The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

More printing - Dinorwic (again!)

SGvNJy6h.jpg

A 1000 apologies Fuji Snappers but here's a little snap I did for the Glass Challenge and totally forgot to post it. Sorry for the delay but I'm under so much pressure at the moment I don't know my a** from my elbow.

Just a simple close up type Fujigraph taken in my home studio of a clear light bulb being smashed by a hammer. This was all done in camera and not via PP.

X-H1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/125th @ F8, ISO-200, Multi Studio Flash.
Smash-03396 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

It gains about a minute each hour so it will probably be more accurate if it just stops!

Well for twice a day, anyway ;)

I have "Water Splash" as one of the themes for the group, so a watch might be a cool route, so thanks for that (y)

Well for twice a day, anyway ;)

I have "Water Splash" as one of the themes for the group, so a watch might be a cool route, so thanks for that (y)
Let me give you two pieces of advice. First, use a watertight container. I got half way between sink and table before I realised what that sound of pouring water was. Second, don't use teenage son as the person dropping the watch. "3-2-1-now" means "anytime you feel like getting round to it" to teenagers, apparently

Let me give you two pieces of advice. First, use a watertight container. I got half way between sink and table before I realised what that sound of pouring water was. Second, don't use teenage son as the person dropping the watch. "3-2-1-now" means "anytime you feel like getting round to it" to teenagers, apparently

Argh that sounds messy ... Haha typical teenager, no sense of pretty much anything to do with helping the old man get something done. I guess he was itching to get back to gaming ;)
I`m ok with the container :) I got an acrlyc cube (minus one side) which I`ve used before.

Now that I like and feel the need to try myself.
Love the lighting - did you use flash?

Thanks, Stuart :)

Nope, no flash, just natural light. But that, or a torch could be another experiment for sure ;)

Last edited:
Damn, I`m taking a hell of a lot more pix ....
Just my tumble dryer, with a touch of PS twirl ;)

H1 14mm f2.8 1/30 iso400

Vortex by Paulie-W, on Flickr

“Excellent” Fujigraph, great idea and well presented.

George.

I don't use any peaking when manual focusing on the H1, I just use magnify focus - by pressing the rear dial in with my thumb, I've just gotten used to this method over time - I find colour peaking is often off a little
Yes, I've found I get better results using this approach with manual lenses too.

I had a bit of a play with Capture One 20 today, using layer masking, turned out OK I think, but i'm sure i'll do better (neater) once my Wacom pad arrives ...

X-Pro2; XF18-55 @ 44mm; f6.4; 1/450; ISO200

Back