The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a bit of Silver on Black would look great, so I just need to find where I can get that sort of WR kit for my X100V ?

If you want I can take some images tomorrow of silver on black using my X100F as I have a silver lens hood kit. I can also show the reverse using my X100

Last edited:
Bit late to the party, but re batteries this doesn't trip any X T-3 warnings and was £12.97 on Amazon
Ex-Pro High Power Plus+ 1260mAh Lithium Ion Replacement Battery for Fuji HS30 EXR, HS30 EXR, HS33 EXR, HS33 EXR, X-Pro1, XPro1 - Black

Couple from yesterday morning. Harsh light suited best to b&w I thought. Sandown Isle of Wight.
XT3 14mm

Breaking Sun by Nick Lowe, on Flickr

Morning clouds by Nick Lowe, on Flickr
Great photos, particularly the 2nd one. I went to the Isle of Wight for the first time on Wednesday/Thursday, and have just finished uploading a b&w too, then saw these. Lovely sharp photos with good clarity and exposure.

I was about to give in and pull the trigger on the 18-135 I’ve been thinking of for a while. I dithered and it’s gone oos again. First thoughts were that it was a good thing as I’ve spent too much this week. Not long after that I decided I really need the lens and started sulking that I missed it. :D
To add insult to injury, I think the 18-135mm is just about the best value walkabout lens, VERY underestimated IMO. Had one in the past and was going to get another at the £399 pricetag on the refurb store but I also waited that bit too long.

Last edited:
:plus1:

Not as sharp when pixel peeping but plenty sharp enough in real life (and for prints at A3+). Not as fast wide open. Infinitely better at 56mm and up though!

I am hoping someone can help. I seem to get quite a bit of noise on all my pics at ISO 3200, which I thought the X-T3 was meant to be good at this point. I'm a little disappointed with this, and wondering if anyone else has this problem and if it could be my processing in Lightroom rather than the picture (although I don't think so as I check it before doing anything). This has been with both the 55-200 and 16-80.

Last edited:
I am hoping someone can help. I seem to get quite a bit of noise on all my pics at ISO 3200, which I thought the X-T3 was meant to be good at this point. I'm a little disappointed with this, and wondering if anyone else has this problem and if it could be my processing in Lightroom rather than the picture (although I don't think so as I check it before doing anything). This has been with both the 55-200 and 16-80.

What do you have sharpening set to in LR? [open up a RAW file in LR and check this] Adobe have the default for Fuji cams at 40, this is way too high - it is the first thing I do when I load files from a new Fuji camera into LR - reduce the default sharpening to zero! and only apply it when needed - and on top of this I use mask sharpening. Part of the issue is that with over sharpening, any noise especially at higher ISO levels, gets greatly exaggerated. Try this for a start. I am comfortable shooting up to 6400 with the X-H1. Though the older sensor has actually been proven to be slightly better than the newer one - though the newer T3 sensor holds better sharpness at higher levels. Hence the need to drastically reduce default sharpening for the T3

Can`t really help you sorry, but the X-T3 is fine all the way up to about 12,800 iso.

What do you have sharpening set to in LR? [open up a RAW file in LR and check this] Adobe have the default for Fuji cams at 40, this is way too high - it is the first thing I do when I load files from a new Fuji camera into LR - reduce the default sharpening to zero! and only apply it when needed - and on top of this I use mask sharpening. Part of the issue is that with over sharpening, any noise especially at higher ISO levels, gets greatly exaggerated. Try this for a start. I am comfortable shooting up to 6400 with the X-H1. Though the older sensor has actually been proven to be slightly better than the newer one - though the newer T3 sensor holds better sharpness at higher levels. Hence the need to drastically reduce default sharpening for the T3
It does default with 40, but I do pull it back and play about. But still not good :(

It does default with 40, but I do pull it back and play about. But still not good :(

Set the default way down, it'll save you doing this every time you load up.

Try mask sharpening as I suggested also - Alt + the masking slider, it'll go B&W and show you precisely what is being sharpened - white = sharpened, black = not - tone it down to your preference. Can you post an example of what you find 'too noisey'?

Are you using the Clarity slider too much in LR ?

This, also the new texture slider - I ony use them via the adjustment brush, so I can be very selective where applied. The texture option in particular really messes with any noise.

Set the default way down, it'll save you doing this every time you load up.

Try mask sharpening as I suggested also - Alt + the masking slider, it'll go B&W and show you precisely what is being sharpened - white = sharpened, black = not - tone it down to your preference. Can you post an example of what you find 'too noisey'?
Social Media-.jpg
Was shot at f6.4 ISO 3200. I appreciate it is dusk, am I being too picky and expecting too much?
Social Media-2834.jpg
This was at ISO 2000 f55, yes at dusk again (and spot highlighted the sheep)

Hmm maybe using Clarity and Texture a little too much, but I do watch this too (but do love the new texture...)

Last edited:
View attachment 271839
Was shot at f6.4 ISO 3200. I appreciate it is dusk, am I being too picky and expecting too much?
View attachment 271840
This was at ISO 2000 f55, yes at dusk again (and spot highlighted the sheep)

I know this forum has a tendency to soften images, but these don't look very noisey to me? Also, how much are you pushing exp comp in post? if you are really pushing it you will get noise, no matter what system you shot with. Getting exp correct, or as close to, while shooting helps a bunch.

I wanted and needed the keepers that night, so bounced the iso right up and the band were well chuffed.

Been looking at your Flickr you really get some great images out of your Fuji chap. Impress

Back