The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Quick look across various Fuji groups it’s apparent that so far there’s little appetite to upgrade from XH-1 and XT-3 to the XT-4.
Will be interesting to see which current Fuji owners upgrade, probably XT-2 owners mainly. I’m still leaning towards XH-1 as a workhorse and X100V for personal / street.

Well if I can get over the screen, and go for function over form, I have a hankering to try a H1 :) For me the T4 is out of my budget, and that flippy screen wtf :eek:

Last edited:
Quick look across various Fuji groups it’s apparent that so far there’s little appetite to upgrade from XH-1 and XT-3 to the XT-4.
Will be interesting to see which current Fuji owners upgrade, probably XT-2 owners mainly. I’m still leaning towards XH-1 as a workhorse and X100V for personal / street.
I have an XT-1 and XT-2(and a Nikon D750)... but I am seriously considering the XT-4.

Took advantage of it not raining for a change and headed out on the Suzuki for a short fifteen mile run (it's first run out since just before Xmas), very enjoyable indeed but quite chilly alright..! Couldn't believe the brilliant sunshine and general dry weather, quite a lot of road salt still about...

Parked up with Wallace Monument on the horizon;

VStrom Thou by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-E2 -- XF27 -- iso 400 -- @ f/7.1 -- 1/640th

mac

Plenty of mint low mileage X T3s floating around second hand for £800 or less...
X T4 twice as good? Hmm...
Improvements worth a little shy of a grand? Hmmm...nothing that seems indispensible, for me at least. Incremental improvements only.
The bargain here will be the X T3s floating around for £500 in a few months time. Wonder what X T2s will drop to? A cheap body would give me a nice camera to keep in the car. Drove down to Bala today, nice shots abounded but camera was at home.

Last edited:
I'd quite like an XT4 but given most of my photography uses flash it's not a priority, so I can wait until they are a fair bit cheaper and my 2&3 have over 30k clicks each. I'm better off spending money on lighting and modifiers.

Sorry for a bit of a rambling post in advance but this thread absolutely seemed like the right place to ask my question!

I currently own a Nikon D750 with Sigma Art 35mm lens but I think I'm looking for a change. I've shot with DSLRs for about 12 years and never really known anything other than that in digital at least. I was also shooting weddings professionally (with a second D750 and other lenses that have now gone) but this is no longer the case and I feel like the photos I take aren't as essential as they once were, which was one of the reasons I was thinking of sticking with the D750s when being paid as they delivered each and every time without fail. I know in that time the mirrorless offerings have not only been launched but improved immensely and I'm currently leaning towards an X-Pro2.

One of the things that's making me not really enjoy photography as much anymore is the editing and I'm finding it more and more tedious; in an attempt to rectify this I've been shooting in JPG but while the Nikon produces good RAWs for editing I'm not over enamored with the JPGs and end up editing RAWs again anyway. I hear that Fuji has brilliant colours out of the camera, with some really nice film presets (I'm a big film lover too so this is really appealing to me) so I'm thinking/hoping that I can cut down on editing there. I'm also thinking the OVF is a bonus as that's something I love to use and harps back to my film cameras too with the added bonus of EVF/OVF in one view or move over completely to EVF for live exposure etc to help cut down on editing again. Weight savings are also a bonus but not a massive issue either way for me as I'm more than used to lumping a DSLR around but after handling the XP2 and the X-T3 I'm much more comfortable with the XP2 size wise.

My only holdup is that I just don't know how well say the X Pro 2 and 23 f2 lens is going to perform next to my current set up, it doesn't have to be directly comparable but I would hate to swap over and be let down. I have a 3 year old daughter so slow AF would be a dealbreaker, albeit this combo gets good reviews in that aspect. The lens and camera get great reviews but I can't see anywhere that its a comparison to know for sure. I know a lot of you have probably moved over from DSLR so I was going to ask how you all got on? I'm sure there's loads of posts like this in here but this thread is also 1359 pages long :eek:

I can trade in my current gear and get the camera and lens S/H for very similar money so money doesn't come into it so much but I wasn't thinking of adding loads of money to it either to go down the X Pro 3 route or anything!

