The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Highly doubt that
If that's the case, where will Fuji go next..... come to think of it... where will any of these mirrorless systems be in 5 years time.... how on earth can Sony improve on the Sony A9 etc... what can Fuji do to their line-up in what is a declining market place. :(

I thought about the X-H1, only had one lens left by the time it was mentioned and that had ois anyway.
No regrets from me, very happy with Panasonic cameras and lenses, can't see any difference in quality at my max of A3 print
Did I see you looking to change to Sony?

I'd like to try Sony ML at least one time, I feel I can't really nay say the system until then :D But yeah, it's the A7RII I have interest in as I was thinking on maybe getting out more to try my hand at some landscape, also the better high ISO performance is attractive and that high res sensor. It is the only thing I missed after switching from Nikon FF to Fuji the first time. I enjoyed the G80, nothing wrong with Panasonic cams, only ISO performance isn't the best - I actually think M43 might just be the best system for macro. I almost went G9, it was close, but the H1 had to be tried out

Last edited:
You won't be saying that when you realise how big in size the Sony files are :p lol
TBH it's not been too bad when I've used sample raws I've found online. I might see what the compressed files are like though, people say for the majority of the time you can't tell a difference. I'll stick with uncompressed for landscape though.

Just who do you think you are kidding??? Memory cards and hard drives are relatively cheap these days.
When I go to Moto GP, F1 and BTCC I usually end up with at least 2000 shots, that'd be over 256GB shot with uncompressed :eek:

What for the Fuji X-H2 next year.. it will probably get the same shutter but using Sony's new 48mp APS-C sensor....
I think we are really approaching the peak of mirrorless technology now and manufacturers are struggling to push the bar further with each new generation.......

That sensor rumour seemed quite weak and I would have thought Sony would want to use it before handing it out to others.

If I "upgrade" agin in the near future I may drop the lot & convert back to FF. If I am really honest with myself, as much as I love using the Fuji's, because I love the "old school" layout, the lenses are not cheap, and I've been thinking about a D850 for a while, BUT, I don't want the weight. I've had a good look at the Z7 and it's a very nice bit of kit.

If I get back to work anytime soon, I can see that being my direction. I just love using the X-T series bodies.... :rolleyes:

If I "upgrade" agin in the near future I may drop the lot & convert back to FF. If I am really honest with myself, as much as I love using the Fuji's, because I love the "old school" layout, the lenses are not cheap, and I've been thinking about a D850 for a while, BUT, I don't want the weight. I've had a good look at the Z7 and it's a very nice bit of kit.

If I get back to work anytime soon, I can see that being my direction. I just love using the X-T series bodies.... :rolleyes:

Native Z mount glass isn't exactly cheap............

If I was going to do paid photography for a living, I wouldn't hesitate recommending the Sony FF system, it's really that good when getting the moment / shot is critical, however I have seen stunning photos taken with Fuji gear for sports / weddings etc.
I guess it comes down to how you feel about the gear etc......
Take me for example.... going from a high-end Sony system to a fixed lens compact APS-C setup..... :eek: some would say I was nuts! :D lol

GGGGGAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS Alert

But you won't be keeping all those RAWs though, so a few 256Gb cards, and a decent hard drive, edit, then cull, you'll be fine.
I only have about 200GB spare in my hard drive at any one time, I don’t like working from external drives as it slows it down ;)

Looks like X-T4 will be at the forthcoming Touch And Try Days

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-gb/events/2020/0224_13352/
Great, I will book those dates on my iPhone as "stay indoors and don't venture to Harrison's" lol :D
If I am being honest, nothing has peaked my interest in camera's for a very long time... the Sony's were bought with the mindset that I would do photography for a living.... :)
I did have naughty thought's about the Leica Q2 for a few days but that's about it.

I only have about 200GB spare in my hard drive at any one time, I don’t like working from external drives as it slows it down ;)

Well you should sort that out, either you need a bigger hard drive, or portable drives or a NAS drive to archive stuff onto. No point in having the capability to take loads of images if you can't process them!!

Last edited:
I agree
Kai's face says it all! :D
I don't think it's a big enough jump for existing X-T3 owners for the price difference. :)
I agree all looks a bit meh to me, he also confirmed what i'd been told, the XT-3 is not being discontinued. £1549 + £299 for the grip no thanks.

