The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Got the Xbox one and Forza 7 coming Wednesday, and the TV tomorrow. Then I will buy and download some more games, racing and shooter games (y)

Nice choice.

I too suffer with mental health issues, it's not an easy thing to admit so kudos, and especially in the times we're living in, look after yourself - gaming is a great idea, used to help distract me a lot - still does but nowadays I only really play card based games [Hearthstone, Gwent etc] Mostly because the only console I got now is an old xbox 360 and my laptop isn't reliable for anything graphically decent. Have thought about an xbox one or ps4 as they should drop in price now with the new ones on the way

Got the Xbox one and Forza 7 coming Wednesday, and the TV tomorrow. Then I will buy and download some more games, racing and shooter games (y)

Have a think about Game Pass mate. Loads of games on there and some deals on the sub if you do a bit of Googling. I'm paid up until Xmas on mine. Just started GTA5 again. Forgot how entertaining it is.

Have a think about Game Pass mate. Loads of games on their and some deals on the sub if you do a bit of Googling. I'm paid up until Xmas on mine. Just started GTA5 again. Forgot how entertaining it is.

Love gta, think ill also start it again.

Nice choice.

I too suffer with mental health issues, it's not an easy thing to admit so kudos, and especially in the times we're living in, look after yourself - gaming is a great idea, used to help distract me a lot - still does but nowadays I only really play card based games [Hearthstone, Gwent etc] Mostly because the only console I got now is an old xbox 360 and my laptop isn't reliable for anything graphically decent. Have thought about an xbox one or ps4 as they should drop in price now with the new ones on the way

I have to say, Susie has been a fantastic help over the last couple of days as she is now sharing the same bed as me.

All this talk on "Games Consols" & Xbox etc, etc, must admit I've never even had a go on one. As most of you know.
"I'VE LED A VERY SHELTERED LIFE". ;);)

George.

I've been a gamer since the early 80s, the Sega master system was my first console, only the rich kids had pcs like the commodore 64, Amstrad or zx spectrum. I remember befriending some of them just so I'd get to play on their pc when I called round lol. Have had many a console since, right up to the 360 bit skipped this gen, lost the appetite for it finally, maybe. Last good games I played were Gta5, still have it and I did clear it, Skyrim and Red dead redemption 1

Thanks mate, I don't use them a lot plus a large dose of OCD when it comes to looking after my man gear LOL

And so it should be that way :) But pads are known to crack up, and for some unknown reason nobody makes pads that don`t. I guess it`s one of those sneaky money add ons ;)

I'll probably not get much chance to compete in this new weekly challenge at least at the moment as I've agreed to do some deliveries to remote places in "Choppy" for this public effort to help try and curb this dreadful Covid 19. Let's hope we all stay safe & avoid it.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party with this snap, and I know some of you have already posted similar shots but here's my interpretation of the "Kitchen" challenge.
Just a simple close up type Fujigraph taken in my home studio of an egg balanced on a couple of forks. Shot taken using three studio flash heads, each with a largish soft box fitted and against a black paper backdrop.

X-H1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 125th @ F8, ISO-200, Multi Studio Flash.
Breaky-03395 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
I'll probably not get much chance to compete in this new weekly challenge at least at the moment as I've agreed to do some deliveries to remote places in "Choppy" for this public effort to help try and curb this dreadful Corvid 19. Let's hope we all stay safe & avoid it.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party with this snap, and I know some of you have already posted similar shots but here's my interpretation of the "Kitchen" challenge.
Just a simple close up type Fujigraph taken in my home studio of an egg balanced on a couple of forks. Shot taken using three studio flash heads, each with a largish soft box fitted and a black paper backdrop.

X-H1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 125th @ F8, ISO-200, Multi Studio Flash.
Breaky-03395 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Nice one, George. Perfect lighting :thumbs

Hey, no worries an what, and when you post any pix. It`s only to try and keep us occupied (and not go on a spending spree). Your cause right now is much more important :)

Nice one, George. Perfect lighting :thumbs

Hey, no worries an what, and when you post any pix. It`s only to try and keep us occupied (and not go on a spending spree). Your cause right now is much more important :)
You what ? So far i've bought a coffee machine and a pair of headphones for this game, where do I send the invoice ? ;)

Thank you, the pro3 is STILL going for FREE but it might be a while till it does get posted. I thought a nice new 32inch LG TV and Xbox one will really help pass the time, plus I`m missing my girlfriend like hell but she has to work.
Great idea Dave, brilliant coping mechanism. I am a playstation freak! even at the ripe old age of 61! Have been a Prison Officer for nearly 35 years, a job that certainly taxes you at times and as I get older I am struggling with it which does burn you out mentally. Photography is my main love and coping strategy but that is becoming very difficult as we all know at the moment. A few hours immersed in Modern Warfare helps take my mind off things though :)

Thank you, the pro3 is STILL going for FREE but it might be a while till it does get posted. I thought a nice new 32inch LG TV and Xbox one will really help pass the time, plus I`m missing my girlfriend like hell but she has to work.

Dave. Gaming sounds like a good distraction. Surprised to see you’re now letting the X-Pro3 go. Thought it’d be your X-Pro2

EA access for £18 a year allows access :) to a while back catalogue of EA games. Great value. Titanfall has to be one of the most fun fps of all time. Don't have much time to turn on any of my consoles these days

A couple of shots with a Jupiter 8 lens on my X-E3 - both at f 5.6 (I think)

It was a glorious start to the day with clear blue sky and a low sun - it felt good to be alive and all the woes of the world were temporarily forgotten. I find walking and nature a remarkable therapy - and mucking about with cameras and 'crappy' old lenses just great fun - if not taken too seriously.

Entitled 'The way home' - cos it is
clear.png

The way home by Andrew R, on Flickr

This is a little stream which flooded the recent weeks so it's still looking a bit drab - but it will soon burst forth with flora:-
Over the bridge by Andrew R, on Flickr

It's my way of coping with the lockdown - and the dog gets walked at the same time

Thanks for showing me. I tried to join but I need an invite.

There should be some sort of request to join thing, which everyone has used (y)

All I can see is a Join button, when clicked I get the message....by invitation only

Is there no "send request" clicky? I`ve only got the one account, so can`t really check. If you post a link to your flickr, I`ll see if I can do it that way around.

Back