The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Was probably a pre-FW vid, seen them all pretty much and many reviewers came back with updates

Yes I know I should mutli-quote here but I'm having a Bulmers and playing a game on side so it is what it is :p

The deferences were sharpness and contrast so not anything that fixable with firmware. Again, viltrox looks great for the price. Really great. But just doesn't seem as close to the 90mm when we look closely.

Then when you consider the huge difference in close focus distance and weather resistance the lenses do seem further apart.

Or maybe the guy just had a bad copy.

Back to Cwmorthin and Rhosydd yesterday, windy was an understatement, at times at Rhosydd it was near impossible to stand up! Hat blew away and landed 50m away in the river exit from the main Cwmorthin Lake :eek: Fortunately with the aid of walking poles it could be fished out, drying it out hanging on the back of my rucksack, caught it on the latch of a gate, and broke the strap, obviously destined not to have it :ROFLMAO: Far too windy to use the GSW690III so you'll have to make do with some snaps from the X-H1

Cwmorthin - View From Barracks
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Rhosydd - The Stream From The Adit

200911 Rhosydd
Love that first one!
The composition textures and colours are so nice

This refurbished X-A7 kit looks good value.

Same sensor as the T3/T4, XC15-45 (that's the one with the power zoom I think), Joby Gorilla pod, and a Rode mic. I've been thinking about doing some Vlogging recently, was intending to use the T2, but as I can't get the X-100F I want, maybe this will be useful?

Anybody here have an A7 ?

This refurbished X-A7 kit looks good value.

Same sensor as the T3/T4, XC15-45 (that's the one with the power zoom I think), Joby Gorilla pod, and a Rode mic. I've been thinking about doing some Vlogging recently, was intending to use the T2, but as I can't get the X-100F I want, maybe this will be useful?

Anybody here have an A7 ?

Steve, don’t get blinkered with Fuji for Vlogging, the Fuji focus lock and subsequent tracking is poor when compared to others, and this causes the lens to hunt more, which often creates audible noise.

I bought an Sony ZV-1 for video use, the tracking is awesome and the Bluetooth grip allows you to undertake basic camera control including zooming the lens. The tracking derived from the A7iii knocks spots of my X-H1 doing the same thing.

There is also a Panasonic competitor to the Sony, but I’ve not looked in detail at that.

I shot this yesterday while visiting Old Sarum in Salisbury.

This is an outside wall of the old Bishop's residence, looking across where the Cathedral once stood, and the mound in the background is part of the old Norman Mott & Bailey castle. The thick flint & mud walls have been standing for over 900 years.

The hole in the Wall by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Steve, don’t get blinkered with Fuji for Vlogging, the Fuji focus lock and subsequent tracking is poor when compared to others, and this causes the lens to hunt more, which often creates audible noise.

I bought an Sony ZV-1 for video use, the tracking is awesome and the Bluetooth grip allows you to undertake basic camera control including zooming the lens. The tracking derived from the A7iii knocks spots of my X-H1 doing the same thing.

There is also a Panasonic competitor to the Sony, but I’ve not looked in detail at that.

Lots of people seem to be using the newer bodies (T3/4) with AF in video successfully, from what Ive seen and tested they are pretty impressive depending on the lens (the gen 1 lenses are as expected, slow).

Watching the videos, it looks bang on for the job, especially with the grip. E-Infinity have it for £569, plus £79 for the grip. That's got me thinking....

Watching the videos, it looks bang on for the job, especially with the grip. E-Infinity have it for £569, plus £79 for the grip. That's got me thinking....

That is a very good choice for vlogging. Pretty cheap to considering.

I tried vlogging recently for the 100th time. I look and sound like a monotone t*** :ROFLMAO:. I often wonder if I actually look like this to people and if I do then I'm horrified. Got some Sylvester Stallone going on. Odd. It keeps putting me off so I don't bother. I sold the G7X II. I have recently tried with the X100V and it works nicely and face looks better but still- see above.

I tried vlogging recently for the 100th time. I look and sound like a monotone t*** :ROFLMAO:. I often wonder if I actually look like this to people and if I do then I'm horrified. Got some Sylvester Stallone going on. Odd. It keeps putting me off so I don't bother. I sold the G7X II. I have recently tried with the X100V and it works nicely and face looks better but still- see above.

I'm happier behind the camera too.

The deferences were sharpness and contrast so not anything that fixable with firmware. Again, viltrox looks great for the price. Really great. But just doesn't seem as close to the 90mm when we look closely.

Then when you consider the huge difference in close focus distance and weather resistance the lenses do seem further apart.

Or maybe the guy just had a bad copy.

The CFD is more important to me than ultimate sharpness, and aye I would love that 90mm but it's beyond me and probably always will be. If it was a FL I tended to veer to most I'd have one but for me that region is in the casual zone.

I have just bought an XT4 to replace my old Canon 5DII and would like advice as to which software to use for processing RAF files? I am a bit confused with all the contradictory advice given online. Thank you

I have just bought an XT4 to replace my old Canon 5DII and would like advice as to which software to use for processing RAF files? I am a bit confused with all the contradictory advice given online. Thank you

I've used LR and PS and I can't get on with it on the Fuji. You get Capture One for Fuji cameras free and that processes them the best I've found. It is a new learning curve as it's all different but to prevent the use of two programs for process a file, it's worth it. Or you convert the file format in Capture One then us LR etc. Or Irident then LR etc.

If Adobe don't want to sort out processing for Fuji then they ain't getting anymore of my money.

