The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have no problem processing Fuji raw files with Adobe raw processor.
If you need to add lots of sharpening ( which you should not need to any way, as it is bad practice), you can always do it later, with Photoshop, on a saved tiff. It is then no longer a Fuji raw file, and it behaves exactly the same as a tiff derived from any other sensor.
Great, thank you for the advice.

Just got home from successfully instaling my daughter at NUA :)

Took a bunch of pix to bore you with, but will just start with this one of the old Norwich Union building (which is now flats).

H1 16-55

Untitled by Paulie-W, on Flickr

"Excellent" Fujigraph Paul, well composed & exposed.

George.

That's a corker of a photo!

Not sure if you tried it but it looks equally good when you spin it around 180 degrees

View attachment 292511

Thanks, Stuart (y)
I got a bunch taken from both ways lol and darker ones with just the lighting on ;) Might try a toned version of the dark one tomorrow.

Just got home from successfully instaling my daughter at NUA :)

Took a bunch of pix to bore you with, but will just start with this one of the old Norwich Union building (which is now flats).

H1 16-55

Untitled by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Cracking image mate, could be out of a Star Wars film.

I really like that!

I wouldn't want to live in it either ;)

Thanks, mate.
haha just goes to show how colour can change things ... That was my first go a split toning too :)

Any third-party alternatives to the XF 10-24mm?

Not really, well not as a wide angle zoom with AF anyway.

There's 3rd party wide angle primes though, one being the Samyang 12mm F2 if you don't mind manual focus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I thought my Google-Fu was just weak. :(

There's obviously a reason why Tamron/Sigma aren't (yet?) interested in the X mount...

Viltrox has an autofocus lens for Fujifilm and 85mm f1.8. It will be available in October and it will cost $379.

This is a site with a surprisingly long list of Fuji fit lenses some very cheap indeed............... mostly out of china.

Last edited:
Viltrox has a new autofocus lens for Fujifilm and 85mm f1.8. It will be available in October and it will cost $379.

This is a site with a surprisingly long list of Fuji fit lenses some very cheap indeed............... mostly out of china.
The viltrox 85 isn't new, it's been around ages. The upcoming 56 is new.

Only viltrox does af, no other 3rd party does.

The viltrox 85 isn't new, it's been around ages. The upcoming 56 is new.

Only viltrox does af, no other 3rd party does.
They must have reverse engineered the fuji protols.

Viltrox has an autofocus lens for Fujifilm and 85mm f1.8. It will be available in October and it will cost $379.

Thanks - that's useful, although it just confirms the Hobsons Choice on WA zoom. I prefer not to change lenses outside if I can avoid it, whis is why I was drawn to the 10-24.

Don`t forget Tokina will be bringing three lenses out (supposedly this year). Just looking on their website, and the do have an adapter for Fuji :) Also a couple of vids using an xt30 with the 11-16

Don`t forget Tokina will be bringing three lenses out (supposedly this year). Just looking on their website, and the do have an adapter for Fuji :) Also a couple of vids using an xt30 with the 11-16

Those are the same lenses as the viltroxes, possibly with better coatings. So not really new.

Those are the same lenses as the viltroxes, possibly with better coatings. So not really new.

Ahh I didn`t know that. My bad ;)

Back