I agree

I agree all looks a bit meh to me, he also confirmed what i'd been told, the XT-3 is not being discontinued. £1549 + £299 for the grip no thanks.
Might be a good time to keep the Fuji X-T3?
I was close to buying the X-H1 but I am sticking to my plan of trying to re-ignite my photography mojo with the incoming Fuji X100V.

Are you getting one? It seems a mid-life upgrade for the XT-3 :)

the same sensor is a bit of a bummer - not that there is much wrong with it. on the whole, it does look like a very good camera. fantastic, sony beating IBIS,. 15FPS in mechanical. better battery. -6 ev. Excellent video features. id say those specs are pretty damn good.

ive just sold my xt3 and was lucky to not lose any money on it. but the devaluation of fuji cameras is a worry. the used price of xt3's will begin to tank, and this might force people into upgrading sooner than they would like to.

ive got an h1 and one lens. the rest of my gear is a pretty sweet sony set up. do i want to get rid of that set up in favour of the latest fuji's? i don't know. what i am is very, very reluctant to be an early adopter of fuji cameras. no other brand seems to discount them so heavily so soon after release.

the same sensor is a bit of a bummer - not that there is much wrong with it. on the whole, it does look like a very good camera. fantastic, sony beating IBIS,. 15FPS in mechanical. better battery. -6 ev. Excellent video features. id say those specs are pretty damn good.

ive just sold my xt3 and was lucky to not lose any money on it. but the devaluation of fuji cameras is a worry. the used price of xt3's will begin to tank, and this might force people into upgrading sooner than they would like to.

ive got an h1 and one lens. the rest of my gear is a pretty sweet sony set up. do i want to get rid of that set up in favour of the latest fuji's? i don't know. what i am is very, very reluctant to be an early adopter of fuji cameras. no other brand seems to discount them so heavily so soon after release.

Looking at the trade in prices the used xt3 prices might drop to what I thought even sooner than 6-8 months. The thing is, the A7iii could be around the same price as the XT4 soon enough and theres cheaper imports and used to also consider for less money.

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with the Sony system, what makes you keep coming back to Fuji? Mmmmm :D

Fuji is great when buying used last gen, not so great for early adopters or sellers. At least the lenses hold value as most do.
Yeah, the X-H1 with the Grip seems very good value....... :)

Looking at the trade in prices the used xt3 prices might drop to what I thought even sooner than 6-8 months. The thing is, the A7iii could be around the same price as the XT4 soon enough and theres cheaper imports and used to also consider for less money.

i have to admit, sony really did hit gold with their strategy for the a7iii.

Yeah £500 for a X-T3 would be good... whack on the 56mm f1.2 and/or 90mm f2.0 and happy days :D

Those lenses would be a bit long for me to enjoy.

I haven't had much free time recently but when I do get some I've been enjoying two little set ups, my A7 with a manual 50mm f2 and my Panasonic GX80 with a tiny 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 kit zoom.

i have to admit, sony really did hit gold with their strategy for the a7iii.
And the A9.... A9 II ... and so on... :D lol
Fuji have done right not to enter into the FF mirrorless segment, they would have been butchered good and proper! :D
When it comes to the best APS-C system, Fuji win's hands down. :)

And the A9.... A9 II ... and so on... :D lol
Fuji have done right not to enter into the FF mirrorless segment, they would have been butchered good and proper! :D
When it comes to the best APS-C system, Fuji win's hands down. :)

or they could have killed off Nikon

XT-3 will run alongside the XT-4 and I can't see that many people trading up, XT-4 is aimed squarely at SONY imo, XT-3's for £500 dream on.

Those lenses would be a bit long for me to enjoy.

I haven't had much free time recently but when I do get some I've been enjoying two little set ups, my A7 with a manual 50mm f2 and my Panasonic GX80 with a tiny 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 kit zoom.
Nice.... for me, the Fujinon 56mm f1.2 and 90mm f2.0 are lenses that I have owned and would be must haves for taking portraits.
My Fuji X100V will cover 28mm, 35mm and 50mm equv focal lengths :)

XT-3 will run alongside the XT-4 and I can't see that many people trading up, XT-4 is aimed squarely at SONY imo, XT-3's for £500 dream on.
The X-T3 is around £865 imported at the moment, in 6-8 months, we may well see used X-T3's around the £500 price point :eek:

Back