Last edited:
Sorry for a bit of a rambling post in advance but this thread absolutely seemed like the right place to ask my question!

I currently own a Nikon D750 with Sigma Art 35mm lens but I think I'm looking for a change. I've shot with DSLRs for about 12 years and never really known anything other than that in digital at least. I was also shooting weddings professionally (with a second D750 and other lenses that have now gone) but this is no longer the case and I feel like the photos I take aren't as essential as they once were, which was one of the reasons I was thinking of sticking with the D750s when being paid as they delivered each and every time without fail. I know in that time the mirrorless offerings have not only been launched but improved immensely and I'm currently leaning towards an X-Pro2.

One of the things that's making me not really enjoy photography as much anymore is the editing and I'm finding it more and more tedious; in an attempt to rectify this I've been shooting in JPG but while the Nikon produces good RAWs for editing I'm not over enamored with the JPGs and end up editing RAWs again anyway. I hear that Fuji has brilliant colours out of the camera, with some really nice film presets (I'm a big film lover too so this is really appealing to me) so I'm thinking/hoping that I can cut down on editing there. I'm also thinking the OVF is a bonus as that's something I love to use and harps back to my film cameras too with the added bonus of EVF/OVF in one view or move over completely to EVF for live exposure etc to help cut down on editing again. Weight savings are also a bonus but not a massive issue either way for me as I'm more than used to lumping a DSLR around but after handling the XP2 and the X-T3 I'm much more comfortable with the XP2 size wise.

My only holdup is that I just don't know how well say the X Pro 2 and 23 f2 lens is going to perform next to my current set up, it doesn't have to be directly comparable but I would hate to swap over and be let down. I have a 3 year old daughter so slow AF would be a dealbreaker, albeit this combo gets good reviews in that aspect. The lens and camera get great reviews but I can't see anywhere that its a comparison to know for sure. I know a lot of you have probably moved over from DSLR so I was going to ask how you all got on? I'm sure there's loads of posts like this in here but this thread is also 1359 pages long :eek:

I can trade in my current gear and get the camera and lens S/H for very similar money so money doesn't come into it so much but I wasn't thinking of adding loads of money to it either to go down the X Pro 3 route or anything!
I know we’re all different but I don’t find editing raw any more time consuming than jpeg really. I spent some time creating a preset for my D750 (then D850 and Z7) an just apply this on import giving me better (imo) image than the jpeg. Obviously I still need to crop and straighten etc when needed (as you would jpeg) but there’s no time editing each and every photo individually.

I know we’re all different but I don’t find editing raw any more time consuming than jpeg really. I spent some time creating a preset for my D750 (then D850 and Z7) an just apply this on import giving me better (imo) image than the jpeg. Obviously I still need to crop and straighten etc when needed (as you would jpeg) but there’s no time editing each and every photo individually.

Something else I probably should have mentioned, I don't currently own any paid editing software. I was using Lightroom beforehand and had the same as you mentioned with some really nice presets available to me on import which always gave me the results I wanted and relatively quickly. At the height of shooting weddings I was editing a full wedding in 5-6 hours.

At the moment I'm editing using the Nikon NX-D which is okay, but its clunky and doesn't give me the results I want at the end of it anyway. My hope was that I could shoot literally in JPG, get it damn well near in camera what i want and upload to share. Whether that's realistic or not is perhaps another question i need to ask.

You've made me think of it from a different angle though, perhaps the obvious thing is staring me in the face and i need to just subscribe to Lightroom again to get my quick editing back :LOL:

There is still the part of me that wants a change though :D

Last edited:
Something else I probably should have mentioned, I don't currently own any paid editing software. I was using Lightroom beforehand and had the same as you mentioned with some really nice presets available to me on import which always gave me the results I wanted and relatively quickly. At the height of shooting weddings I was editing a full wedding in 5-6 hours.

At the moment I'm editing using the Nikon NX-D which is okay, but its clunky and doesn't give me the results I want at the end of it anyway. My hope was that I could shoot literally in JPG, get it damn well near in camera what i want and upload to share. Whether that's realistic or not is perhaps another question i need to ask.

