The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have a problem, phoned Wex to check and yes I did order both together but my bank has stopped payment going through, as it`s over a grand coming out of my account have spoken on the phone to the bank and I have to go in for a talk to make sure it`s me who is ordering it :mad:
What the ####, that's not ideal.... I recently over-paid on my mortgage and cleared the PCP on my car, just had a text confirming asking if it was me performing the transaction, replied Y and then got them to re-run, worked.
Will WEX hold if for you as I am hearing that supply is in high demand?

What the ####, that's not ideal.... I recently over-paid on my mortgage and cleared the PCP on my car, just had a text confirming asking if it was me performing the transaction, replied Y and then got them to re-run, worked.
Will WEX hold if for you as I am hearing that supply is in high demand?

They said sorry but can`t hold it, as they have other orders to fore fill so it`s going to be next week till I can re order.

Last edited:
Twice it has happend to me now, so if they don`t sort it when I go in then I will think about changing bank... A right PITA it is.
Can't you get them to setup a text / call fraud service?
Both Natwest and Halifax do this.... :)

Can't you get them to setup a text / call fraud service?
Both Natwest and Halifax do this.... :)

It`s Natwest who I`m with, it was their fraud lot I spoke to on the phone. It seems like I have spent a lot over the last year so they want to talk in person before they ok it.

It`s Natwest who I`m with, it was their fraud lot I spoke to on the phone. It seems like I have spent a lot over the last year so they want to talk in person before they ok it.
That's rubbish... I just get a text off Natwest if they think anything is dubious.
Don't worry, I am sure you'll have your hands on a X100V soon as stocks filter through.

@Riz_Guru Be very interested to hear whether the TCL and WCL have any detrimental effect if you have time to do some samples, thanks in advance, anytime today will do ;)

That's rubbish... I just get a text off Natwest if they think anything is dubious.
Don't worry, I am sure you'll have your hands on a X100V soon as stocks filter through.

I managed to get an appointment to go in and speak to someone tomorrow, so fingers crossed,

@Riz_Guru Be very interested to hear whether the TCL and WCL have any detrimental effect if you have time to do some samples, thanks in advance, anytime today will do ;)

On the F they have no detrimental effect, other than the TCL altering the balance, as with most Fuji glass they optically great, but if @Riz_Guru could check out corner sharpness on the V that would be great

I will setup a test chart and try and do some samples... :)
On the F they have no detrimental effect, other than the TCL altering the balance, as with most Fuji glass they optically great, but if @Riz_Guru could check out corner sharpness on the V that would be great
Will try and get some done :)

If you could get either the 27mm 2.8 or the new XC 35mm for £150, whats the better deal? Fancy a prime just not sure which would compliment my X-T20 better for a change from my 18-55

looking for a new camera from previously owning an A6000 and I was advised to have a look at the Fuji line up with one reason being for their vast line up of beautiful lenses. Ideally I want to spend under £600 and I don't mind buying 2nd hand.

Any ideas??

I went from an A6000 to an A6500 and then to an X-T1. That was just £200 - same as I got for my A6000. FWIW, I did think about the X-E2/X-E3, which have a slightly more compact layout. They seem to be a bit overlooked in the love for the X-Pro and X-T series. But maybe better value?

On lenses, I really hope that the X mount will eventually be of interest to Sigma and Tamron.

I managed to get an appointment to go in and speak to someone tomorrow, so fingers crossed,
It is your money.
They lend on it in a ratio of at least 7 to 1.
You probably pay them to run your account too.
Make it very clear that you have lost out by this, and that unless you get assurances that this will not happen again, you'll walk.

