The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

"Awaiting stock" according to their web page
just looked and it says limited time offer 2 in stock????

Maybe call or wait for a refurb. One will pop up on the refurb store once you've spent on something else.
I bought another silver F 2 weeks ago from there to pop into my main bag so I don't have to carry the t4/h1 around all of the time. Waited less than a week for one to show on there.

just looked and it says limited time offer 2 in stock????

Maybe call or wait for a refurb. One will pop up on the refurb store once you've spent on something else.
I bought another silver F 2 weeks ago from there to pop into my main bag so I don't have to carry the t4/h1 around all of the time. Waited less than a week for one to show on there.

As it's a discontinued model, I think new stock will be very minimal. I may just have to get a black one.

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 12.03.46.png

Last edited:
Great start to the morning in Studland, Dorset, and how obliging of the canoeists to add interest to my pic ;). There was paddle boarders and people on their yachts coming ashore as well, quite a busy morning at 6.30! Really pleased with quite a few of the shots I took, but here is one of them. Came home before the crowds descend though.
Fuji X-T3 + 16-80
Great way to start the day by Donna White, on Flickr
Wonderful !!!!

The exif for that shot shows 3200 ISO, did you need to be that high? Very little noise though....
For the other settings I was using, yes.
That eddy pool is under trees, which were in leaf, so shaded and not well lit.
As you say, very little noise.

Whilst using my X-Pro1 body;

When using either the XF55-200 and/or XF56 lens it simply won't lock on with auto focus, hasn't done so as long as I can remember....... really don't know the reason behind it but it's so annoying for sure..! Manual focus only with these two lenses.......and totally fine using the XF10-24 lens, very strange.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject or advice please..... Cheers.

Regards;
Peter

Whilst using my X-Pro1 body;

When using either the XF55-200 and/or XF56 lens it simply won't lock on with auto focus, hasn't done so as long as I can remember....... really don't know the reason behind it but it's so annoying for sure..! Manual focus only with these two lenses.......and totally fine using the XF10-24 lens, very strange.

Can anyone shed any light on this subject or advice please..... Cheers.

Regards;
Peter
Sounds odd. I assume they all gave the latest firmware? I don’t have the 55-200 but the 56, and all other lenses I have work fine.

There's nowt wrong with Adobe on later Fuji files. If you're already used to Lightroom & Photoshop, then stick with it. I also have C1, but very rarely use it.
I've used LR and PS and I can't get on with it on the Fuji. You get Capture One for Fuji cameras free and that processes them the best I've found. It is a new learning curve as it's all different but to prevent the use of two programs for process a file, it's worth it. Or you convert the file format in Capture One then us LR etc. Or Irident then LR etc.

If Adobe don't want to sort out processing for Fuji then they ain't getting anymore of my money.
Thank you for your reply, I 'll have a go at both options, I am used to process raw files with LR and PS but I will also try capture1 and see which works best for me

The free version of capture one to convert

i dumped adobe and use luminar .. bit limited but fine and 40 quid

i may get full fat c1 in time but not missing adobe so far

Thank you for your reply, I 'll have a go at both options, I am used to process raw files with LR and PS but I will also try capture1 and see which works best for me

I have no problem processing Fuji raw files with Adobe raw processor.
If you need to add lots of sharpening ( which you should not need to any way, as it is bad practice), you can always do it later, with Photoshop, on a saved tiff. It is then no longer a Fuji raw file, and it behaves exactly the same as a tiff derived from any other sensor.

Last edited:
Weather has been a bit crappy today so I set up my table top to play with lights and objects.

Today's subject matter has a degree of relevance as I have finally taught myself to complete a Rubik's Cube and frankly I feel quite chuffed with myself!

Rubiks Cube by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr
Love the light show background.
How did you create that?

The free version of capture one to convert

i dumped adobe and use luminar .. bit limited but fine and 40 quid

i may get full fat c1 in time but not missing adobe so far
If you wait for Capture One on offer it's only a tennerish more, and to my mind a superior tool.

Last edited:
There's nowt wrong with Adobe on later Fuji files. If you're already used to Lightroom & Photoshop, then stick with it. I also have C1, but very rarely use it.

All the stuff written about difficulties process fuji files made me reluctant to move to Fuji at all. Eventually I did, getting a XH1, and I have absolutely no regrets at all. I have not had a problem with processing and I've kept my normal workflow of Affinity photo and an occasional use of Topaz Denoise Ai with no issues.

So, I've settled on an X100F, but I really want a silver one. If any of you out there have one you want to move on let me know.
I'm seriously toying with buying the X100V so I will be selling my X100F, if you're intereseted let me know and I'll get some photos etc uploaded.

Back