The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Can anyone shed light to my query please;

If using Viltrox 85mm lens attached to either XE1/X-Pro1, how might you control/adjust the aperture via these X bodies..?

Cheers;
mac
I don't know about that lens or those bodies... however, I have an xm1 and on that you control aperture with the wheel on the back if there's no option on the lens itself.

Can anyone suggest a fix for getting my Fuji X-Raw Studio application to work??

It's installed and I can selected whatever images are on my PC but I'm unable to connect it to my X-Pro 2. I have the in-camera settings set to USB RAW CONVERSION mode under the SET UP menu.

I've tried two different USB cables but the camera will still not connect

Thoughts?

Can anyone suggest a fix for getting my Fuji X-Raw Studio application to work??

It's installed and I can selected whatever images are on my PC but I'm unable to connect it to my X-Pro 2. I have the in-camera settings set to USB RAW CONVERSION mode under the SET UP menu.

I've tried two different USB cables but the camera will still not connect

Thoughts?
Have you connected the camera directly into the PC, and not via a hub 'cause hubs can cause connection problems when using this software.

Last edited:
Just fabulous Rick, superb processing, it looks as if you could step into the image and take a seat - awesome..!!

Regards;
mac
Thanks very much

Can I ask which film pre-set did you use Rick..? Or maybe one of your own..?

Fabulous.
I used the lightroom presets red lift matte and then matte after that. I've now saved this myself.

What is the difference between these 2 lenses please apart from cost.
10-24 f4 R OIS WR and the 10-24 f4 R OIS.

Last edited:
The OIS has been improved as well, not sure about the optics.

A slightly different take/angle of my mates BMW motorcycle, I went for a more contrast/gritty/punchy slightly over processed style on this capture. Nice to experiment from time to time.

BMW R1200 by APM Photography, on Flickr

X-E1

Last edited:
Ok so I`ve got an itch that needs scratching, and need some help ;)

Basically it`s a choice between a 70-300 (new), or 100-400 (grey or used). Neither will probably get used that much, but as I say, it`s an itch that needs scratching ;)

Basically it`s a choice between a 70-300 (new), or 100-400 (grey or used). Neither will probably get used that much, but as I say, it`s an itch that needs scratching ;)
Paul;

Have you thought about the in-between lens.....the XF55-200...? It's excellent for the money..!

mac

Paul;

Have you thought about the in-between lens.....the XF55-200...? It's excellent for the money..!

mac

Hey peter :)

Yeah, I had one, and it frustrated the hell outa me, and I never got on with it.

Obviously never tried the new 70-300, but I love my 100-400. What do you intend to shoot with it? If it's birds, you'll need the 1.4TC as well, as small birds don't even make up 1/3 of the frame at 400mm if they are more than a few metres away.

Obviously never tried the new 70-300, but I love my 100-400. What do you intend to shoot with it? If it's birds, you'll need the 1.4TC as well, as small birds don't even make up 1/3 of the frame at 400mm if they are more than a few metres away.

Basically, anything really. Like birds in the garden, and out n about. Possibly some track stuff at Brands Hatch etc. As it stands, my longest lens is the 80mm macro, hence the itch ;)

"It Made Explore" :) :)

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of a discarded & dilapidated boat that is just one of the many things that are scattered about the beach that have just been left behind to rot. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rot & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

Discarded Boat (6)-03534 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Last edited:
Let us know how you get on with them. I've been thinking about getting the 35mm

Just posted a thread up with images shot with it here:

So I was out with the XT20 and the 7Artisans 35mm and the camera kept saying 4000 but red, so presumably it was saying it was too bright. Bearing in mind I set the camera to ISO 100 and was shooting around f4 upwards I would of thought I'd have been no where near 1/4000 sec? Switched to electronic shutter thinking the shutter speeds would be greater set to this and it made no difference! The only way to get out of the red was to choose circa f11 to f16 on the lens to bring the shutter speed down. Is this usual when using manual focus manual lenses on the Fuji or do I have a problem?!

So I was out with the XT20 and the 7Artisans 35mm and the camera kept saying 4000 but red, so presumably it was saying it was too bright. Bearing in mind I set the camera to ISO 100 and was shooting around f4 upwards I would of thought I'd have been no where near 1/4000 sec? Switched to electronic shutter thinking the shutter speeds would be greater set to this and it made no difference! The only way to get out of the red was to choose circa f11 to f16 on the lens to bring the shutter speed down. Is this usual when using manual focus manual lenses on the Fuji or do I have a problem?!

Have you checked that the aperture blades are stopping down when you adjust? The camera will react to light coming through the lens, it doesn't matter that there are no electronics, manual lenses still [usually] work as intended on Fuji bodies. Other than that, was it a really sunny day? 1/4000 is not all that unusual in that case, which is where the advantage of the 1/8000 bodies come in, or switch to electronic shutter and see if that helps on really bright days. It offers a couple extra stops and works just fine with non moving subjects [can cause a jello effect if panning or shooting moving subjects but with manual lenses probably not an issue]

Last edited:

Gareth, just a thought but have you maybe knocked the exposure compensation well out of the neutral position?

"One Happy Bunny" :):)

I doubt for one moment that anyone might be interested, but some might remember I managed to break my left thigh some weeks back. Well on Monday this week I had the plaster cast removed etc and I'm now on the road to full recovery. The leg has lost quite a bit of strength that I guess will take a time or two before it's anywhere near back to normal. I can only jog for about a half mile at the moment before the legs say no more which is nowhere near what I was able to do. Still it's a start at least.

When the work shop (hospital) repaired the leg they put a sleeve thing around the bone for added support and faster healing. This sleeve thing can actually stay there until eternity if I want but it would restrict the bone from developing a bit and at some date in the future if like many people I should need a knee or hip replacement then it would make things a tad difficult, so in the not too distant future I shall go back to the work shop for a bit of surgery to have it removed. But in the mean time I can get out with my cameras again, sorry to bore you with this but as you may guess I'm quite pleased even though I have to pay for the wheel chair that I modified. ;):) :)

Last edited:
"One Happy Bunny" :):)

I doubt for one moment that anyone might be interested, but some might remember I managed to break my left thigh some weeks back. Well on Monday this week I had the plaster cast removed etc and I'm now on the road to full recovery. The leg has lost quite a bit of strength that I guess will take a time or two before it's anywhere near back to normal. I can only jog for about a half mile at the moment before the legs say no more which is nowhere near what I was able to do. Still it's a start at least.

When the work shop (hospital) repaired the leg they put a sleeve thing around the bone for added support and faster healing. This sleeve thing can actually stay there until eternity if I want but it would restrict the bone from developing a bit and at some date in the future if like many people I should need a knee or hip replacement then it would make things a tad difficult, so in the not too distant future I shall go back to the work shop for a bit of surgery to have it removed. But in the mean time I can get out with my cameras again, sorry to bore you with this but as you may guess I'm quite pleased even though I have to pay for the wheel chair I modified. ;):) :)

Nice one, George (y)

Try to be a little more careful in the future eh ;)

Back