The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Glad to hear you can get out n about, without playing at Thunderbirds ;)

At the moment I haven't enough sustained leg strength to operate the foot controls safely, but hopefully within the next week or so I might just be able to give it a go. :) :)

Last edited:
"One Happy Bunny" :):)

I doubt for one moment that anyone might be interested, but some might remember I managed to break my left thigh some weeks back. Well on Monday this week I had the plaster cast removed etc and I'm now on the road to full recovery. The leg has lost quite a bit of strength that I guess will take a time or two before it's anywhere near back to normal. I can only jog for about a half mile at the moment before the legs say no more which is nowhere near what I was able to do. Still it's a start at least.

When the work shop (hospital) repaired the leg they put a sleeve thing around the bone for added support and faster healing. This sleeve thing can actually stay there until eternity if I want but it would restrict the bone from developing a bit and at some date in the future if like many people I should need a knee or hip replacement then it would make things a tad difficult, so in the not too distant future I shall go back to the work shop for a bit of surgery to have it removed. But in the mean time I can get out with my cameras again, sorry to bore you with this but as you may guess I'm quite pleased even though I have to pay for the wheel chair that I modified. ;):) :)
Great to hear on the road to recovery. How long do you think the sleeve thingy will stay in for?

Great to hear on the road to recovery. How long do you think the sleeve thingy will stay in for?

Thank you Donna, appreciate your reply.

"Theoretically the sleeve can be taken out now, but they advised me to leave it for at least about another three weeks or so to try and let my leg get a bit stronger naturally. And as I'm not the type of person to sit around moping or let the grass grow under my feet so to speak I'm kinda guessing it might be a good idea to follow their advice" :) :)

Good to hear you're up and about George. I'm planning a trip down to Dungerness later this year (towards the end of the summer) so may bump into you....

Good to hear you're up and about George. I'm planning a trip down to Dungerness later this year (towards the end of the summer) so may bump into you....

Thank you Steve, appreciate your reply.

"When you do visit Dungeness give me the heads up and if I'm around we could have ourselves a time or two. I've got a cottage out there that I let out for vacations etc and once again if it's not let out at the time and I'm around you'd be more that welcome to stop by for some refreshment etc"

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a Shure 55SH Microphone waiting to be used by a street performer.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/240th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Waiting For The Vocalist-03535 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Stunning - so sharp and almost has a 3D quality to it.

Alan

if you are quick and don't mind a brown body, FujiFilm Refurb have the X100F at £499.

I do not need it, I have a V and a Limited but I suffer from acute GAS and have ordered one.

If I dont like it there is a bob or two to be made selling to some well known buyers.:)

Thanks - have got a V so no need for an F (y)

Drinking Buddies - I felt there was something terribly sad about this guy drinking outside a pub in Burnham on Sea.

X-Pro2 and XF 23mm f/2

Man and Drinking Buddy by Aimless Alliterations, on Flickr

Does seem sad - would have stopped to have a chat with the bloke

"One Happy Bunny" :):)

I doubt for one moment that anyone might be interested, but some might remember I managed to break my left thigh some weeks back. Well on Monday this week I had the plaster cast removed etc and I'm now on the road to full recovery. The leg has lost quite a bit of strength that I guess will take a time or two before it's anywhere near back to normal. I can only jog for about a half mile at the moment before the legs say no more which is nowhere near what I was able to do. Still it's a start at least.

When the work shop (hospital) repaired the leg they put a sleeve thing around the bone for added support and faster healing. This sleeve thing can actually stay there until eternity if I want but it would restrict the bone from developing a bit and at some date in the future if like many people I should need a knee or hip replacement then it would make things a tad difficult, so in the not too distant future I shall go back to the work shop for a bit of surgery to have it removed. But in the mean time I can get out with my cameras again, sorry to bore you with this but as you may guess I'm quite pleased even though I have to pay for the wheel chair that I modified. ;):) :)

Great news George - glad you're on the mend
Oh, and congrats on your millionth explore too ;)

Stunning - so sharp and almost has a 3D quality to it.
Great news George - glad you're on the mend
Oh, and congrats on your millionth explore too ;)

Thank you Alan, appreciate your reply.