You've made me think of it from a different angle though, perhaps the obvious thing is staring me in the face and i need to just subscribe to Lightroom again to get my quick editing back :LOL:

XT-3 for performance and Capture One free version for Fujifilm for editing would be a great combo. You can import the RAW's and develop your preferred simulation (s)

Will be interesting to see which current Fuji owners upgrade, probably XT-2 owners mainly.

I‘m sticking with my XT2, does the job for me. I did have a little think about it today but not for long. As well as the money for the ‘upgrade’, it’s buying spare batteries (my XT2 and XE1 share batteries), buying a charger and also my XT2 L-bracket won’t fit. There’s more money, probably another 150 quid all-in. No thanks. The IBIS is the only thing of interest, seeing as I mostly use the 16-55, but I’ll get by, that’s what tripods, random trees and ISO dials are for.

Last edited:

Ahh that’s different then. The trouble with Lightroom now is it’s subscription based so they have your pants down a bit. Nikon NX is too clunky for me

Fuji certainly have lovely JPEG’s, the film simulations really help with this. I’d recommend turning in camera sharpening down though as it can cause unwanted artefacts in certain situations, and turn NR down as much as possible.

The X-Pros are really nice, my only advice would be to try one first as the lack of grip will take some getting used to after the D750.

I‘m sticking with my XT2, does the job for me. I did have a little think about it today but not for long. As well as the money for the ‘upgrade’, it’s buying spare batteries (my XT2 and XE1 share batteries), buying a charger and also my XT2 L-bracket won’t fit. There’s more money, probably another 150 quid all-in. No thanks. The IBIS is the only thing of interest, seeing as I mostly use the 16-55, but I’ll get by, that’s what tripods, random trees and ISO dials are for.
Yeah it gets to the point where you have to say enough is enough. Buying a charger and extra batteries is really off putting for me seeing as I already have 6 batteries for the XT-3.

Ahh that’s different then. The trouble with Lightroom now is it’s subscription based so they have your pants down a bit. Nikon NX is too clunky for me

Fuji certainly have lovely JPEG’s, the film simulations really help with this. I’d recommend turning in camera sharpening down though as it can cause unwanted artefacts in certain situations, and turn NR down as much as possible.

The X-Pros are really nice, my only advice would be to try one first as the lack of grip will take some getting used to after the D750.

I've just spent about half an hour writing a reply and come to the conclusion that I'm not sure what I want exists :LOL: With reference to my previous post what I want is a camera that outputs JPGs with a pleasing preset to save me having to do so in Lightroom, the ongoing cost is a factor but not a dealbreaker. I simply don't find myself wanting to sit in front of my computer for any amount of time to do it, which is partly why I have several editing jobs building up from the past couple of months :LOL:

With Fuji having nice presets, I guess I'm hoping for it to be a silver bullet where I can replicate my film shooting. Choose film/preset, shoot, share and that's kind of it. In the real world I think I may just end up editing the Fuji files and be no better off, albeit with a change of camera.

I fully appreciate the comment on the grip though, the D750 one is ace but I have handled an X Pro and was happy with it as it was still a good size, I think the smaller cameras may drive me up the wall a little.

I guess I either need to think on it some more or just say 'eff it and swap, if I then end up editing I'll be in the same position as i was anyway!

Thanks for the comments though, they really are helping me clarify it in my head and putting down what i want in words is also helping

I've just spent about half an hour writing a reply and come to the conclusion that I'm not sure what I want exists :LOL: With reference to my previous post what I want is a camera that outputs JPGs with a pleasing preset to save me having to do so in Lightroom, the ongoing cost is a factor but not a dealbreaker. I simply don't find myself wanting to sit in front of my computer for any amount of time to do it, which is partly why I have several editing jobs building up from the past couple of months :LOL:

With Fuji having nice presets, I guess I'm hoping for it to be a silver bullet where I can replicate my film shooting. Choose film/preset, shoot, share and that's kind of it. In the real world I think I may just end up editing the Fuji files and be no better off, albeit with a change of camera.

I fully appreciate the comment on the grip though, the D750 one is ace but I have handled an X Pro and was happy with it as it was still a good size, I think the smaller cameras may drive me up the wall a little.

