The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I’ve just got my new X100v. I want to keep the weatherproof filter on at all times. But the lens cap doesn’t now fit.
Anyone know a workaround?

Yes I’ve got the Fuji set. I bought used from Wex (as new condition).

Oddly it doesn't fit which you know. I'm unsure why they wouldn't have taken that into consideration and put a bigger lens cap in with the kit. The only way would be to use different equipment I.e. the JJC hood with the filter inbetween or even the Hoage hood with build in filter as a replacement entirely which is below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CC2BMP8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_33VKD5BYCF17MBYQSHJ8

The only other thing I can think of is the above link looks like a larger area hood and they've created a third-party cap to fit it so this too should be larger and if it is it might actually be the cap you need to fit the weather seal kit. Now I can't confirm this to be true or be certain but its worth a punt or ask the seller a question. Here's the cap:

Last edited:
Here is the lens
3BAF6E8D-C4C3-460D-9CA6-EBD1C45B3C7A.jpeg

Last edited:
It's an interesting result, that's for sure.

It's an interesting result, that's for sure.
Im enjoying it atm but im sure some where along the road it will end up either sitting in a bag or a cupboard somewhere down the road !

A little trip tec all shot from the same spot and just a little wiggle with my wobbly thingy

Attachments

• 273335FC-0C7D-44ED-B5DC-AE0C8F73E34A.jpeg
    273335FC-0C7D-44ED-B5DC-AE0C8F73E34A.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 43
  • E3BB5213-A385-4186-BDB6-3618A9BBE105.jpeg
    E3BB5213-A385-4186-BDB6-3618A9BBE105.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 3B153F97-2FD0-411E-BABB-FCAFDD9681CE.jpeg
    3B153F97-2FD0-411E-BABB-FCAFDD9681CE.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 39
And here it is folks

Attachments

• 26A15695-3484-4BC5-84E8-760CAF20358C.jpeg
    26A15695-3484-4BC5-84E8-760CAF20358C.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 32
I can't actually see anything in those 3 shots above that is actually in focus.... The effect is great, but it does need to actually deliver something sharp, surely.

I can't actually see anything in those 3 shots above that is actually in focus.... The effect is great, but it does need to actually deliver something sharp, surely.

Not if you want a dreamy effect - try a pinhole lens on an X series camera!!!

Or diffusion filters - not everything has to be sharp

Last edited:
[/QUOTE

Last edited:
As I said perhaps in a steadier pair of hands and better eyesight (cataracts) someone could get far better results.
I am severely disabled but enjoying my photography for the first time in a well over a year!
I’m sure a bit of PP could improve things
But I’m enjoying what I’m doing including the criticism
Hope you have a good weekend

I discovered that the Xt3 has some kind of crop mode last week. I was stood on the shores of Wastwater, begging for some light on the fells, (I didn’t get any), when I noticed that my images’ framing looked off. Seems I’d bumped the touchscreen with my nose and activated this ‘feature’ by mistake. Could I figure out what I’d done or, more importantly how to undo what I’d done.? No chance. No phone signal by the lake either so I couldn’t Google it. Stupid ******* touchscreen is off and will stay off. It’s called ’sports finder’ mode or something like that, apparently. My Xt3 manual now lives in the bag with the camera. Lesson learnt. Maybe. :p
Interesting, thanks for posting

Not if you want a dreamy effect - try a pinhole lens on an X series camera!!!

Or diffusion filters - not everything has to be sharp

Maybe it's my brain then David, as I seem to need a "focal point" in an image, and in my head, a focal point should be in focus. Now, as we all know, art is art, and very subjective; but as I tend to have a fairly logical way with most things, maybe that's why I also struggle with things like ICM.

Maybe it's my brain then David, as I seem to need a "focal point" in an image, and in my head, a focal point should be in focus. Now, as we all know, art is art, and very subjective; but as I tend to have a fairly logical way with most things, maybe that's why I also struggle with things like ICM.

Its whatever the image maker wants it to be, we are all different so different things float our boats, but often its good to try other types of photography as it starts to focus us on what we really like. Its all part of the journey

Last edited:
Its whatever the image maker wants it to be, we are all different so different things float our boats, but often its good to try other types of photography as it starts to ficus us on what we really like. Its all part of the journey

Art is art, it's all subjective.

Any of you togs want a good laugh?
I PMSL when i read this statement from someone offering critique on a perfectly fine image a friend posted FB!
You need a ND1000 10stop filter for shooting waterfalls o_O:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: was the advice ?
so i went and did one to show the result !
yes I know most of you will already of guessed the result !
But here it is

ND1000 ie:10stop filter for waterfalls isn't a good recommendation ! by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back