The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I was out walking the dog in the dark yesterday morning and saw a hint of pink... Yep, I dashed home, grabbed the camera and headed to the beach!
X-T3 + 16-80 ISO160 F11
View attachment 269227View attachment 269228

Ace. Mega colours and light. Liking the foreground in the first with the water patterns.

Conditions like this should be an acceptable reason for showing up to work late...

Boss; ‘You’re three hours late.’
‘tog; ‘Yeah but look at the sky in these pics. :D
Boss; ‘OK, fair enough.’

:)

My XC35 F2 just arrived. What a sweety of a little lens, it's tiny, weighs next to nothing and looks lovely. Cant wait to use it. £170 looks to be an absolute bargain to me.

Last edited:
I had the same with the X-T3 & i sent them a message & i got a new flash,if you don,t ask you don,t get.:D

Well, I got the little XC 15-45mm lens as a starter lens for the X-T1 body I bought from a fellow TPer. It was £100 and I had a CEX voucher, so super cheap. But ... it's not at all bad. Far better than the Sony 16-50 I used with the A6500. And even with its limited OIS spec, I got a couple of decent 1-second handheld night shots.

Its OKness complicates my choice of 'decent' zoom lens though. From the tests at Lenstip, the significant step up is the XF16-50/2.8. But that doesn't have OIS. The XF16-80 does have OIS, but doesn't test very well (AFAICS). The 18-135 was my favourite general lens for the Sony, but there aren't so many reviews of that yet.

The xc16-50 has OIS, bit "slow" maybe but is a good lightweight lens, then there's the 50-230 XC. The new XC35 F2 gets decent reviews, I am yet to test mine, not a zoom obviously.

Last edited:
@goldtop

XC16-50 has OIS (plastic body but still optically good)
XF18-55 has OIS
XF16-80 has OIS
XF18-135 has OIS (and very good OIS)
XF16-55 has no OIS (red XF premium lens)

I would take all reviews and test results with a pinch of salt, all the Fuji glass is of a great standard and some of it is exceptional. The 18-135 isn't perhaps quite as sharp as some of the other zooms, but its still very good, and has weather sealing and amazing OIS to boot.

Anyone tried macro tubes, either genuine Fuji or JJC ones, any issues?

Anyone tried macro tubes, either genuine Fuji or JJC ones, any issues?

I have a set of "Pixco Tubes" that work very well.

George.

It’s tiny .... I was expecting it to be way bigger.
I guess that’s one of the benefits coming from high end full-frame glass.
My WCL is due to arrive on Monday. :)
The WCL is really tiny in comparison :)

It’s tiny .... I was expecting it to be way bigger.
I guess that’s one of the benefits coming from high end full-frame glass.
My WCL is due to arrive on Monday. :)
Is it comfortably pocketable?

My XC35 F2 just arrived. What a sweety of a little lens, it's tiny, weighs next to nothing and looks lovely. Cant wait to use it. £170 looks to be an absolute bargain to me.

I must use mine more. I think a day out in Brum next week with the XT2 and just the 35mm is needed. I'll leave the zooms at home and challenge myself a bit.

Had a walk over The Long Mynd yesterday. Absolutely chuffing freezing with howling winds and the occasional snow shower. Spotted a couple of the wild horses that live there sheltering behind a bush/tree. Felt a little bit sorry for them. Managed to sneak up close to them for a couple of shots.

Wild Horses, Cardingmill Valley
by Jason, on Flickr

Won,t be upgrading in a hurry,very happy with the T3:banana:

The X-Pro 1 arrived today, first impressions are:

• The menu on it is very old fashioned compared to the modern stuff
  • The camera handles very well and is well built
  • Intial snaps taken inside look pretty good, and I certainly think they will be nice once I get to take some real images outside
  • The focus is better than I expected, especially using single shot
  • It appears to be in VGC with only a few small marks on the rear LCD, which is a slight shame, but nothing to worry about
  • Shutter count appears to be 2800!

Edited to add: Continuous focussing is useless, I will be using this for landscape / static shots. I do think it is nice, but you can see that the X-Pro 2 is a huge leap forward. I will be playing with this more tomorrow, I'll probably stick a fast prime on and see what I can get. It will certainly make me think about my shots more, so in that respect it was well worth the £265. :)

Xpro 1 by Rick Phillips, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back