It is your money.
Make it very clear that you have lost out by this, and that unless you get assurances that this will not happen again, you'll walk.
@Dave70D Also ask for compensation ... just be straight and direct with them... you have lost out on a camera and may have to wait for weeks... months... years... and will lose income as you can't shoot any weddings now... etc.. blah blah blah :D

Well I'm pretty impressed with the Refurb store, for getting stuff out the door. Ordered lunchtime yesterday, got an email to say it's gonna be delivered today (standard 2/3 days), so had to re schedule it for tomorrow duh. Even so I'm looking forward to getting it :)

@Dave70D Also ask for compensation ... just be straight and direct with them... you have lost out on a camera and may have to wait for weeks... months... years... and will lose income as you can't shoot any weddings now... etc.. blah blah blah :D
Well worth a try.

This one was a bit tricky. Not only was the wind strong and gusty with spray and all sorts flying through the air, my tripod wasn't tall enough to get the angle I wanted. So I had to opt for a fast shutter speed, hold the X-T2 as high overhead as I could and compose with the folding screen while being buffeted by Storm Dennis. I got one. Eventually. Probably makes me like it more than I should, but never mind :D

Turbulent
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Like that a lot, Dave. I'd be tempted to lose a tiny bit off the bottom edge to dispose of the little bit of grassy edge - makes it look like you're nearer the brink!

Just tried to get the free version for Fuji Capture One. It’s now showing as a 30 day trial, have I missed the bus!

It is your money.

One very long phone call to a person who use to be my school teacher plus worked in Natwest for many years ( My Mum ). I told her everything what the bank said to me and she said she will call me back. It now looks like my order will go through, plus we are going in my branch tomorrow as the manger would like to say Sorry. God knows what Mum said to them, but it worked as she is not a person to mess about.

Nat West Mastercard left me in the lurch too when buying rail tickets online from DBahn
Outward bound purchase went ok, declined payment when I tried to buy the returns.

Had to use another card for the return tickets, but the price had gone up in the meantime.
They said it looked like suspicious activity, not sure why they were in my name.
In the end they paid up the difference and forty quid as a goodwill payment.

So...

.... yesterday found me trudging around in hail and snow and then standing, for what seemed like forever, in boggy 'orrible water that stank and was deeper than my boots were high. I think my socks crawled to the washing machine by themselves when I got home. All waiting for that five-second sliver of light. Yes, another day in Snowdonia. I love that place more than anywhere else. :D

My favourite mountain, Pen Yr Ole Wen...

Pen Yr Ole Wen Winter
by Jason, on Flickr

So...

.... yesterday found me trudging around in hail and snow and then standing, for what seemed like forever, in boggy 'orrible water that stank and was deeper than my boots were high. I think my socks crawled to the washing machine by themselves when I got home. All waiting for that five-second sliver of light. Yes, another day in Snowdonia. I love that place more than anywhere else. :D

Pen Yr Ole Wen Winter
by Jason, on Flickr
Stunning

So...

Pen Yr Ole Wen Winter
by Jason, on Flickr

Fantastic

So...

Pen Yr Ole Wen Winter
by Jason, on Flickr
That's a cracking shot

I've got the Viltrox 85mm f1.8 AF lens and it works a treat so it is possible for 3rd party manufacturers to make them.
There's also a range of f1.4 lenses coming from Viltrox too. 23mm 33mm and 56mm. I'll be buying all 3.

Yes by reverse engineering - common practise especially in China, this can be done, issues may arise if Fuji change parts of their protocol, and if they do some of these products won't work on the latest tech Fuji gear. If its done with permission eg Zeiss then the relevant information will be shared. Sigma have already stated they will only make X mount lenses if Fuji make the information available, Fuji have chosen not to.

So...

Pen Yr Ole Wen Winter
by Jason, on Flickr

“Cracking” shot, nothing more to be said.

George.

Yes by reverse engineering - common practise especially in China, this can be done, issues may arise if Fuji change parts of their protocol, and if they do some of these products won't work on the latest tech Fuji gear. If its done with permission eg Zeiss then the relevant information will be shared. Sigma have already stated they will only make X mount lenses if Fuji make the information available, Fuji have chosen not to.

Yup, Fuji can simply flick the switch via fw, just look at sigma and Nikon incompatability. 3rd party reverse engineering can be risky.

Back