The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I bought the lithium battery version, it recycles pretty quickly. :)

The reviews mentioned the lithium version. Is that the same size or smidgen bigger. Just want to pair with a X-T20 and not be overly heavy and large.

The reviews mentioned the lithium version. Is that the same size or smidgen bigger. Just want to pair with a X-T20 and not be overly heavy and large.
Not sure as I haven't seen the AA version, ether way it isn't big, the XP2 is pretty small and it is fine on that. I'm sure there will be comparison reviews about. I'd recommend it over anything bigger, or the i40 which I previously had.

I did some reading up on this smaller Godox 350 flash. It all seemed positive except for cycle times? I understand it runs on AA batteries and therefore doesn’t have the power to recycle as quick (2/3 seconds) but has that been a hindrance for any shoots? The main use would be birthday parties and candid portrait shots when indoor lighting isn’t great.

I have the little TTL350 and it`s quick even using my rechargeable AA batteries, but if I want more then will use the 685.

Apparently the latest rumor is that the Fuji XT3 replacement will be released early this year. If true, it's a bit surprising from Fuji to do so.

Heads up, if anyone fancies doing a deal with their XF18mm lens against my as new/immaculate/boxed XF27mm lens please let me know.
Think I would use a XF18mm lens length more so than my XF27mm. Thanks

Cheers;
Peter

Last edited:
https://www.fujirumors.com/breaking...ng-in-march-early-spring-2020-trusted-source/

Seems a bit sudden, the T3 only being out over a year. It very likely signals the death of the H1 line [if true], I'd imagine it's some kind of cross-breed. It'll most likey have IBIS, meaning a chunkier body, but more in the styling of a T3 than H1.
I can't imagine Fuji bringing out a new sensor that quickly after just releasing the X-PRO3.

I just hope that Fuji isn't going to do what Sony does, new body for every new update, big or small

https://www.fujirumors.com/breaking...ng-in-march-early-spring-2020-trusted-source/

Seems a bit sudden, the T3 only being out over a year. It very likely signals the death of the H1 line [if true], I'd imagine it's some kind of cross-breed. It'll most likey have IBIS, meaning a chunkier body, but more in the styling of a T3 than H1.

Bad news if true. Imo fuji need to slow down with the release cycles.

Although I actually expect the next camera to be the x100f replacement

Bad news if true. Imo fuji need to slow down with the release cycles.

Although I actually expect the next camera to be the x100f replacement

Would be only amusing to me if it's called the x100U, but they'll be boring and go with V

If it has IBIS I'm all over this

IMO I think Fuji need to slow down a bit as the T3 has not really been out too long. I think one will be a New replacement for the X100F, and as they said NO to the H2 the other might be a T3s or T4 with IBIS.

Might be trying to leap-frog Sony's inevitable A7IV, maybe slowing down in what is an aggressive market isn't best for them. The Canikons are getting whoooped by Sony, or so it seems.

There's plenty out there still happily using the X-T1/E1 bodies, but that's not making Fuji any money, especially if those users are mostly buying used lenses on side. Apart from those who just really want IBIS but not a larger body like the H1, they're aiming primarily at the modern gen panic up-graders who really must have the latest

Last edited:
I am keeping an eye on used prices, I can't afford the new route. With the introduction of newer models, older stuff will become more affordable.
I keep looking on the usual sites at bodies and lenses, seen nothing to tempt me yet.

I’d be disappointed if Fuji made the X-Tx bodies bigger, the compact size for a dual card slot/WR body was what really pulled me to Fuji.

I am keeping an eye on used prices, I can't afford the new route. With the introduction of newer models, older stuff will become more affordable.
I keep looking on the usual sites at bodies and lenses, seen nothing to tempt me yet.
MPB’s buying valuations for fuji are through the floor

I've got a pair of T2's that hardly get used but I can't (read won't) sell them for the current used value, I'd rather keep hold of them. £450 used for what is essentially an excellent camera. If this is a new T4, T3 prices will also drop like a stone.

T3 prices have already dropped. I was offered £700 last week, that’s now dropped to £640

Shot this quite a few years ago at my local Race Track (Knockhill), such a beautiful (expensive) Italian machine;

Racing Ducati by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-Pro1 -- XF35/1.4
Great shot of a lovely bike, I nearly bought a Panegale but in the end settled for an S1000R. I like the way it stands out from the background here :)

I did see a body on MPB that I liked the sound of, low use and described as Excellent and at a reasonable price. By the time I found a lens to go with it, the camera was no longer available. The next bodies in the list were described as "Good with signs of heavy use, wear to rubber and scratches", so I did not bother with the next in the list. That reminds me, time to go and have another look. :)

After using the X-T20 for the last few days I'm tempted to get another X-T1. The reason I sold my T1 originally was because of the way it rendered grass and rocks etc (Wormerly effect) but now using Capture 1 I'm happy with the files. Wish I'd kept the T1 now. Looking at ebay prices they can be picked up VERY cheaply at the moment.