I've done several snaps in this sort of style over the years but without a doubt this presentation is the most pleasing to me so far.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a couple of folk out strolling in the sunshine. I've deliberately gone for a high contrast presentation to this snap to emphasize the contre-jour light & shadows.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

Faceless (22)-03533 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Last edited:
I've done several snaps in this sort of style over the years but without a doubt this presentation is the most pleasing to me so far.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a couple of folk out strolling in the sunshine. I've deliberately gone for a high contrast presentation to this snap to emphasize the contre-jour light & shadows.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/2000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (22)-03533 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

Absolutely love this - right up my photographic street!

Well.... I`ve just joined the 100-400 club, thanks to these very forums :)

Tad excited lol
I think you got an absolute bargain mate. I was toying with selling mine, but definitely not at that price. You won’t be disappointed, enjoy! I predict you’ll soon be after the 1.4 converter :)

Tad excited lol

It's a good (but heavy) piece of kit. My "go bag" currently consists of the T3, 10-24, 35 f1.4 & 100-400. You just never know what wildlife might pop up at this time of year.

Last edited:

Tad excited lol

Lovely! The only thing I dont like about the lens is the tripod collar which, if you use a tripod and an arca style mount, is pants. Amazon do this:

iShoot IS-XF140 Tripod Mount Base for Fujifilm XF100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens

for £30 and it fits beautifully.

Just a bit of help please. I have just noticed that my image size is set to M 3:2 and I no longer have the option for L 3:2, this is due to me choosing the MS option, when I switch to ES I'm able to choose L3:2, So what am I best off shooting with MS or ES?

I think you got an absolute bargain mate. I was toying with selling mine, but definitely not at that price. You won’t be disappointed, enjoy! I predict you’ll soon be after the 1.4 converter :)

Thanks, Leroy.
I just unpacked it, and it`s spotless :)

It's a good (but heavy) piece of kit. My "go" currently consists of the T3, 10-24, 25 f1.4 & 100-400. You just never know what wildlife might pop up at this time of year.

I can deal with the weight (ish), but will only take a prime out aswell ;)

Lovely! The only thing I dont like about the lens is the tripod collar which, if you use a tripod and an arca style mount, is pants. Amazon do this:

iShoot IS-XF140 Tripod Mount Base for Fujifilm XF100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens

Thanks for that tip, appreciated, mate (y)

Just a bit of help please. I have just noticed that my image size is set to M 3:2 and I no longer have the option for L 3:2, this is due to me choosing the MS option, when I switch to ES I'm able to choose L3:2, So what am I best off shooting with MS or ES?

seems odd, picture size/ratio should be independent of shutter mode

which camera?

I have no issues, just mount an arca plate to the foot and it works perfectly well. I have one perminantly attached and then a small clamp attached to my sholder strap.

XT4, i can only get the L 3:2 format if i select the ES shutter mode

that’s definitely not right, there must be some other setting preventing this.

mom not an X-T4 owner (but have owned a dozen other Fuji X cameras) and this has never been an issue - without going through all the settings it will be quite difficult to diagnose, could it be related to burst mode settings and frame rates??

Sounds like you’re in Sport Finder mode. Turn it off.

Anyone else had seemingly weeks of continuous wet weather? It's getting depressing. Managed to get out earlier this week on a rare nice evening. Was nice to see the sun, had forgotten what it looked like!

Spring Sunset by G.A.D, on Flickr

Sunset by G.A.D, on Flickr

And one from walking the dog a short while ago. I'm going to keep an eye on this little scene asI think it could really pop with the right light.

Lone Tree by G.A.D, on Flickr

Back