The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm guessing the 150-600 will be a large lens, maybe too large for my X-T3 - but it is one I would be keen on, although looking forward to the 70-300 - AND definitely the Sigma lenses

What are these Sigma lenses of which you speak?

What screen protectors are we using for our cameras my dudes? I've typically bought the GGS/Lamor ones which are great but have been looking at the JJC ones for my X100V mainly due to them being cheaper and lower profile. I just worry that the JJC ones are too thin and will still somehow allow the screen to be damaged.

What screen protectors are we using for our cameras my dudes? I've typically bought the GGS/Lamor ones which are great but have been looking at the JJC ones for my X100V mainly due to them being cheaper and lower profile. I just worry that the JJC ones are too thin and will still somehow allow the screen to be damaged.

Never used one in 8 years of owning X-series cameras, and I've certainly abused a few cameras (especially my X100F), never damaged a screen!!! Can't say I worry about it either!

None here, I can't remember ever using one on any camera. The camera is always in a padded bag in it's own compartment whenever not in use. I've stopped using protectors even on phones as they're all using gorilla glass these days. Just look at Sony cams, they come with protectors but most end up peeling them off as the 'protector' ends up bubbling/peeling/scratching where the LCD would have been just fine.

I've used atFoliX Screen Protection Film for years with no issues, excellent value and do the job.

Available on Amazon for about £6

Never used one in 8 years of owning X-series cameras, and I've certainly abused a few cameras (especially my X100F), never damaged a screen!!! Can't say I worry about it either!
None here, I can't remember ever using one on any camera. The camera is always in a padded bag in it's own compartment whenever not in use. I've stopped using protectors even on phones as they're all using gorilla glass these days. Just look at Sony cams, they come with protectors but most end up peeling them off as the 'protector' ends up bubbling/peeling/scratching where the LCD would have been just fine.

I wish I didn't feel I need to but I sometimes wear the V round my neck and it's rubbing against my zip on my jacket at times, which is probably unlikely to do much, but I'd obsess over a scratch on the screen if it happened.

I wish I didn't feel I need to but I sometimes wear the V round my neck and it's rubbing against my zip on my jacket at times, which is probably unlikely to do much, but I'd obsess over a scratch on the screen if it happened.

Would be worth in that case, I never hang a camera around my neck - the H1 isn't the smallest not lightest for that purpose! You may as well have one on there as not, for peace of mind

I’ve tried expensive and cheap versions, all do the same job and fit perfectly. The last one I bought was a kinokoo?from Amazon for my xf10. 3 in a pack for £8 and fitted with zero bubbles.

ATTENTION: We got updates for the X100V, X-T30 and X-Pro 3 people!

X100V users - I'm excited about number 5 :D

https://fujifilm-x.com/en-gb/global-news/2021/0127_3928592/

Surely, this either has to be a cropped RAW (ie reduced MP), or the original image where the JPG would be the middle - otherwise its going to be an interpolated RAW!!!

In which case the RAW is no different than taking the image without the Digital Teleconverter mode enabled!

I missed the fact that the webcam app can now be used with a Mac....
Time to start playing :)

Surely, this either has to be a cropped RAW (ie reduced MP), or the original image where the JPG would be the middle - otherwise its going to be an interpolated RAW!!!

In which case the RAW is no different than taking the image without the Digital Teleconverter mode enabled!

Hmmmm.....you make valid points that I never even considered! - heads fried with the work I'm doing at the moment. I suppose time will tell.

Does anyone have any experience of a case that can fit an X-T4 in with a 16-55mm 2.8 lens attached? I have a messenger bag but fancy something different more along the lines of a traditional camera case?
I've googled till I can google no more. I even emailed Kaza cases to no avail. :(

Considering a move to a Fuji system. Was looking at the X-T1 or would it be better to go for the X-T2?
Thinking the cheaper body leaving more money for glass. Was intending to get the 16-80f4 then go from there.

Considering a move to a Fuji system. Was looking at the X-T1 or would it be better to go for the X-T2?
Thinking the cheaper body leaving more money for glass. Was intending to get the 16-80f4 then go from there.

The X-T1 is great and produces some lovely Images, but IMO the X-T2 was quite a step up, not just with the bigger MP sensor, but in the handling, things like the joystick for AF selection made it a joy to use. Its just a nicer all round camera.

Also has electronic shutter move Exposure Compensation Range, Faster AF,. better tracking/face detection, brighter EVF, extra axis on rear screen

The X-T1 is great and produces some lovely Images, but IMO the X-T2 was quite a step up, not just with the bigger MP sensor, but in the handling, things like the joystick for AF selection made it a joy to use. Its just a nicer all round camera.

Also has electronic shutter move Exposure Compensation Range, Faster AF,. better tracking/face detection, brighter EVF, extra axis on rear screen

I concur.

