The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The X-T3 is around £865 imported at the moment, in 6-8 months, we may well see used X-T3's around the £500 price point :eek:
Outside of TP I don't think many people buy grey and then there's the people who prefer to buy from UK dealers.

XT-3 will run alongside the XT-4 and I can't see that many people trading up, XT-4 is aimed squarely at SONY imo, XT-3's for £500 dream on.

They are going for £700 used private and 750-800 dealer used, thats before the XT4 has hit the streets and dealers have thousands of them to shift and force private sale prices down.

They are going for £700 used private and 750-800 dealer used, thats before the XT4 has hit the streets and dealers have thousands of them to shift and force private sale prices down.
Not according to ebay Sold listings in the last few days they aren't, just sold one today myself for £850.

That's the norm these days, my Fuji X100V ain't coming with a charger either.... just going to charge via 18w USB-C adaptor :D
Hmm penny pinching, I've got a lot of spare batteries that need charging for a full days work, can't be waiting to charge in body.

Hmm penny pinching, I've got a lot of spare batteries that need charging for a full days work, can't be waiting to charge in body.
I agree, I guess it's become more and more important to maximise their margins and charging extra's for chargers will help them do that.

Last edited:
So you're listing damaged and grey one's to try and prove a point, epic fail.

Really? Are you sure you looked at the links or are you just talking nonsense? How do you know they are grey?

1) Boxed as new. Hardly taken any shots, can’t see any signs of use as it barely has been.
3) Six months old +Box. Great condition and hardly used.
4) A fine example of this highly regarded camera in pristine condition - no scratches whatsoever.

Last edited:
Really? Are you sure you looked at the links or are you just talking nonsense? How do you know they are grey?

1) Boxed as new. Hardly taken any shots, can’t see any signs of use as it barely has been.
4) A fine example of this highly regarded camera in pristine condition - no scratches whatsoever.

You missed number 2 out? :D lol

Don't get personal, the first one says no uk charger so reading between the lines that's grey, the second one has a huge dent on the top edge, so if anyone's talking nonsense it's you.

Well you should sort that out, either you need a bigger hard drive, or portable drives or a NAS drive to archive stuff onto. No point in having the capability to take loads of images if you can't process them!!
1TB SSD was the max I could get at the time.
He's needs some 1TB SSD drives :)
Maybe I should look into some external SSD's, not sure whether or not USB-C will slow it down or not against having it on the internal SSD?

Don't get personal, the first one says no uk charger so reading between the lines that's grey, the second one has a huge dent on the top edge, so if anyone's talking nonsense it's you.

1) It says its missing, that doesnt mean its grey, why would it matter anyway as I wasnt specific about it being grey in my OP (you added that), its a used XT3 or is yours a different camera because it was a UK purchase? UK dealers also sell used grey.
2) I skimmed the condition without checking pics on that listing.
What about 3 & 4?

Maybe I should look into some external SSD's, not sure whether or not USB-C will slow it down or not against having it on the internal SSD?
I have some external 1TB SSD's...
I managed to bag a PNY 1TB portable SSD recently and it's getting a cool read and write speeds of around 890MB/s and 900MB/s!! :D

I have some external 1TB SSD's...
I managed to bag a PNY 1TB portable SSD recently and it's getting a cool read and write speeds of around 890MB/s and 900MB/s!! :D

The Samsung EVO drives have very good warranty, but yes you should look into it. Keep your LR catalog on the main SSD, and make sure the backup catalog is on another drive. If you have a lot of image data, I'd still look at a NAS as well, I have a Synology one, and it backs up and mirrors folders off my computers in the background, that way my images are in 3 places straight off, I then have a Fireproof USB drive that I periodically back stuff up onto. All my work stuff takes the same route, and is also held in a cloud account.

What a shame. Has Fuji lost the plot? IMO, they have got it wrong again. The XH-1 should have been released with the XT-3's sensor and technology. Now they bring out an overpriced XT-3 with IBIS while keeping the XT-3.

I wonder whether they will update the XT-3's firmware with that of the XT-4's?

What a shame. Has Fuji lost the plot? IMO, they have got it wrong again. The XH-1 should have been released with the XT-3's sensor and technology. Now they bring out an overpriced XT-3 with IBIS while keeping the XT-3.

I wonder whether they will update the XT-3's firmware with that of the XT-4's?

Not so sure, if they release an X-H2 now with current sensor tech, then when the replacement X-T3 was launched say early 2021, then all the X-H buyers would moan again about how the flagship camera doesn't have the latest tech.

This is a re-aligning exercise, and I would expect X-H2 to be launched with a new sensor in 2021 and as the flagship camera (any maybe the X-T5 will be launched at the same time or very close)

Not so sure, if they release an X-H2 now with current sensor tech, then when the replacement X-T3 was launched say early 2021, then all the X-H buyers would moan again about how the flagship camera doesn't have the latest tech.

This is a re-aligning exercise, and I would expect X-H2 to be launched with a new sensor in 2021 and as the flagship camera (any maybe the X-T5 will be launched at the same time or very close)
I see your point. I wonder if that is the reason why Fuji didn't hesitate releasing the XT-4 so close the release date of the XPro-3?

Who has the XF80mm and how do you rate it ?

I do, and love it (y)

Plenty on my flickr. Also got the mcex 16 and you can almost get the glass touching ;)

Last edited:
I do, and love it (y)

Plenty on my flickr. Also got the mcex 16 and you can almost get the glass touching ;)

That's not actually a great thing for macro, you want a bit of working distance, at least a few cm. A Raynox 150 or 250 might work better either way, as you can maintain AF if you feel you need it for macro, and it'll just clip on and off for when you want to shoot normal distances.

I would love this lens though, bit pricey for me atm so I am still considering the new Laowa 65mm for some macro funs. That one doesn't need any boosting, does 2:1 by itself when required.

Last edited:
That's not actually a great thing for macro, you want a bit of working distance, at least a few cm. A Raynox 150 or 250 might work better either way, as you can maintain AF if you feel you need it for macro, and it'll just clip on and off for when you want to shoot normal distances.

I would love this lens though, bit pricey for me atm so I am still considering the new Laowa 65mm for some macro funs. That one doesn't need any boosting, does 2:1 by itself when required.

I got the mcex cheap, used. It`s nice to have, but admittedly don`t use it that often. As for the 80mm, I got that when I shifted all my Nikon stuff, and went pretty much, like for like :) It`ll be interesting to see what you come up with, with the Laowa 65mm ;

Thanks mate, mind made up so will be getting the XF80mm instead of a camera.

Nice one, Dave (y)

Quick look across various Fuji groups it’s apparent that so far there’s little appetite to upgrade from XH-1 and XT-3 to the XT-4.
Will be interesting to see which current Fuji owners upgrade, probably XT-2 owners mainly. I’m still leaning towards XH-1 as a workhorse and X100V for personal / street.

Back