The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Pondering on the Samyang 12mm F2, anyone still using that little gem? I had one for M43 never owned one for Fuji but I do remember liking it. Only sold it on because at the time I bought a Pana Leica 15mm 1.7 and they were too close in FL. Or, I might hold on for the Viltrox 85mm mkII to become readily available - Very different lenses I know , if I could I'd have both but it's one or t'other

Pondering on the Samyang 12mm F2, anyone still using that little gem? I had one for M43 never owned one for Fuji but I do remember liking it. Only sold it on because at the time I bought a Pana Leica 15mm 1.7 and they were too close in FL. Or, I might hold on for the Viltrox 85mm mkII to become readily available - Very different lenses I know , if I could I'd have both but it's one or t'other

I could be persuaded to sell mine, only used it once in last 12 months!!

Would depend on price really, I was eyeing it on einfinity it's nicely priced on there and I would expect anyone to beat that by a good chunk

That's a short conversation then :ROFLMAO: and that's a good price from them. Mine wouldn't be a lot less than that once postage was taken into account, not even worth troubling the classifieds for.........................

That's a short conversation then :ROFLMAO: and that's a good price from them. Mine wouldn't be a lot less than that once postage was taken into account, not even worth troubling the classifieds for.........................

Understandable, it's one of those lenses you're always going to lose on when selling on. Hence the pondering by me too, I know I'll look to sell it on down the line [esp if i ever get me mits on another 16 1.4!] - same probably with that 85mm, not sure how often I'll use it but it is enticing for the money

Last edited:
Understandable, it's one of those lenses you're always going to lose on when selling on. Hence the pondering by me too, I know I'll look to sell it on down the line [esp if i ever get me mits on another 16 1.4!] - same probably with that 85mm, not sure how often I'll use it but it is enticing for the money

Possibly because it's quite a hateful thing, and there are loads of them about as well. If a fell over a Zeiss 12mm (cheap) the Samyang would be dust.......................

One from the X100V today in the new forest, battled with harsh light as expected most of the morning. Roll on the Autumn :)

BREP6Hg.jpg

s2GVVBk.jpg

Last edited:
One from the X100V today in the new forest, battled with harsh light as expected most of the morning. Roll on the Autumn :)

BREP6Hg.jpg

Lovely woodland Fujigraph, maybe harsh light but it works very well with this scene.

George.

If anyone happens to know where I could order the Viltrox 85mm 1.8 mkII that actually delivers to the UK and Ireland, please let me know. The Viltrox site do not it seems.

If anyone happens to know where I could order the Viltrox 85mm 1.8 mkII that actually delivers to the UK and Ireland, please let me know. The Viltrox site do not it seems.

Amazon listing is a bit confusing, the pic seems to show a Mkii to me. Might be worth asking.

Or this one...

Cheers, that one doesn't deliver to Ireland, I have contacted them, but also found another thanks to your link - just a bit wary as these sellers claim to be UK based, have good feedback and are selling below usual prices - seems too good almost

[edit] scratch that, the one I found £10 cheaper that does deliver here is actually for the Sony E mount, better be careful of that!

Last edited:
So, my camera bag has ripped and I needs new one as it’s a bit of a squeeze for an X-T2 (I got it when I had an X-T10). Any recommendations for a bag for camera and lens? I was looking a the Lowepro Toploaders on Wex as I’m not into cases or half cases, and have bigger bags for when I’m taking more than one lens.

Cheers, that one doesn't deliver to Ireland, I have contacted them, but also found another thanks to your link - just a bit wary as these sellers claim to be UK based, have good feedback and are selling below usual prices - seems too good almost

[edit] scratch that, the one I found £10 cheaper that does deliver here is actually for the Sony E mount, better be careful of that!
I'd be happy to repost on to you if that would help?

I'd be happy to repost on to you if that would help?

Ooh, that might be an option! You could even give it a quick whirl if you wanted :) see if you might like one too. I'm waiting on them to respond, if they say they can deliver here I might go for it, otherwise I might just take you up on that - obviously i would cover any postage costs

It’s ok, I don’t get on with it, others do

I don’t like the fact you can focus past infinity and I don’t like the colour rendition- probably because it’s quite different to the Fuji glass

I've had a few lenses that focus past infinity, you get the hang of where to set it or you can stick a tiny sticker on at where infinity actually is, do prefer hard stop infinity though if I was doing any kind of astro - which I believe this lens is very good for. As for the colour rendition, I process every image to suit either way so probably wouldn't affect me. I'm veering more toward the 85mm though atm

Woke early yesterday morning, and couldn't get back to sleep so decided to head out with the camera for the first time since lockdown. I was too late for sunrise, but it was just lovely to be out on the beach with pretty much nobody else about :)

Redcar Ripples by Simon Harrison, on Flickr

X-T3 + 18-55mm kit lens.

Cheers,

Simon.

“Excellent” landscape/seascape Fujigraph Simon, pushes all the right buttons for m.

George.

Waiting for my 10mm-24mm from MPB,it says like new,i hope so. :p

Yep i have been pondering about this lens for months,i love the photos i have seen with this lens. :)

Waiting for my 10mm-24mm from MPB,it says like new,i hope so. :p

Great lens. One of my faves for sure.

Yep i have been pondering about this lens for months,i love the photos i have seen with this lens. :)

I love it, it's probably my most used lens these days as I don't shoot wildlife as often as I did. It can make a great walkabout lens, 24mm will work for portraits too.

I have thought about the 8-16 as I fancy the wider aperture, but it's too expensive right now, and I would then have an even bigger gap to my 35 f1.4. The obvious answer for me is a 16-55, so I have 10-24, 16-55, 50-140 and 100-400 all covered....

But I keep thinking about getting a GFX, I love the images I see from these, but it's a big investment....

Back