The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have been considering P/X'ing both my T2's for a single H1. That would give me the best of both worlds seeing as I already have the T3. I have one T2 with the L bracket plus my T3 in my bag these days. The other T2 is just sitting in a draw....

I have been considering P/X'ing both my T2's for a single H1. That would give me the best of both worlds seeing as I already have the T3. I have one T2 with the L bracket plus my T3 in my bag these days. The other T2 is just sitting in a draw....

Steve, the problem is that T2's are falling through the floor with respect to trade in values, I sold my privately when I moved to a H1, (and got £375 for it!!!). You can currently buy a s/h T2 from someone like Cambrian Photo for £519 (inc warranty) and at the moment they have a 15% off 'used' code January2020 making it £441. You are not going to get good money trading in a T2 especially as the T4 is round the corner, meaning that there is likely to be a surge of traded in T3's when the T4 is announced.

That said they also have an X-H1 for £689 (less the offer code makes it £585 which is a bit of a steal, so if you sold both the X-T2's privately (£375 each, you would be nearly £200 up, leaves a bit of money to get an L bracket for the X-H1 and leaves a bit over)

Fuji bodies are just depreciating like a stone, and thats just the way its going to be, its the cost of change that people need to look at.

Steve, the problem is that T2's are falling through the floor with respect to trade in values, I sold my privately when I moved to a H1, (and got £375 for it!!!). You can currently buy a s/h T2 from someone like Cambrian Photo for £519 (inc warranty) and at the moment they have a 15% off 'used' code January2020 making it £441. You are not going to get good money trading in a T2 especially as the T4 is round the corner, meaning that there is likely to be a surge of traded in T3's when the T4 is announced.

That said they also have an X-H1 for £689 (less the offer code makes it £585 which is a bit of a steal, so if you sold both the X-T2's privately (£375 each, you would be nearly £200 up, leaves a bit of money to get an L bracket for the X-H1 and leaves a bit over)

Fuji bodies are just depreciating like a stone, and thats just the way its going to be, its the cost of change that people need to look at.

I know, it just hurts/annoys me that such a good camera (that cost me quite a few quid) now sells so cheaply. I am having serious reservations about any further investment in X series gear. I think, when it comes to it, it will be either a GF-X 50, or maybe a Z7 (did I really say that???)

I know, it just hurts/annoys me that such a good camera (that cost me quite a few quid) now sells so cheaply. I am having serious reservations about any further investment in X series gear. I think, when it comes to it, it will be either a GF-X 50, or maybe a Z7 (did I really say that???)

I think its a case of buying at the right time, when offers are on, etc when it comes to bodies, the glass seems to drop then reach a level. But as I've said before its the cost of change that needs to be considered rather than the outright value of something.

GFX-50S is starting to fall, bodies s/h have been under 3K, and at that price some people are getting into MF, the glass though good is eye wateringly expensive, and the GFX50S is quite a bulky ponderous beast, and certainly isn't fast (AF)

I think its a case of buying at the right time, when offers are on, etc when it comes to bodies, the glass seems to drop then reach a level. But as I've said before its the cost of change that needs to be considered rather than the outright value of something.

GFX-50S is starting to fall, bodies s/h have been under 3K, and at that price some people are getting into MF, the glass though good is eye wateringly expensive, and the GFX50S is quite a bulky ponderous beast, and certainly isn't fast (AF)

Yeah, don't ever buy the latest fuji unless you want to lose lots of money, better off waiting a few months, model revisions/crossovers are so close together that having the latest is costly. Xt2 are pretty much worthless and xt3 will drop very soon. Great for anyone buying used.

Yeah, don't ever buy the latest fuji unless you want to lose lots of money, better off waiting a few months, model revisions/crossovers are so close together that having the latest is costly. Xt2 are pretty much worthless and xt3 will drop very soon. Great for anyone buying used.

This actually applies to most mirrorless cameras.......

It applies to most cameras that aren't sought after. Fujis release cycles, overlap and constant heavy discounting is devaluing their products though, and they do seem to stand out the most at the moment. Sony was really bad for this a few years ago.

Little bit late to the party with this snap as it was taken just before Christmas.

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at the Piccadilly Arcade London UK.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/50th @ F4.5, ISO-640, Handheld.

Piccadilly Arcade-03371
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Because the technology is "relatively" new, it changes and improves quite quickly compared to the traditional DSLR. I do appreciate that, but with me not currently working, I can no longer just go and buy a new body because I want it!!! (or so I've been told :sneaky: )

Little bit late to the party with this snap as it was taken just before Christmas.

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at the Piccadilly Arcade London UK.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/50th @ F4.5, ISO-640, Handheld.

