is the cost of the perpetual licence paid monthly.

Erm so what does Fujifilm Capture One not have that Capture One Pro does??
The Fuji Film Express version is cut down with no Sessions, Layers amongst other things
As far as Im aware the Paid For Fuji version's only restriction is that it will only allow Fuji files to be worked. Its half the price as a result and can be upgraded for similar cost if ever required.
The latest version is style available as a perpetual license. The subscription gives free upgrades to new versions where as the perpetual license only has updates until the next version is released. The subscritption is the cost of the perpetual licence paid monthly.
Yeah, layers etc. But you're right, it's the Fuji Express version missing them, not the Fuji paid version, My Bad - I'd forgotten it was paid vs free for the restrictions.
I couldn't get on with the excuse for DAM in C1, so didn't bother with more than the free version.

I think I'll stick with LR and wind the sharpening down from the ridiculous 40% default setting. :)

40% sharpening is fine, as long as you use the sharpening mask tool. I can run greater than 40% but my mask will often be over 80.

Can you not set up an import preset to remove the default sharpening setting?

Back