The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

H1 has arrived :D
Looks brand new, not a mark on it anywhere. Not even a thumb print. Even the viewfinder doesn`t have a speck of dust. Super pleased with it ... Battery on charge, and reading through manual now. Hpoefully settings and set up will be similar to my T2

I've had two items from the refurb store over the last year - a 56mm F1.2 that was immaculate - and the X-H1 kit. The only oddity with the X-H1 was a bit of rigid protective film over the top display which I couldn't tell was there as an original protection or had been added - my feelling was added as it seems to substantial for shipping protection - I left it in place. Apart from that the X-H1 and grip were unmarked and immaculately clean no dirt or dust or scratches - no signs of any rubbing on the lens mount or the flash shoe contacts.

Last edited:
I've had two items from the refurb store over the last year - a 56mm F1.2 that was immaculate - and the X-H1 kit. The only oddity with the X-H1 was a bit of rigid protective film over the top display which I couldn't tell was there as an original protection or had been added - my feelling was added as it seems to substantial for shipping protection - I left it in place. Apart from that the X-H1 and grip were unmarked and immaculately clean no dirt or dust or scratches - no signs of any rubbing on the lens mount or the flash shoe contacts.

Mine is spotless :)
Odd re the screen protector. But hey if it`s in place, and working, all is good in my book (y)

Some snaps from today.
Fuji X100V.
Editing done on iPad Pro and VSCO.

49600276328_f7900c95a3_c.jpg

49600774861_db0f2fa21c_c.jpg

49600774886_578ee5600b_c.jpg

49601036582_937a97e0f2_c.jpg

49600774956_661db917a8_c.jpg

49600774961_8402d4b27f_c.jpg

49601036607_eb55aa5230_c.jpg

49601036602_a5c93c6a86_c.jpg

Was out in South Queensferry having a catch up with a friend today so would be silly not to take the camera too! :D
The select few below also let you see the variable conditions on offer.

Forth Road Bridge by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Queensferry Crossing by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Forth Bridge by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

South Queensferry High Street by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

Great colour in these, especially like the yellows against the cold skies in the first.

H1 has arrived :D
Looks brand new, not a mark on it anywhere. Not even a thumb print. Even the viewfinder doesn`t have a speck of dust. Super pleased with it ... Battery on charge, and reading through manual now. Hpoefully settings and set up will be similar to my T2

That’s a positive “RESULT” in my book mate, congrat’s and “ENJOY”.

George.

Last edited:
Looking for a nice copy of the 35 1.4 if anyone has one gathering dust, check wanted in classified, just missed out on one local for a great price - had a few scratches on the steel hood but otherwise looked minty. Pity

Last edited:
Looking for a nice copy of the 35 1.4 if anyone has one gathering dust, check wanted in classified, just missed out on one local for a great price - had a few scratches on the steel hood but otherwise looked minty. Pity
Sorry. I won’t be parting with mine :)

Only the hood was marked and it was cheap :thinking:

Sorry. I won’t be parting with mine :)
I’m afraid I won’t be parting with mine either... it is a lovely lens.

Only the hood was marked and it was cheap :thinking:

Seems so, someone had jumped on it before I even seen it otherwise I'd be awaiting delivery - it went for €300 [something like £250] - I don't think it was cheap just because of scratches on the hood, seemed like a rushed sale. But, with this lens, people are fussy about that hood - being a painted steel type

Last edited:
Killing me here lads, you're killing me! :D I might also be interested in a Viltrox 85 1.8 - anyone still using that one? wih the latest FW update?

What x mount fujinon lens is best for small-small medium product work ? What lenses are you all using that do product photography? I’m looking at either the xt3 or the xt30 body but am wondering about lenses !

What x mount fujinon lens is best for small-small medium product work ? What lenses are you all using that do product photography? I’m looking at either the xt3 or the xt30 body but am wondering about lenses !

What size product are we talking? I'm thinking the 60mm 2.4 1:2 'macro' lens would be suitable if it's nothing teensy. Never tried the lens personally, but it's one I have often considered. It's not a fast focuser, but is deadly sharp from what I have seen and is perfect for stills.

Last edited:
I will be shooting products From key ring sized thingies up to shoe box sized things. I was thinking of the 60mm macro too!

If it helps at all these were taken with the 60mm and an XE3

Blossom by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Daisies by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Flower by Allan Howe, on Flickr

It is a bit slow to focus sometimes but for for product photography I don't think it will be an issue
The first and third were both AF
the Daisies is a stack of 4 images on manual focus

I have the 60mm and often use it for flowers etc. To get close to small items I also use it with my close focus tubes. I have, in the past, used the tubes on both the 35 f1.4 & 90mm f2 with very good results. I also used to have the 80mm f2.8, which is magnificent, but heavy and decided to swap it out for a 50-140 which gets used more often.

So I would suggest either the 60mm, or the 35 f1.4, and get a set of tubes via Amazon for about £35.

90mm with tubes:
snail by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

35mm f1.4 with tubes
Chestnut by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

60mm (without tubes)
DSCF9793 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Thanks Alan and Jelster, those images really help a lot. I’ve never used or even thought about close focus tubes! I need to look into this, I guess it could make a big difference with how close I can get to the subject?

First pic with the H1 ... Usual test subject lol but figured mono would be a change.
I`m liking IBIS :)

H1 56mm f1,2 iso200

Cat by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice cat portrait type Fujigraph, nicely composed with a great pose & expression (if they have them).

George.

Lens is looking sharp. What keyboard is that BTW?

It’s pretty amazing how Fuji have improved on the original 23mm f2.0 lens but it was a long time overdue.
Using the WCL and TCL don’t seem to have any negative IQ issues either,
It’s the Apple Magic Keyboard in Space Grey :)

Back