Last edited:
Anybody know much about flash triggers? I've got a set of Yongnuo RF-603C's. One is modified so that you can switch the pins for different cameras. Worked great with my X-T2 and X100T but I cannot get them to consistently work on my X-T4. I have got them to fire okay on occasion (wish I know what I did!) and the camera will fire a flash straight from the hot shoe no problem. Anybody got any pearls of wisdom? And if I'm flogging a dead horse with the Yongnuos, anybody got any recommendations for some manual triggers. Would need to pretty inexpensive as I use remote flash once in a blue moon.

There's nowt wrong with Adobe on later Fuji files. If you're already used to Lightroom & Photoshop, then stick with it. I also have C1, but very rarely use it.

Anybody know much about flash triggers? I've got a set of Yongnuo RF-603C's. One is modified so that you can switch the pins for different cameras. Worked great with my X-T2 and X100T but I cannot get them to consistently work on my X-T4. I have got them to fire okay on occasion (wish I know what I did!) and the camera will fire a flash straight from the hot shoe no problem. Anybody got any pearls of wisdom? And if I'm flogging a dead horse with the Yongnuos, anybody got any recommendations for some manual triggers. Would need to pretty inexpensive as I use remote flash once in a blue moon.

For manual remote triggers I use the ones from JJC on Amazon. I also have a Godox flash with their own remote trigger, it's a very cheap way of getting a TTL system.

For manual remote triggers I use the ones from JJC on Amazon. I also have a Godox flash with their own remote trigger, it's a very cheap way of getting a TTL system.

Cheers. Would you mind sharing model numbers etc? Just tried the triggers on a Nikon DSLR and Olympus E-M1ii and they work fine. So seems the triggers are fine. Maybe just something weird about the X-T4 hotshoe/firmware.

It's that long since I used an OVF and I learned a lesson today. Always make sure you check your film simulation when using OVF without chimping. Thank gawd I was using Raw & Jpeg! :oops: :$

Last edited:
Back to Cwmorthin and Rhosydd yesterday, windy was an understatement, at times at Rhosydd it was near impossible to stand up! Hat blew away and landed 50m away in the river exit from the main Cwmorthin Lake :eek: Fortunately with the aid of walking poles it could be fished out, drying it out hanging on the back of my rucksack, caught it on the latch of a gate, and broke the strap, obviously destined not to have it :ROFLMAO: Far too windy to use the GSW690III so you'll have to make do with some snaps from the X-H1

Cwmorthin - View From Barracks

Rhosydd - The Stream From The Adit

200911 Rhosydd
Lovely set

After a recent succesful trip for Kingfishers with my new 100-400, I thought I'd give it a bash out on the moors. It's a bit early for the Red Deer rut, but the males have started to split up and look for females. I found this fella with a large group of hinds (he may not big enough to keep them though!) in a farly exposed area. The location and the number of skittish hinds meant it was fairly difficult to approach them, but staying down wind and on my knees in the long grass I managed to shuffle up, bit by bit, close enough top grab these...

Both taken with the X-H1 and 100-400 handheld.

Stag1
by Chris Gash, on Flickr

Stag2
by Chris Gash, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's that long since I used an OVF and I learned a lesson today. Always make sure you check your film simulation when using OVF without chimping. Thank gawd I was using Raw & Jpeg! :oops: :$

Don’t forget you can convert RAW in camera to any Sim you like. And there’s always the wonderful Fuji X Raw download.

After a recent succesful trip for Kingfishers with my new 100-400, I thought I'd give it a bash out on the moors. It's a bit early for the Red Deer rut, but the males have started to split up and look for females. I found this fella with a large group of hinds (he may not big enough to keep them though!) in a farly exposed area. The location and the number of skittish hinds meant it was fairly difficult to approach them, but staying down wind and on my knees in the long grass I managed to shuffle up, bit by bit, close enough top grab these...

Stag1
by Chris Gash, on Flickr

Stag2
by Chris Gash, on Flickr

Two very nice wildlife Fujigraphs Chris, liking both of these very much.

George.

I only ever shoot RAW + Jpeg, even though I never actually use the jpeg files, you can zoom in further on previews than you can with RAW only. But just for WB alone, I learned similar to you before I discovered RAW

Cheers. Would you mind sharing model numbers etc? Just tried the triggers on a Nikon DSLR and Olympus E-M1ii and they work fine. So seems the triggers are fine. Maybe just something weird about the X-T4 hotshoe/firmware.

I can't see any model numbers on them, but they look like this.....

Edit: Heres a LINK:

IMG_3733.jpg

Last edited:

Stag1
by Chris Gash, on Flickr

Stag2
by Chris Gash, on Flickr

Stunning beast, great shots. I'd love a go at a 100-400 some day

So, I've settled on an X100F, but I really want a silver one. If any of you out there have one you want to move on let me know.

Great start to the morning in Studland, Dorset, and how obliging of the canoeists to add interest to my pic ;). There was paddle boarders and people on their yachts coming ashore as well, quite a busy morning at 6.30! Really pleased with quite a few of the shots I took, but here is one of them. Came home before the crowds descend though.
Fuji X-T3 + 16-80
Great way to start the day by Donna White, on Flickr

Great start to the morning in Studland, Dorset, and how obliging of the canoeists to add interest to my pic ;). There was paddle boarders and people on their yachts coming ashore as well, quite a busy morning at 6.30! Really pleased with quite a few of the shots I took, but here is one of them. Came home before the crowds descend though.
Fuji X-T3 + 16-80
Great way to start the day by Donna White, on Flickr
Lovely

So, I've settled on an X100F, but I really want a silver one. If any of you out there have one you want to move on let me know.
clifton have 2 brand new in stock for 765.

think this has 2 year warranty when registered on fuji connect. Clifton are on the drop down list.

Last edited:
Back