The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thanks Alan and Jelster, those images really help a lot. I’ve never used or even thought about close focus tubes! I need to look into this, I guess it could make a big difference with how close I can get to the subject?

Sorry, been out all day. It depends on the lens and if you stack the tubes, but with both tubes on the 35mm I am just 1-2cm from the subject. About 4-5cm if I'm using the 90mm.

Very nice cat portrait type Fujigraph, nicely composed with a great pose & expression (if they have them).

George.

Thanks, George (y)

Just ordered a 35 1.4 from einfinity, says there's hold ups due to high level of orders - I'm guessing its more to do with this Corona V thing but hopefully it won't take too long to arrive

Just ordered a 35 1.4 from einfinity, says there's hold ups due to high level of orders - I'm guessing its more to do with this Corona V thing but hopefully it won't take too long to arrive

Place it in quarantine for 14 days

Panamoz have the same warning on their site, delays due to high order levels

Anyone here using adapted macro lenses on their Fuji? Thinking on something like the old Nikon 60mm 2.8D, a lens I really liked when I shot Nikon - I remember it being very sharp

I did fancy the new Laowa 65 2.8 but having to buy a new phone put a dent in that. That one is £409 plus £12 shipping for me, where I can have something like the Nikon for less than half - just pondering here though, as I also fancy trying the Viltrox 85

I posted some photos taken with a Nikon mount Tokina 100mm macro.

They're on the previous page.

Aha, I knew I seen someone using an adapted macro on here, which model of the Tokina is it? I believe there's a few variants

Yes, Nikon mount.

I've had it a good few years now. I've tried sigmas but this is a lot lighter and a lot cheaper than Nikon.

Last edited:
Yes, Nikon mount.

I've had it a good few years now. I've tried sigmas but this is a lot lighter and a lot cheaper than Nikon.

Looking around it's either about the same price-wise as the Nikon 60mm or dearer. You'll get a bit more working distance with a 100mm over a 60mm macro, but the 60 would be a bit better for portraits on side I'm thinking.

OK question for you guys and gals -
If I was looking to do a swap of my 18-55 for an 18-135 what do you reckon the extra cash cost would be to cover the 18-135?

OK question for you guys and gals -
If I was looking to do a swap of my 18-55 for an 18-135 what do you reckon the extra cash cost would be to cover the 18-135?

Depending on the condition of both, I'd say between £150 - 200 difference

So here's the dilemma, I've fallen in love with my X-H1 and I have to decide whether I save for a 70-200 f2.8 for my D750 or do I get a 50-140mm for my Fuji. If I get a 50-140 for my Fuji and I love it as much as I loved my 70-200 f4 on my Nikon D750, it could start me thinking about leaving behind my D750 for another Fuji!!

So here's the dilemma, I've fallen in love with my X-H1 and I have to decide whether I save for a 70-200 f2.8 for my D750 or do I get a 50-140mm for my Fuji. If I get a 50-140 for my Fuji and I love it as much as I loved my 70-200 f4 on my Nikon D750, it could start me thinking about leaving behind my D750 for another Fuji!!

You're still saving, not buying, keep saving, after a while youll know if the honeymoon phase is over or if its gonna last.

As promised at the end of last year the Fuji Secrets book that I got from @Dave70D has been exploited and I'm happy that I have eeked the best setup out of my XT2.

The book is now available for the next person FOC.

First person to quote this post will be the recipient.

Cheers!_20200301_221540.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised at the end of last year the Fuji Secrets book that I got from Dave has been exploited and I'm happy that I have eeked the best setup out of my XT2.

The book is now available for the next person FOC.

First person to quote this post will be the recipient.

Cheers!View attachment 270316
I’d like to take you up on the offer if still available. Cheers Dave

The 50 - 140 is a cracking lens. Only you know if you prefer Fuji or Nikon :)

Back