The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Lol, so hello almost-1600-page-thread....

I don't shoot much digital any more. My current camera is an X-T2 after upgrading from an X-E1. I'm left-eye dominant. I shot about 50 images in 2019 with it and less than 10 in 2020.

However I'm doing silly things like looking at M10s when really all I probably 'need' is an X-E4 or X-Pro3. I don't print larger than A2.

I really liked the X-E1, but I think the only use I'd have for my Fuji digital is portrait work where I can't f*** up. I've p/x'd quite a few Fuji lenses but the only ones I'd never get rid of are the 50-140 f/2.8, 16mm f/1.4 and 35mm f/1.4.

Question: X-Pro 3, X-E4, or wait for the X-H2(?). I'm not overly bothered by form factor - like I said - left eye dominant. I'd prefer the newest tech because I think this may well be my last digital camera, and I want balance in my hand - esp with that 50-240.

The current X-E4 reviews seem... perfunctory... and the silver version looks pretty naff. Maybe black tape on the black version will save it?? I know - design is a very personal thing...

What do y'all think?

No mystery I live about half a mile from wex in Norwich so dropped off and collected :)

Well that's not too bad then. I don't even you though, how do you stop yourself from buying all the things! Haha. I'd be in there every day I could.

Lol, so hello almost-1600-page-thread....

I don't shoot much digital any more. My current camera is an X-T2 after upgrading from an X-E1. I'm left-eye dominant. I shot about 50 images in 2019 with it and less than 10 in 2020.

However I'm doing silly things like looking at M10s when really all I probably 'need' is an X-E4 or X-Pro3. I don't print larger than A2.

I really liked the X-E1, but I think the only use I'd have for my Fuji digital is portrait work where I can't f*** up. I've p/x'd quite a few Fuji lenses but the only ones I'd never get rid of are the 50-140 f/2.8, 16mm f/1.4 and 35mm f/1.4.

Question: X-Pro 3, X-E4, or wait for the X-H2(?). I'm not overly bothered by form factor - like I said - left eye dominant. I'd prefer the newest tech because I think this may well be my last digital camera, and I want balance in my hand - esp with that 50-240.

The current X-E4 reviews seem... perfunctory... and the silver version looks pretty naff. Maybe black tape on the black version will save it?? I know - design is a very personal thing...

What do y'all think?

What about an X-T4? That would set you up to be almost like a X-H2 based on the current rumours about what they'd include. It's too early to determine if the X-H2 would blow anything current out the water but I doubt it as there's not a lot to improve on from the older model except for new sensor, better IBIS (probably similar to the X-T4) and odds and ends that probably don't matter too much to a photographer but more a videographer.

I had the X-T4 and 50-140 and thise combined were an absolute weapon to use. I say had because I got too caught up with GAS that I didn't take photos due to obsessing over what lenses to use. Now I just have an X100V which is good enough for me and allowing me to focus on photography not gear.

Just some food for though but hope you get what you'd like soon enough :)

Took XH1 out this afternoon to our local golf course to shoot photo's of our collie dog, by accident we bumped into another dog walker and literally grabbed a few shots of her hyper young dog, would hardly sit still.
Quickly set XH1 to 'continuous high' and fired of 4/5 frames and hoped for the best........such a lucky capture for sure.

Untitled by APM Photography, on Flickr

XH1 - XF55-200 - iso 200 - @ f4.4 - 1/50th

mac

Took XH1 out this afternoon to our local golf course to shoot photo's of our collie dog, by accident we bumped into another dog walker and literally grabbed a few shots of her hyper young dog, would hardly sit still.
Quickly set XH1 to 'continuous high' and fired of 4/5 frames and hoped for the best........such a lucky capture for sure.

mac

Lovely Peter

mac
Great shot, I think you'd miss the H1 if you sold it, I know I'd miss mine. :)

mac

love this!

mac
Wonderful!!

If anyone is after a mint little Godox TT350F speedlite, I have put mine in the classifieds........just saying ;)

mac

Great capture [emoji3]

One from the other weekend ...

H1 16-55

Morning by Paulie-W, on Flickr

and my new beasty ;)

Upgrade by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Looks a beast, I kind of miss all the PC stuff since switching to Mac and laptops. Maybe I should have a go at building one again... what's the specs on that?

Can you turn the blue lights off .. they would drive me mad.

Yeah if I want, I can turn all the lights off, but it sits under my desk, so not too bothered about that.

Looks a beast, I kind of miss all the PC stuff since switching to Mac and laptops. Maybe I should have a go at building one again... what's the specs on that?

Thanks, mate, it was funto build, and haven`t done anything for a few years now. Figured it was about time, and stops me buying lenses (y)
It`s nowhere near top end. But speeds through C1 and PS :)

Spec wise:

Ryzen 5 3600
B-450 ii gaming
Hyper 212 black edition
32gb 3200mhz ram
GTX 1650 gpu (already had)
Fractal Design R6 (with changed PCI covers for an little more air flow)

All the drives I had already:

500 gb SSD
3tb HDD internal
2 usb hard drives as backup

Last edited:
Yeah if I want, I can turn all the lights off, but it sits under my desk, so not too bothered about that.

Thanks, mate, it was funto build, and haven`t done anything for a few years now. Figured it was about time, and stops me buying lenses (y)
It`s nowhere near top end. But speeds through C1 and PS :)

Spec wise:

Ryzen 5 3600
B-450 ii gaming
Hyper 212 black edition
32gb 3200mhz ram
GTX 1650 gpu (already had)
Fractal Design R6 (with changed PCI covers for an little more air flow)

All the drives I had already:

500 gb SSD
3tb HDD internal
2 usb hard drives as backup
Very nice, just been looking at components on Overclockers UK, whicg=h is where I used to frequent when I was into all this, wow... prices have gone up somewhat.. I think a GFX100S will be first :)

Very nice, just been looking at components on Overclockers UK, whicg=h is where I used to frequent when I was into all this, wow... prices have gone up somewhat.. I think a GFX100S will be first :)

Thanks, mate :)

100s does look like a lovely camera, but the glass is crazy dear :( That would be one body, and one lens for a long long time ;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks, mate :)

100s does look like a lovely camera, but the glass is crazy dear :( That would be one body, and one lens for a long long time ;)
That’s what is holding me back.

That’s what is holding me back.

Tell me about it. Dropping another best part of 2k on a lend is too much for me, unfortunately (of fortunately, depending on how you look at it ;))

Tell me about it. Dropping another best part of 2k on a lend is too much for me, unfortunately (of fortunately, depending on how you look at it ;))
Yeah, that is how it is with me, the problem is, I just know that at some point I will be taking the leap. I am in the same boat with changing my car, the fact the 911 GTS and RS6 are so expensive is great, but on the other, not so much!

Yeah, that is how it is with me, the problem is, I just know that at some point I will be taking the leap. I am in the same boat with changing my car, the fact the 911 GTS and RS6 are so expensive is great, but on the other, not so much!

Hell, just go for it all .... GFX100s and RS6 sounds like a plan to me ;)

Back