The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Xh1, so far very impressed (build, evf, LCD, handling, amazing shutter) but not had a chance to use an AF lens and that will be important for me. The samples I took yesterday were with it, couple pages back but with an old manual prime.

Saw the cats lovely pictures.

When you say evf and lcd are they better than Sony.

Saw the cats lovely pictures.

When you say evf and lcd are they better than Sony.

Better spec than the A7III on both I believe. But then the evf on the 7III is apparently pretty poor by today's standards? The evf on the H1 is as good as you'll get for APSC at least. 3.69m dot evf

Will fuji warranty the WR if you don't use a fuji filter?

You honestly think Fuji or any other manufactures would honour water damaged bodies that are supposedly weather sealed [emoji6]
I can always swap out for a Fuji filter but they aren’t anything special, just screw on like other filters.
I prefer B+W filters over any others as never had any optical issues with them. :)

Last edited:
You honestly think Fuji or any other manufactures would honour water damaged bodies that are supposedly weather sealed ;)
I can always swap out for a Fuji filter but they aren’t anything special, just screw on like other filters.

It's only WR with the kit, the literature is very specific. I'd personally just play it safe, but it's your camera.

It's only WR with the kit, the literature is very specific. I'd personally just play it safe, but it's your camera.

The WR kit is nothing new, Fuji have just bundled their AR-X100 filter Adaptor and PRF-49 protector filter into one price, calling it a WR kit.
I can always buy a PRF-49 protector filter at a later date if required but it’s not as slim as the B+W filter.

It’s clever marketing as the AR-X100 and PRF-49 have been available for years prior to the X100V’s announcement. :)

The problem with going down the Fuji WR kit route was that I couldn’t find a original Fuji hood on its own and that the Fuji filter may introduce more IQ issues compared to the B+W filters which I have used in the past.

I’m happy going down the B+W route for now as a perceive them to be better quality :D

Xh1, so far very impressed (build, evf, LCD, handling, amazing shutter) but not had a chance to use an AF lens and that will be important for me. The samples I took yesterday were with it, couple pages back but with an old manual prime.

If AF was important, the X-H1 wouldn’t have been the best route..... :(
I tried it out and it wasn’t great tbh.

Think am going have to stop coming in here

Andrew, from time to time you visit this thread, and fawn over the images in it. The reality is that you have some excellent kit, and the processing tools to go out and make images like these for yourself. Halt the GAS, get your camera, and go and use it!!!! If you bought a Fuji, you will not be happy with the AF speed, the Eye AF (the non-existent Animal AF) and the fact that ultimately its not FF ( a requirement for you). I said all this to @snerkler when he thought an X-T100 might solve all his woes, I said that if he bought it, it would be going back (and I was right!!). Stick with what you have, don't add any gear, just use it more.

Last edited:
Andrew, from time to time you visit this thread, and fawn over the images in it. The reality is that you have some excellent kit, and the processing tools to go out and make images like these for yourself. Halt the GAS, get you camera, and go and use it!!!! If you bought a Fuji, you will not be happy with the AF speed, the Eye AF (the non-existent Animal AF) and the fact that ultimately its not FF ( a requirement for you). I said all this to @snerkler when he thought an X-T100 might solve all his woes, I said that if he bought it, it would be going back (and I was right!!). Stick with what you have, don't add any gear, just use it more.
TBF it wasn't the difference between APS-C and FF it was that the AF was pants ;) But the X-T100 was never going to be a replacement, it was for a travel camera. The X-T3 was the camera I was seriously looking at to consolidate two systems into one, and it was only the ergonomics with bigger lenses that stopped me (y)

But I agree with your sentiment (y)

TBF it wasn't the difference between APS-C and FF it was that the AF was pants ;) But the X-T100 was never going to be a replacement, it was for a travel camera. The X-T3 was the camera I was seriously looking at to consolidate two systems into one, and it was only the ergonomics with bigger lenses that stopped me (y)

But I agree with your sentiment (y)

This what I agree with

Could we get these presets for other cameras

The XF14mm is now £479 omg, I wanted that lens ages ago for my indoor church shots.

You know you want it :) It`s calling you to hit that button.
I really like mine. Small, light and silly sharp (y)

Could we get these presets for other cameras
You can get film presets that are close to the Fuji ones. VSCO have some as well as others. I don't think they're identical, but close.

Andrew, from time to time you visit this thread, and fawn over the images in it. The reality is that you have some excellent kit, and the processing tools to go out and make images like these for yourself. Halt the GAS, get your camera, and go and use it!!!! If you bought a Fuji, you will not be happy with the AF speed, the Eye AF (the non-existent Animal AF) and the fact that ultimately its not FF ( a requirement for you). I said all this to @snerkler when he thought an X-T100 might solve all his woes, I said that if he bought it, it would be going back (and I was right!!). Stick with what you have, don't add any gear, just use it more.

Sorry to trouble you again. Seems like I can’t enquire or talk anywhere

If AF was important, the X-H1 wouldn’t have been the best route..... :(
I tried it out and it wasn’t great tbh.

Will wait and see, the XT1 was pretty crap but I still got loads of fantastic photos with it. Id bet ts much better.

Last edited:
Sorry to trouble you again. Seems like I can’t enquire or talk anywhere

Andrew, you are not troubling me at all, I just a firm believer in making the best use of the kit that you have and not succumbing to GAS at every opportunity. This has pretty much been my stance on this forum with any poster over the last few years. There is some brilliant work out there (and on TP) with one camera, one lens, and by simplifying what we have, and what we carry about, we can concentrate more on the image, rather than letting the gear get in the way. In the last couple of years I've been simplifying my gear, and yes I've purchased some stuff, but it is to meet a particular photographic goal. By doing this I believe the standard of my photography has improved, and that's to my eyes, because that is ultimately who I'm trying to please. If other people like it, then that's cool, if they don't like it that's cool as well, I don't need forum affirmation to continue on my journey.

Andrew, you are not troubling me at all, I just a firm believer in making the best use of the kit that you have and not succumbing to GAS at every opportunity. This has pretty much been my stance on this forum with any poster over the last few years. There is some brilliant work out there (and on TP) with one camera, one lens, and by simplifying what we have, and what we carry about, we can concentrate more on the image, rather than letting the gear get in the way. In the last couple of years I've been simplifying my gear, and yes I've purchased some stuff, but it is to meet a particular photographic goal. By doing this I believe the standard of my photography has improved, and that's to my eyes, because that is ultimately who I'm trying to please. If other people like it, then that's cool, if they don't like it that's cool as well, I don't need forum affirmation to continue on my journey.

Thank you

Yes I agree with you there. My gear is plenty good enough i know I just need one more lens a long lens as I do use them when I’ve got them

Back