I guess I either need to think on it some more or just say 'eff it and swap, if I then end up editing I'll be in the same position as i was anyway!

Thanks for the comments though, they really are helping me clarify it in my head and putting down what i want in words is also helping
Don't forget you can process the RAW in camera to produce any number of jpg's in whatever built in preset/sim you want.

Don't forget you can process the RAW in camera to produce any number of jpg's in whatever built in preset/sim you want.

Perhaps even better!

I've just been watching some youtube videos and found out a really great bit of information. The Pro-Neg film simulations are based on their Fujicolour Pro 160 film, the exact same film that my favourite Lightroom preset is based on :eek:

Perhaps even better!

I've just been watching some youtube videos and found out a really great bit of information. The Pro-Neg film simulations are based on their Fujicolour Pro 160 film, the exact same film that my favourite Lightroom preset is based on :eek:
Pro neg is my favourite of the film simulations.

Perhaps even better!

Time to order then ;)

I would like to be my 2 year old seems to have developed a habit of requesting milk around 3-4am every morning :(
I am then up 530am to get ready for work..... brutal on the mind.
Hopefully my Fuji X100V turns up today.....

I remember the times, but before you know it, they're 12 and you have use a cattle prod to get them up at 7:30 for school :rolleyes::LOL:

I remember the times, but before you know it, they're 12 and you have use a cattle prod to get them up at 7:30 for school :rolleyes::LOL:
Lol :D haha .... but the positives of kids at that age (or so I am told) is that they don't want to know you and they only communicate with the parents when they need something etc.
So I could start watching my movie collection... lol mind you, I should be retired by then hopefully! :eek:

If you like the almost rangefinder handling of the X-Pro series, go for one of them but IME the X-Ts are faster to use (if that makes any sense!) I still use an X-Pro 1 as my wide angle carrier (although that duty might fall to the X-T1 soon) with longer zooms being on a pair of X-Ts (1 & 2). Might shift everything along a spot so the long lens is on the (fresh) X-H 1, freeing up the Pro 1 for primes but I might start looking for a decent macro. Decisions, decisions!

I would like to be my 2 year old seems to have developed a habit of requesting milk around 3-4am every morning :(
I am then up 530am to get ready for work..... brutal on the mind.
Hopefully my Fuji X100V turns up today.....
Hi I too am awaiting notification from Wex about my V it’s been a long wait.....

Had it in my amazon basket all week and was close to pulling the trigger. Now showing 1-2 months until back in stock
Yeah, it looks like demand might surpass Fuji's predictions... :eek:
I am going to call Harrison's shortly...... :p

@addicknchips woooohoooo my Fuji X100V is awaiting collection! :D
No weather sealing kit though - still on back order.
For anybody who doesn't already know, the weather sealing consist of the Fuji AR-X100 Adaptor Ring and the Fuji PR-49 Protection Filter.... so nothing special.
I am going down the route of getting the better B+W filters. :eek:

:cool::p wise move.......

Ever since my F went swimming I have missed it, so it was only a matter of time to get another and with the V coming out I had to go for it. If I want WR then my XF23mm f2 will go on the Xpro2 so win win for me :D

@addicknchips woooohoooo my Fuji X100V is awaiting collection! :D
No weather sealing kit though - still on back order.
For anybody who doesn't already know, the weather sealing consist of the Fuji AR-X100 Adaptor Ring and the Fuji PR-49 Protection Filter.... so nothing special.
I am going down the route of getting the better B+W filters. :eek:

3rd party "weather sealing" kit is about £18 on amazon

3rd party "weather sealing" kit is about £18 on amazon
I already got the Fujifilm hood set... I actually have a couple... will be selling one soon.
The going to use my B+W filters...... I doubt the official Fujifilm protection filter has better glass than B+W and that it offers any better sealing abilities. :D
I got my Hipster Man Bag ready to accept the X100V lol :p

I already got the Fujifilm hood set... I actually have a couple... will be selling one soon.
The going to use my B+W filters...... I doubt the official Fujifilm protection filter has better glass than B+W and that it offers any better sealing abilities. :D
I got my Hipster Man Bag ready to accept the X100V lol :p

send me a link to the bag please.

Back