The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

think more people are buying H1 now than ever before because the prices have shot down, especially used.

Just what I did, I fancied one, and today I got a 90mm f2 courtesy of @StewartR at Lenses For Hire to try out. Absolutely loving the 'futuristic' feel of the X-H1 and the 90mm f2 is amazing.

DSCF0291 by Gilbo B, on Flickr

Just what I did, I fancied one, and today I got a 90mm f2 courtesy of @StewartR at Lenses For Hire to try out. Absolutely loving the 'futuristic' feel of the X-H1 and the 90mm f2 is amazing.

Great image and a equally great lens, two of my most favourite Fuji lenses lenses... the 56mm f1.2 and 90mm f2.0.
I am so tempted to get the X-H1 as the price point is good value at the moment.

For some maybe, but mostly it was the high release price [why it didn't fare well upon release]. I think more people are buying H1 now than ever before because the prices have shot down, especially used. For me it's the perfect size, I like a good solid grip, I like to feel like I have good and proper gear in my hands. I don't like cameras that are too small. I handled an A6400 the other day for example, felt terrible in hand, like a compact. It's got no decent grip, felt crampy and uncomfortabe [at least for me] - it's the reason I didn't hang onto the X100s - and that was just as a side camera, I just couldn't get on with the small size. I certainly wouldn't want my main camera that teensy, they feel even worse when you attach larger lenses. The H1 is not big when compared to he average APSC dslr it looks small in that case. it's about on par with other ML bodies like the EOS R and Nikon Z, yes they are FF but that doesn't really have a lot to do with it not to me at least. I'd still mostly be using the same [size] primes.

It's really not. without any form of post processing there wouldn't be any photography to begin with.

You don't see the point, fine, but don't criticise and insult people who do use it. It's an odd thing to do.

Last edited:
Or get a Fringer pro adapter and Canon 200mm 2.8 for about £600
I've seen some amazing results from @NewBeetle with the Canon 200mm on the A7iii. Might consider the Fringer adapter as my friend has also offered to lend me his EF glass to try out

The 90mm is a very special piece of glass, especially wide open, the colour rendition is just amazing. Even though I don't use mine that much, it would be a struggle to get rid of it!

I still have the 56mm f1.2 and did have at one time the 50-140mm and 90mm, ages ago I made a mistake and got rid of the 56mm so got it again and will keep. But then I had to let my 90mm go, and doubt if I will get another one but when I did have it I thought of all my lenses that were the best in the Fuji line up the 90mm is imo the best one 100% total fantastic bit of glass.

If I go Fuji again, both the 56mm f1.2 and 90mm f2.0 will be my first lenses. They are great optically.
However still considering X100V route.

Last edited:
If I go Fuji again, both the 56mm f1.2 and 90mm f2.0 will be my first lenses. They are great optically.
However still considering X100V route.

When I start my jazz shots up again I will use the 56mm as in some pubs it works just great a long side of my other lenses.

You don't see the point, fine, but don't criticise and insult people who do use it. It's an odd thing to do.

There's not ONE single hint of an insult in any of my posts, unless you imagine gear has feelings? in fact your posts is more insulting to me than anything I've posted here. Your arguments are almost always pointless and you seem to just make them up in your head - I didn't "criticise and insult" anyone, I stated what I deem to be fact. People are relying too much on these gimmicks. If you believe I did insult anyone feel free to report and see if anyone agrees, otherwise just move on. Also look up 'in my opinion' and remember this rule applies every time I post. It'll save you some time.

Last edited:
Stick to over priced phones if that is all you are really worried about. Some of the current over priced phones do eye AF and all that useless crap pretty good now surely?

Honestly, reading the Sony thread sometimes - on all this eye-AF and animal eye AF is cringey. I'm thinking are this lot photographers or tourists?? When did this actually become a necessity? I know your post was semi jest, but it's true, many actually depend on these features now, I wonder if they also use beautify filters for their selfies.

You were talking about the Sony thread and its users though werent you? Insulting far better successful photographers in that thread than you are, because they use supposed gimmicks IYO like eye AF as a crutch, that they are 'tourists' and use beauty filters like amateurs would. Why dont you just say, you dont think Eye AF is very useful for your photography, instead of the rest of the BS you posted.

Last edited:
You were talking about the Sony thread and its users though werent you? Insulting far better successful photographers in that thread than you are, because they use supposed gimmicks IYO like eye AF as a crutch, that they are 'tourists' and use beauty filters like amateurs would. Why dont you just say, you dont think Eye AF is very useful for your photography, instead of the rest of the BS you posted.

Because it IS a gimmick and people DO act like tourists when they start saying they NEED gimmicks like eye AF. What are you not getting here? that IS how I see it, I don't really give a monkey's what YOU feel about what I posted. Didn't know you were the spokesperson for the SOny thread, is every mention of it your concern? Maybe just go back there with your mindless old man arguments [that endlessly go around in circles without any real relevance]. Slating a camera function or feature isn't insulting to anyone, and not aiming it specifically at any individuals is not being critical or insulting to anyone in particular either. Mountain, molehill as per usual with you, must be tough being that sensitive

Last edited:
Because it IS a gimmick and people DO act like tourists when they start saying they NEED gimmicks like eye AF. What are you not getting here? that IS how I see it, I don't really give a monkey's what YOU feel about what I posted. Didn't know you were the spokesperson for the SOny thread, is every mention of it your concern? Maybe just go back there with your mindless old man arguments. You stir useless crap in here every time you enter

That is how you see it, then say that is how you see it. Dont add the rest of your BS about other threads, you love to bring up the Sony thread for some reason, its really odd. You stir useless crap wherever you are. How many times you had holidays from this forum?