Piccadilly Arcade-03371
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Lovely image. My first job after leaving school was there. Working for the Piccadilly photo centre delivering Hasselblad's to studios all over London by bus. Loved that job, and it sparked my interest in photography

Mmmmmm interesting........ :)
Hopefully the X100V brings something new.....
Tilting LCD
Better EVF
23mm f2.0 WR OIS lens
Touch-screen
New sensor and CPU
Full titanium body with weather sealing

Dreamer!!! Be really surprised if there is WR or OIS, losing the D-Pad would be bad, as the multiple function buttons on the F are great. Almost certainly we will get the X-T3 sensor, but CPU maybe not as the smaller body makes it harder to handle the heat.

Dreamer!!! Be really surprised if there is WR or OIS, losing the D-Pad would be bad, as the multiple function buttons on the F are great. Almost certainly we will get the X-T3 sensor, but CPU maybe not as the smaller body makes it harder to handle the heat.

Yeap, absolutely bonkers to remove the buttons that can be customised. Design an analogue looking camera that needs more menu diving. :clap:

Because the technology is "relatively" new, it changes and improves quite quickly compared to the traditional DSLR. I do appreciate that, but with me not currently working, I can no longer just go and buy a new body because I want it!!! (or so I've been told :sneaky: )

I don't get this at all with Fuji, they have always prided themselves on the external control knobs and buttons, now they're removing some and asking users to use a touch screen more ... so much for that analogue experience.

I wonder if they pulled this on the X-T4 how many will lose interest?

Lovely image. My first job after leaving school was there. Working for the Piccadilly photo centre delivering Hasselblad's to studios all over London by bus. Loved that job, and it sparked my interest in photography

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

Will it match the Sony’s Eye-AF though mmmm?
I’m just building up my list of Fujinon prime lenses to buy :eek: lol

Stick to over priced phones if that is all you are really worried about. Some of the current over priced phones do eye AF and all that useless crap pretty good now surely?

Honestly, reading the Sony thread sometimes - on all this eye-AF and animal eye AF is cringey. I'm thinking are this lot photographers or tourists?? When did this actually become a necessity? I know your post was semi jest, but it's true, many actually depend on these features now, I wonder if they also use beautify filters for their selfies.

Last edited:
Doing the update now,cheers.:)

XT-3,not really got time to try & compare any difference.

I've just completed the update and all good. The eye AF appears to be excellent. I would be interested to hear from SonyA3 users if it's similar to Sonys which gets a lot of good reports.

Will it match the Sony’s Eye-AF though mmmm?
I’m just building up my list of Fujinon prime lenses to buy :eek: lol
Doubt it but you never know. I’ve been working hard with Fuji files in LR and I think I may have cracked how to eliminate the artificial look in certain photos (not worms or painterly which have long gone). I think LR’s texture slider is the key. If I can get it to work across the board I might be willing to give xtrans another go.

Doubt it but you never know. I’ve been working hard with Fuji files in LR and I think I may have cracked how to eliminate the artificial look in certain photos (not worms or painterly which have long gone). I think LR’s texture slider is the key. If I can get it to work across the board I might be willing to give xtrans another go.

I love the texture slider, but it can increase noise. Maybe if I exposed my images better, that wouldn't be an issue :LOL::LOL:

Stick to over priced phones if that is all you are really worried about. Some of the current over priced phones do eye AF and all that useless crap pretty good now surely?

Honestly, reading the Sony thread sometimes - on all this eye-AF and animal eye AF is cringey. I'm thinking are this lot photographers or tourists?? When did this actually become a necessity? I know your post was semi jest, but it's true, many actually depend on these features now, I wonder if they also use beautify filters for their selfies.
I kind of agree with you tbh, a lot of it is to do with marketing etc. and we then become insistent that every other camera should have a certain feature before we even consider it.
I do find Eye-AF useful when it comes to my fast moving kids but equally I am considering Fuji for many other reasons too.....
I have touted the advanced Sony A9 features a lot but when it comes to real-world use... I never needed 20fps, silent shooting, black-out free EVF or Eye-AF etc... they are just nice to have. :)
The Fuji X-H1 at £889 seems such a good value proposition at the moment that I am seriously considering it, however also interested to see what the Fuji X100V and XT-4 bring to the table.
I assume Capture One is still the best way to edit Fuji RAW files?

Please let us know how you get on :)

I do find Eye-AF useful when it comes to my fast moving kids but equally I am considering Fuji for many other reasons too.....
I have touted the advanced Sony A9 features a lot but when it comes to real-world use... I never needed 20fps, silent shooting, black-out free EVF or Eye-AF etc... they are just nice to have. :)

Silent shutter is great when I'm shooting birds in the garden, sometimes they are only a couple of feet away, behind me in the trees, so the silent shutter is really useful.

Sometimes my T3 detects a face when I'm focussing on the eye of a bird in the garden, not sure if that's useful or not....

Back