I think some folk want/need the best Fuji if they are earning a living or making money from a new camera, but for the likes of me I`m chuffed with my X cameras and don`t want more or even a better one now as mine do just what I want and need.
I agree, I am more than happy with mine, and to be honest I could pretty much manage with any one of them. I certainly won't be buying the next iteration of any of them, but may upgrade when I feel there is something that performs much better rather than what seem like small incremental upgrades. I guess choice is a good thing, and I don'tr worry about the value of my gear as I pretty much right that off once purchased.

I dropped out of this some time ago - I bought an X-T2 secondhand for £800 and thought I'd done well - that was until I came to sell a year later. Now I have a 'set' of immaculate under-used X-Trans 1 & 2 cameras and they're just fine - they cost me peanuts, work extremely well and are really more capable than I will ever be. I've no desire to chase the latest and greatest.

I do have a decent DSLR and a reasonable 1 inch sensor compact, but they are not enjoyable to use. I do have a very old Fuji X10 that I found very enjoyable to use, and I really liked the images it produced. My Fuji X10 no longer turns on, so I am looking for something to replace it with.

I agree, I am more than happy with mine, and to be honest I could pretty much manage with any one of them. I certainly won't be buying the next iteration of any of them, but may upgrade when I feel there is something that performs much better rather than what seem like small incremental upgrades. I guess choice is a good thing, and I don'tr worry about the value of my gear as I pretty much right that off once purchased.

^ This.

I decided to skip the XT3 and buy an XT2 at bargain price. Near enough the same performance and 500 quid saved. I might be tempted if the XT4 has IBIS and keeps the compact size of the XT‘s but it’ll still be bought later in it‘s lifecycle - you can save a lot of cash by staying a generation behind. There’s nothing lacking with my XT2 other than the clown operating it. :p

If the T4 has ibis I would be interested, but I already know I can't afford whatever they'll initially charge for it. Happy enough with the H1, I think if I was to switch to anything else it'll be FF, as I don't see anything in apsc currently beating the H1 for my needs.

I'd swap my T2 for a H1 these days if I could be bothered with the hassle

If the T4 has ibis I would be interested, but I already know I can't afford whatever they'll initially charge for it. Happy enough with the H1, I think if I was to switch to anything else it'll be FF, as I don't see anything in apsc currently beating the H1 for my needs.

I'd swap my T2 for a H1 these days if I could be bothered with the hassle

I've just done this (buying from a TP forum member), I bought X-H1+Grip with two extra batteries, sold the grip and my X-T2 (less than £400!!!) and the upgrade to the X-H1 + 2 x S batteries stands me at £200, IMO well worth it just for IBIS and the higher res EVF alone.

Two many people on this thread are looking at the value of their cameras rather than the cost of change. As I've said before, the cost of change X-T2 -> X-T3 is pretty much what it was on the day of X-T3 release, and other 'upgrades' X-T1 -> X-T2 or X-T2 -> X-H1 are considerable less than they would have been on day of release. There is some great gear out there at great prices, just decide what you want and buy it!!!

I haven't used the H1 in a while, how's the face detection these days? The rest I'm confident about
I've just done this (buying from a TP forum member), I bought X-H1+Grip with two extra batteries, sold the grip and my X-T2 (less than £400!!!) and the upgrade to the X-H1 + 2 x S batteries stands me at £200, IMO well worth it just for IBIS and the higher res EVF alone.

Two many people on this thread are looking at the value of their cameras rather than the cost of change. As I've said before, the cost of change X-T2 -> X-T3 is pretty much what it was on the day of X-T3 release, and other 'upgrades' X-T1 -> X-T2 or X-T2 -> X-H1 are considerable less than they would have been on day of release. There is some great gear out there at great prices, just decide what you want and buy it!!!

I haven't used the H1 in a while, how's the face detection these days? The rest I'm confident about

It's not great tbh, but I never actually use it, just tested it briefly after updating the FW. It'll latch onto backgrounds, finding mysterious 'faces' in trees or rocks now and then, can be a bit creepy :D

When I decide to trade I look to the value difference between my gear, and the current [mostly used] average of the gear I'm after. I never expect to get what I paid, well - depending how long I've owned and used the gear

Back