I guess it comes down to the type of photography you do. Are you going to need a fast AF etc? If not then the X-T1 is a good option to begin with providing you won't tease yourself with upgrading regularly. If it were me I'd hold out a little longer to get the X-T2. You could always stick up a wanted ad on here as you'll probably get both the lens and body cheaper than you would in the shop. Or even if you at least got an X-T2 cheaper here it would leave you with less of a gap to get that lens.

Like the sound of the 70 - 300...light, very compact for what it is, and not ruinously expensive. But for landscape, not wildlife particularly.
Anyone had a play with one yet?

I'm guessing the X-E1 uses same sensor as X-Pro1 ? And there's no other X body that shares the same sensor as XP1 ?

Cheers
There's also the X-M1 which is Diddy but has the same sensor. Its what started my Fuji journey... Still have it for a walkabout. Great images.

There's also the X-M1 which is Diddy but has the same sensor. Its what started my Fuji journey... Still have it for a walkabout. Great images.
I'd love to get my hands on a minty/used X-M1 at some point......to complete the set.

Cheers

I think the 70-300 is over priced by a long shot, looks no better than similar offerings from Nikon or Canon that can be had much cheaper [going on the suggested retail price of $799 on some sites, it's going to be £800 uk] The preview I saw on it showed it's not the sharpest either.

That gives a nice wide view , however I noticed a small amount of purple fringing in the corners, is this normal and can it be removed in processing .
I haven’t really tried - was a quick edit. I’ll have a look next time I fire up LR.

It’s certainly a viable option if you want to go wide but not pay the price for the WCL-X100. Think it cost me about £70 quid direct from Fujifilm.

That gives a nice wide view , however I noticed a small amount of purple fringing in the corners, is this normal and can it be removed in processing .

Mostly it can be. I get this on the X100V without any additional lenses when the sky is in the image. It gives purple/blue hue but it tends to be easily resolved.

Well update on my poorly xt-30 ( sure you were all on the edge of the seats !)

Back from WEX today who in turn did indeed send it to fuji uk, 9 working days and its back.

Camera looks all clean and new, paperwork somewhat minimal but says new bottom cover and sensor !

Excellent service all round, cant recommend both Fuji UK and Wex enough !

Now to spend a joyous couple of hours trying to remember how I had all the settings :)

Taken the plunge and pre-ordered the 70-300 and 1.4 extender. Delivery some time in March - exact date unknown yet...
There was a special offer for pre-ordering - £200 off the price of the extender! Well, I thought it would be rude not to take them up on that generous offer.
Trading in my 50-140 against it. For my style of photography, I won't miss the 2.8, and I will be saving 500gr so my shoulders will be grateful. :)

Well update on my poorly xt-30 ( sure you were all on the edge of the seats !)

Back from WEX today who in turn did indeed send it to fuji uk, 9 working days and its back.

Camera looks all clean and new, paperwork somewhat minimal but says new bottom cover and sensor !

Excellent service all round, cant recommend both Fuji UK and Wex enough !

Now to spend a joyous couple of hours trying to remember how I had all the settings :)

Sweet, thanks for filling us in. It's good to know it's a decent service. Unsure why Wex wouldn't just cut out the middle man and organise the return under warranty with Fuji but get it collected from your address or something like that. Would be cheaper for them and quicker for the customer. Anyway, 9 days for that kind of repair is pretty solid. I'd love to see inside their repair centre. :)

Taken the plunge and pre-ordered the 70-300 and 1.4 extender. Delivery some time in March - exact date unknown yet...
There was a special offer for pre-ordering - £200 off the price of the extender! Well, I thought it would be rude not to take them up on that generous offer.
Trading in my 50-140 against it. For my style of photography, I won't miss the 2.8, and I will be saving 500gr so my shoulders will be grateful. :)
Ooh that's exciting! Where did you get it from? Is there any pre-reviews out on it yet?

Sweet, thanks for filling us in. It's good to know it's a decent service. Unsure why Wex wouldn't just cut out the middle man and organise the return under warranty with Fuji but get it collected from your address or something like that. Would be cheaper for them and quicker for the customer. Anyway, 9 days for that kind of repair is pretty solid. I'd love to see inside their repair centre. :)

No mystery I live about half a mile from wex in Norwich so dropped off and collected :)

What are you using for processing of this? Loving the look, I also love that combo, as well as with the 56. I must get mine out for a play soon...
I simply used a pre-set in Adobe CC, one of the 'modern' pre-sets from memory - cheers Rick..!

Loving the painterly effect from the X-Pro1 sensor.

Would be great to have the same X-Pro1 sensor in either the GFX50R/GFX100S.

mac

I simply used a pre-set in Adobe CC, one of the 'modern' pre-sets from memory - cheers Rick..!

Loving the painterly effect from the X-Pro1 sensor.

Would be great to have the same X-Pro1 sensor in either the GFX50R/GFX100S.

mac
Yeah, I love the XP1 and XE1 images, the AF not so much! I must say the GFX100S is getting tempting, though the cost of glass is what is putting me off, maybe next year if some of my ventures come off..

Back