The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Great image. The tones are really nice escpecially the sea with the glistening of the sun. What did you shoot this with?

Thanks very much. Shot 2 years ago yesterday sitting in the sun at Nice.

Shot with the 90mm on the xt2. I miss that lens a lot.

Yes, I thought it might look familiar to you :) It was a great chance for us to see them training and we are supplying a set of images for them.
I did my original merchant navy fir fighting course at the Speke Airport one in the mid 70’s, brilliant, never forgot what I learned there. Did my first refresher since, about 18 months ago. It still gets hot

Nothing will be done in a hurry David, it's only a couple of years since I did a full system change from Canon to Fuji. I can take the gear out but the following day my back is shagged which takes 3-5 days to clear. Lighter is better, but I need the length (so to speak)...
Don’t think you would really notice the difference, not like changing from FF to Fuji, from Fuji to micro 4/3rds I think is to small a weight saving to warrant the upheaval

So has anyone pre-ordered the 70-300? I think I will get one, but now read that Fuji look like they will launch 150-600!
I went out to photograph the moon tonight over the bay, but it looks tiny again and I need a decent telephoto lens (well that's my excuse)
I’m waiting for the 70-300 to become available in the shops, testing my patience, it will be this years photographic treat to my self.

Yup (y)
Had it 2.5 years so time for a change and also used the buoyant used van market to my advantage.

Nice one, mate.
So what's next, or will you be working on the Bug?

Last edited:
Uh oh.... Email from WEX... the Eagle has landed, the 70-300 has reached this septic isle!

*crosses fingers and walks away muttering 'please don't be crap'*

surely you mean sceptred? I'm not sure I consider myself to be septic!! :LOL: :LOL:

Uh oh.... Email from WEX... the Eagle has landed, the 70-300 has reached this septic isle!

*crosses fingers and walks away muttering 'please don't be crap'*
I'm agog for first reactions from the stalwarts on here...

I'm agog for first reactions from the stalwarts on here...
As long as it has comparable IQ and focus speed/accuracy as the 55-200 I'll be happy.... If it has comparable IQ and focus speed/accuracy as the 55-200 while wearing the 1.,4TC, I'll be delighted.

As long as it has comparable IQ and focus speed/accuracy as the 55-200 I'll be happy.... If it has comparable IQ and focus speed/accuracy as the 55-200 while wearing the 1.,4TC, I'll be delighted.
Yeah, I really like the 55-200. Though I've been having a holiday from it with the pocket rocket combination of x e3 and 27 2.8, and getting used to inching backwards and forwards to compose rather than just zooming. But I'll be back to zooms soon for sure. Just don't think I can justify dropping that much on a new lens, and I can imagine s/h prices being very firm for the forseeable.

The 70-300 is the only lens I'm kind of interested in atm, as I would like the reach for some light wildlife, but also I like it's close focusing ability, 0.33x isn't too shabby for a tele lens that can focus down to less than a meter - be great for the like of butterflies/dragonflies, bees in flight around flowers etc. Should also make for an interesting portrait lens

Be saving for a while first though

Seems that the V has held its price pretty well since launch.

My resistance to buying another new one is faltering - however doing sums makes me realise how stupid and impulsive I can be :ROFLMAO:

I paid £1299 for a new one in June 2020, got £850 back from MPB when I sold it in January.

So if I buy new again at current price of £1295 I will actually have paid £1744.
Whereas if I buy Fuji refurb (that are currently out of stock) at £999 I will have actually paid £1448.

Either way I am a fool it seems.

I did a similar thing with the F - although I had 3 of those :thinking:

Last edited:
Yeah, I really like the 55-200. Though I've been having a holiday from it with the pocket rocket combination of x e3 and 27 2.8, and getting used to inching backwards and forwards to compose rather than just zooming. But I'll be back to zooms soon for sure. Just don't think I can justify dropping that much on a new lens, and I can imagine s/h prices being very firm for the forseeable.

Oh. I totally get that. My 27mm is practically welded to the front of my X-T2, and it goes in my work bag (when the office is open), in my hoody pocket if I'm out with the kids, and in my tank bag if I'm out on the bike. It's a great combination.... but it is however pretty crap at wildlife! :ROFLMAO:

Looks like Fujifilm just released a firmware update to the Fuji XT3

https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support/download/firmware/cameras/x-t3/

Version 4.1

The firmware update Ver.4.10 from Ver.4.00/4.01 incorporates the following issues:
1. Display of IP ADDRESS in Setup Menus > CONNECTION SETTING > INFORMATION is added.
2. Improvement of shutter speed setting for TTL slow sync flash shooting

In P and A mode, this firmware makes the slowest shutter speed slower than 1/8 sec. for the shooting used in a scene where relatively long exposure is required (ex. a flash shooting with night view background). In case the shutter speed setting is AUTO, the shutter speed becomes max. 4 sec in P mode and max. 30 sec. in A mode.
3.Fix of minor bugs.

Obvioulsy the most useful as always is number 3 ;)

Quick one folks; I've had the Viltrox 23mm f1.4 and its a cracker of a lens considering the price; I do still have Fuji 23mm love but the Viltrox is good!
Are the 33mm and 85mm as good?

Ive got the 85 and like you the 23. Gotta say they are both superb. Skipped the 33 as I have the Fuji 35 f1.4. In my opinion the 85 for portrait has a lovely dreamy look wide open.

@chrism_scotland

@chrism_scotland

Thanks Trevor; I knew I'd seen somewhere selling these at a good price somewhere!

Back