The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm thinking about wide-angle options for my Fuji X-Pro2/X-E2s.

One of my favourite lenses on my old Nikons is the Sigma 10-20 and I have a Nikon/Fuji manual adaptor......so its possible that I can stick with that........but I'm wondering what other options to explore. TBH I'm not really minded to splash out on a Fuji XF 10-24 even at used prices..............and the very affordable 16mm f2.8 prime isn't that much wider than the 18-55 lens I've already got.

So............suggestions/comments please about the third party offerings out there

Cheers

Cheap and good is the Samyang 12mm - s/h around £175 - manual focus though, but really not a problem with something so wide, just stick it around 2m and everything from your feet to the horizon will be in focus!

I have been experimenting with old lenses at the moment. Pentax, Helios etc. But fear not, I have returned to the fold with this one. It was taken with a Fuji 35mm lens with an M42 mount and a massive great aperture of 3.5. But it does produce some stunning results. I was amazed, to be honest. I think you'd struggle to tell it apart from a modern lens.

DSCF0705 (2) by Neville Watkins, on Flickr

With me not getting out much at all at the moment, and when I do, struggling to take even an X-T2 or 3 body with the 100-400 (I like shooting the birds) I have started to consider whether I should look at Micro 2 Thirds as a suitable alternative.

I know I would miss the "analogue" approach of the Fuji, but there's not much point if it's not being used. Anyone here had experience of M2T, especially the Olympus range?

Not sure this is going to be much of a help Steve because it might well be not a lot lighter but a mate of mine is a very good bird tog went from a Sony A9 and 100-400 to the Olympus OM1 mk3 and 300mm f4 and he has no regrets at all.

So has anyone pre-ordered the 70-300? I think I will get one, but now read that Fuji look like they will launch 150-600!
I went out to photograph the moon tonight over the bay, but it looks tiny again and I need a decent telephoto lens (well that's my excuse)

Ah, how do photographers manage to get the moon to look quite so large?

Not sure this is going to be much of a help Steve because it might well be not a lot lighter but a mate of mine is a very good bird tog went from a Sony A9 and 100-400 to the Olympus OM1 mk3 and 300mm f4 and he has no regrets at all.
I've looked at weights etc and I don't think it will make a lot of difference. Maybe I just need to "man up" and deal with it...

Ah, how do photographers manage to get the moon to look quite so large?

One of the reasons I want a 70-300. You need a telephoto lens to compress (not sure that’s the right word) the scenery.

There’s been some awesome photos of the moon taken lately and I’m very jealous.

So has anyone pre-ordered the 70-300? I think I will get one, but now read that Fuji look like they will launch 150-600!
I went out to photograph the moon tonight over the bay, but it looks tiny again and I need a decent telephoto lens (well that's my excuse)
I took the risk and got a Fringer adapter before Christmas and have been using it with both a Tamron 150-600 and 70-300. I've not had a proper chance to use the longer lens just yet, but I've been really impressed with the 70-300. I only had cheaper versions of this lens in the past, but this is a middle-range lens and it's really nice. Sharp enough, the focus is accurate and better than I was hoping for, and it's a really useful focal range without being ridiculously heavy. Really interested to see the performance of the Fuji lenses when they do come out.

I took the risk and got a Fringer adapter before Christmas and have been using it with both a Tamron 150-600 and 70-300. I've not had a proper chance to use the longer lens just yet, but I've been really impressed with the 70-300. I only had cheaper versions of this lens in the past, but this is a middle-range lens and it's really nice. Sharp enough, the focus is accurate and better than I was hoping for, and it's a really useful focal range without being ridiculously heavy. Really interested to see the performance of the Fuji lenses when they do come out.
I used to have the Tamron 100-400 and bought the fringer adapter when got Fuji, but it didn't always focus and had some issues. Personally I think I sold it too quick and should've waited for updates as it was an awesome lens (and way smaller than the Fuji 100-400 lens).

I used to have the Tamron 100-400 and bought the fringer adapter when got Fuji, but it didn't always focus and had some issues. Personally I think I sold it too quick and should've waited for updates as it was an awesome lens (and way smaller than the Fuji 100-400 lens).