Last edited:
Thought I`d just say this was taken with the Fuji X-E3 + XF18mm f2 in the Fuji thread, if folk would like to talk about other cameras then it might be best to talk in that said thread... Just saying (y) PS This is the FUJI thread NOT Sony :)

Fosters by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
That is how you see it, then say that is how you see it. Dont add the rest of your BS about other users in other threads, you love to bring up the Sony thread for some reason, its really odd.

I'll say it anyway I please. Did I not just say I don't give a monkey's what you think? repeating yourself isn't changing that. The Sony thread is like a running joke most of the time, a few of you venture outside of it here and there to try wind people up in the other threads and barely a couple posts go by without you mentioning Sony. I only mentioned Sony because it is very much indeed Sony users who bang on about eye-AF as if it's a Godsend. Getting p***y about it is laughable

Thought I`d just say this was taken with the Fuji X-E3 + XF18mm f2 in the Fuji thread, if folk would like to talk about other cameras then it might be best to talk in that that thread... Just saying (y) PS This is the FUJI thread NOT Sony :)

Fosters by Dave, on Flickr

How is that lens going for you? I gets a pretty bad rep in general but the people who use it long term tend to love it

I'll say it anyway I please. Did I not just say I don't give a monkey's what you think? repeating yourself isn't changing that. The Sony thread is like a running joke most of the time, a few of you venture outside of it here and there to try wind people up in the other threads and barely a couple posts go by without you mentioning Sony. I only mentioned Sony because it is very much indeed Sony users who bang on about eye-AF as if it's a Godsend. Getting p***y about it is laughable

Your posts are like a running joke, all the time. Maybe thats because its a useful feature and not a gimmick and nobody else does it as well which clearly upsets you, and thats laughable.

How is that lens going for you? I gets a pretty bad rep in general but the people who use it long term tend to love it

It is actually a lot better than I thought so will be keeping it to use on the X-E3 more now, wide open it can be a bit soft on the edges but stop down to about f5.6 and it`s very sharp.

Your posts are like a running joke, all the time. Maybe thats because its a useful feature and not a gimmick and nobody else does it as well which clearly upsets you, and thats laughable.

And yet here you are, following me about clinging on to them :ROFLMAO: it was actually Riz who first mentioned Sony's eye AF, not I.

Back to Fuji .... my posts beforehand were about the XH1, which has Face detect that's about as useful as a chocolate teapot - doesn't bother me in the slightest :D

It is actually a lot better than I thought so will be keeping it to use on the X-E3 more now, wide open it can be a bit soft on the edges but stop down to about f5.6 and it`s very sharp.

It seems an ideal lens for the smaller bodies, perfect for travel. I never owned it but I did have the 27mm 2.8. Using that I always felt I wanted something wider and faster. 18F2 would be nice for those not wanting to plump for the likes of a 16 1.4, it would be sweeter if it was sharper wide open though. Same with the 23 F2

And yet here you are, following me about clinging on to them :ROFLMAO: it was actually Riz who first mentioned Sony's eye AF, not I.

Back to Fuji .... my posts beforehand were about the XH1, which has Face detect that's about as useful as a chocolate teapot - doesn't bother me in the slightest :D

Following you? More like tripping over them :ROFLMAO:

@Riz_Guru is a real little stirrer, invading the Nikon and fuji thread :p

Full X100v spec is here

View: https://mobile.BANNED/nokis***a_c/status/1222594108201455618

Hes a simple lad, easily swayed. When you buy your A7rii :LOL:

Looking like never at this stage, prices dropping too low for me to want to bother selling the H1 - maybe I'll just hang on and save for an XT4

@Cagey75 , @twist.... Gents give it a rest please, or get a room. Many of us frequent this thread because it's not full of this s***e.

That is all.....

You're a bit late, so how about you stop re-hashing it? We've moved on, if you want to play the goody two shoes ref get in sooner or get over it. Your post right there is no better than any of ours, maybe read on to the conclusions in future. It's very easy skip over posts that annoy - I do it all the time.

Last edited:
One from a recent trip to Rome using the T2 and 35/1.4. I absolutely love using prime lenses, I find the restriction on focal length makes me much more creative with compositions.

View attachment 267202

Cracking shot Carl, love the shadow and silhouette of the person.

Wondering if it's a real person or clever graffiti? something about the side profile looks more like artwork than a real person - either way it's a cool image, like it.

Wondering if it's a real person or clever graffiti? something about the side profile looks more like artwork than a real person - either way it's a cool image, like it.

Agree if it is a person then good, but still good if graffiti as like you say it does not look like a real person.

Sure looks like small improvements is key area’s, to be fair the X100F is pretty good camera as it is.
Let’s wait for the announcements & reviews and more importantly the price... will it remain around the £1000 mark or will it be closer to £1500?
And will it still be made in Japan. :)

Yeah some nice little updates i guess. an extra stop with the nd is nice. WR would be nice. I'm guessing £1200 based on a number im pulling out of thin air. not long to wait.

Cheers guys! It's a real person. I waited there for a little while and took photos of a few different people that came past. Most of them didn't work (couples, people on phones, bulky clothing, hats, etc) but this guy walked past and had the perfect shaped silhouette!

Back