The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Stunning, George!

Thank you kindly Garry, appreciate your reply.

"I'll never forget that particular day as it was the day that I got the all clear from St Thomas' Hospital after my pump surgery" :) :)

A rare pose from our little ginger Milo, so angelic

XC35F2 @F2, natural light

Milo in Angelic pose [a rarity!] by K G, on Flickr

My first outdoor lunch [besides the odd chippy] in months - ALso shot with the XC35F2, again at F2 - a more than capable lens kept wide open until required otherwsie

Brunch by K G, on Flickr
Two great shots! Both great compositions and the colouring is so eye catching

Has anyone changed their XF10-24 f/4 lens for the XF18-55 f/2.8 etc..?

Just curious...

mac

I've not owned either, I think because I'm much more a prime lens fan than any kind of zoom [just looking through my owned lens history and it's massively in favour of primes!] but I did have the 16-55 2.8, good lens but I found it lacking in some areas - close focus and, well, when I pitted it against the likes of the 35F2 and 50F2 ... it was a stalemate at 2.8, but those primes had an extra stop and a LOT less weight. The 10-24 never interested me because I just never tend to shoot ultra wide, but I have been gaining interest lately. I have been in situations where I wished I had more width, but then thinking again, they're rare sitauations [for me] so if I did want to just have a wide angle I'd opt for a cheap wide manual focus prime [like the TTArtisans 17mm 1.4 just released] or if I was offered the 18-55 for cheap - I just know I'd still have the cheapo 35F2 stuck on cam more so though

That didn't answer your question whatsoever :ROFLMAO: but .. just another perspective. Wide for me would be for landscape mostly, which I don't do much of and when I do, I'm stopping down to at least F/8, where any half decent wide angle will suffice. I get the handiness of a zoom, but never came across one that impressed me enough to not take that 10 seconds changing to another prime.

Last edited:
I've not owned either, I think because I'm much more a prime lens fan than any kind of zoom [just looking through my owned lens history and it's massively in favour of primes!] but I did have the 16-55 2.8, good lens but I found it lacking in some areas - close focus and, well, when I pitted it against the likes of the 35F2 and 50F2 ... it was a stalemate at 2.8, but those primes had an extra stop and a LOT less weight. The 10-24 never interested me because I just never tend to shoot ultra wide, but I have been gaining interest lately. I have been in situations where I wished I had more width, but then thinking again, they're rare sitauations [for me] so if I did want to just have a wide angle I'd opt for a cheap wide manual focus prime [like the TTArtisans 17mm 1.4 just released] or if I was offered the 18-55 for cheap - I just know I'd still have the cheapo 35F2 stuck on cam more so though

That didn't answer your question whatsoever :ROFLMAO: but .. just another perspective. Wide for me would be for landscape mostly, which I don't do much of and when I do, I'm stopping down to at least F/8, where any half decent wide angle will suffice. I get the handiness of a zoom, but never came across one that impressed me enough to not take that 10 seconds changing to another prime.
I've literally just picked up a cheap Meike 25mm f/2.8 manual focus lens (Fuji X fit) about 35mm lens length, looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Must look at the slightly wider prime offerings.

Cheers;
mac

I've never had a 16-55 f2.8, but by all accounts it's good, but it's heavy.

I wouldn't be without the 10-24 (well OK, I'd do a straight swap with an 8-16 if you forced me :ROFLMAO: ). I find it a great focal length as a walk about lens., it's been a real work horse for me, and it, with my 35 f1.4 & the 50-140 f2 are all in my "grab bag"

I've literally just picked up a cheap Meike 25mm f/2.8 manual focus lens (Fuji X fit) about 35mm lens length, looking forward to putting it through it's paces.

Must look at the slightly wider prime offerings.

Cheers;
mac

There's so many cheap MF options now, and some of them are getting good reviews too - as long as you can put up with manual focus obviously. The one I'm eying atm is the strange looking, but apparently optically sound TTartisan 17mm 1.4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0pJ-9-JlK0

Last edited:
"It Made Explore" :) :)

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at London UK of the Houses Of Parliament & Elizabeth Tower (covered up) with a couple of Thames river boats/buses passing by. Actually snapped in May 2019 but never used.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/850th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
My London (7)-03542 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:
Deserves to be in Explore. Great shot George!

Still using my XT-1

VucLO8D.jpg

v02Hhlm.jpg

Last edited:
A couple taken at the end of last week. Both shot at the same spot with my X-Pro 2 - the first using an XF 55-200 and the second a Samyang 12mm.

For me, it would have to be the first one. A classic rule-of-thirds shot. The peaceful canola field with the line of trees at the field boundary, the layer of cumulus clouds showing that it's not quite so peaceful, then the threatening darkness at the top. A very nice shot. The second one doesn't seem so balanced. I hardly do any landscape, but I've found that shooting from 50mm and above allows you to focus on simplicity like this.

Last edited:
Walking the distance.
These two girls are walking from Swanage to Lands End (around 365 miles) to celebrate finishing Uni and to raise funds for Cancer Research - hey if you can't get a graduation party you may as well walk 365 miles?! (no, not quite my logic either but a massive kudos to them).
PS one is my daughter
X-T3 16-80 F4
Social Media-8139.jpg

Is that in Bristol? If so, I used to love shooting down in that square when we visited our lad when he was at Uni. Don't think I ever got one that colourful. though.

Hey, Steve yes it is, Millennium Square. I am working down here so not that familiar with all the best bits, other than the bridge.......lol

Hey, Steve yes it is, Millennium Square. I am working down here so not that familiar with all the best bits, other than the bridge.......lol

My son went to UWE when he was 18, he's now 32 and has a house & family in Bristol. He went there and never moved back home....

Trips around Bristol were quite common at weekends.

Obviously this snap was shot a time or two back but never used. It was taken when only the lower part of the tower was covered for renovation.
Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at London UK of the top end of the Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben).
I've done a bit of juggling about with the processing to give a high contrast mono presentation and a slightly different approach to that which is normally presented of this very familiar attraction.

My London (8)-03543 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

Last edited:
Back