If you are using FF glass on the Fuji with a normal adapter then you will using the sharpest part of the optics (ie in the centre) - only if the adapter has a speedbooster built in might you start to see softness towards the edges, and thats more likely to be the speedbooster glass rather than the lens!

Non-native AF can always be an issue

Last edited:
Have ordered it as a replacement for my 50-140...
The store had a deal coupling the lens with the 1.4 extender, so went for it. ETA 18th of this month...

This was one of my first goes at a long exposure shot on the x-t30 with the xc 35mm, and also one of my first goes using manual settings for a long exposure. I checked back on my IG at some long exposures to look at the settings my x-t100 picked in shutter priority. I took 4 shots with this being my favourite, at iso 400, f 13 for 5 seconds.

DSCF0796 by Tom A, on Flickr

Great prices on Viltrox here

Save an extra 10% wth code AVM10OFF

Just grabbed 85f1.8 £240

I need some advice my good people. I'm struggling to decide.

Currently I possess:

- X-T4
- X-S10
- X100V
- Lenses

I'm due to have my first child in July and a concern I have is time to get to use the equipment. I'll be doing hillwalking before then if lockdown allows. After the birth I'm unsure if I'll have time to do much with the camera other than take photos of family, local landscapes or street.

I've been thinking it's best to off-load everything except for one camera (lenses too if I was only to keep the X100V) based on time constraints and the fact the money would likely come in handy with a newborn but it's not a necessity for this reason.

If you were me then what would you do?

Currently I possess:

- X-T4
- X-S10
- X100V
- Lenses

I'm due to have my first child in July and a concern I have is time to get to use the equipment. I'll be doing hillwalking before then if lockdown allows. After the birth I'm unsure if I'll have time to do much with the camera other than take photos of family, local landscapes or street.

I've been thinking it's best to off-load everything except for one camera (lenses too if I was only to keep the X100V) based on time constraints and the fact the money would likely come in handy with a newborn but it's not a necessity for this reason.

There is only one option - today's delivery :eek:

vjioZtEh.jpg

Currently I possess:

- X-T4
- X-S10
- X100V
- Lenses

In all seriousness, I’d keep the X100V and the X-T4 with a decent zoom and a low light prime.

Unless you are quick, you will struggle to offload gear later in March as the Photography Show offers will be on

In all seriousness, I’d keep the X100V and the X-T4 with a decent zoom and a low light prime.

Unless you are quick, you will struggle to offload gear later in March as the Photography Show offers will be on

That was one option that crossed my mind and I never even thought about the Photography Show so I will need to be hasty. Thanks for your imput on this and I can't wait to see some images with the 50 :p

Currently I possess:

- X-T4
- X-S10
- X100V
- Lenses

Your newborn will soon become a lively toddler. Based on the experience of photographing my granddaughter these past few years I would keep the X-4 and a couple of primes (maybe a zoom too). I don't know which primes you own but the 50mm f2 has given me the best results. Perhaps keep a 23mm for group shots.

Your newborn will soon become a lively toddler. Based on the experience of photographing my granddaughter these past few years I would keep the X-4 and a couple of primes (maybe a zoom too). I don't know which primes you own but the 50mm f2 has given me the best results. Perhaps keep a 23mm for group shots.

I have a 23mm. I used to have a 50mm which I sold a while back but it would be a handy focal length. I can see the logic here so I'm thinkin I'll probably keep the X100V + X-T4 and move on the rest. Thanks for the input!

I have a 23mm. I used to have a 50mm which I sold a while back but it would be a handy focal length. I can see the logic here so I'm thinkin I'll probably keep the X100V + X-T4 and move on the rest. Thanks for the input!
And shoot lots of video, and make sure that the files are kept securely, in several places, and should the format become obsolete, convert and save while you can.
We had a video camera with mini VHS tapes...might as well have not bothered. Got a bag of tapes which are shedding oxide and won't play. But when they worked, we enjoyed looking at moving images much more than still.

And shoot lots of video, and make sure that the files are kept securely, in several places, and should the format become obsolete, convert and save while you can.
We had a video camera with mini VHS tapes...might as well have not bothered. Got a bag of tapes which are shedding oxide and won't play. But when they worked, we enjoyed looking at moving images much more than still.

You make a very valid point here so the X-T4 is defo in and I think I'll keep that and the X100V for sure and look to move the rest on. Thank you!

Back