The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Good to hear from you @bumper hope you are doing ok.
I am happy with my replacement V for the V I sold and regretted it :ROFLMAO:

:fuji:
I’m good thanks, hope you’re doing well too.

I’ve kept popping on here but just been too busy with life stuff and work is crazy. I’ve managed a couple of trips out but only with the xf10, that was only dog shots too.
glad you’re loving the replacement:ROFLMAO:

if you sell it @trevorbray will probably have his for sale then so you can buy another.
what are you pair like:p

I’m good thanks, hope you’re doing well too.

I’ve kept popping on here but just been too busy with life stuff and work is crazy. I’ve managed a couple of trips out but only with the xf10, that was only dog shots too.
glad you’re loving the replacement:ROFLMAO:

if you sell it @trevorbray will probably have his for sale then so you can buy another.
what are you pair like:p

Sell it ??? .....actually...

I've recently received a new/boxed TTartisan 17mm f/1.4 manual focus lens for Fuji fit, haven't had a chance to try it out as yet as presently working too many twelve hour night shifts, but once I get a break I'll try upload an image or two in the not too distant future etc...

mac

Laowa 65mm 2.8 'CA-Dreamer' 2:1 macro lens arrived today, mint copy too for a reasonable price

Laowa.jpg

I didn't do anything crazy with it, no 1:1 let alone 2:1 macro just yet, more simple 1:2 or thereabouts close ups - which is probably what I'll use it mostly for. Just half hour test around the garden when the sun was still useful. What might surprise though is all of these images were shot at f/2.8, with very little editing [mostly just crop where I desired, exp adjustments, bit of contrast boost and WB adjust, usual stuff] Zero correction required for ANY form of CA/fringing, it is the 'CA Dreamer for a reason! lives up to the hype big time, very impressive little thing

Rust by K G, on Flickr

Golden brown by K G, on Flickr

DSCF1330 by K G, on Flickr

Cracked by K G, on Flickr

Apart from changes in DOF, it's hard to spot differences in sharpness between 2.8/4/5.6, it is that good wide open. Obviously stopping down will be neccessary for closer in shots where you want more in sharp detail, but this should be sweet for portraits or any kind of standard distance shooting, MF is very smooth and easy to get to grips with too

Last edited:
Laowa 65mm 2.8 'CA-Dreamer' 2:1 macro lens arrived today, mint copy too for a reasonable price

View attachment 322826

I didn't do anything crazy with it, no 1:1 let alone 2:1 macro just yet, more simple 1:2 or thereabouts close ups - which is probably what I'll use it mostly for. Just half hour test around the garden when the sun was still useful. What might surprise though is all of these images were shot at f/2.8, with very little editing [mostly just crop where I desired, exp adjustments, bit of contrast boost and WB adjust, usual stuff] Zero correction required for ANY form of CA/fringing, it is the 'CA Dreamer for a reason! lives up to the hype big time, very impressive little thing

Rust by K G, on Flickr

Golden brown by K G, on Flickr

DSCF1330 by K G, on Flickr

Cracked by K G, on Flickr

Apart from changes in DOF, it's hard to spot differences in sharpness between 2.8/4/5.6, it is that good wide open. Obviously stopping down will be neccessary for closer in shots where you want more in sharp detail, but this should be sweet for portraits or any kind of standard distance shooting, MF is very smooth and easy to get to grips with too
Had a feeling you'd like it.:)

Had a feeling you'd like it.:)

Love it, not used it much yet but you just know sometimes. I used to have the 100mm Nikon version and adapted it to the Fuji, but it was a hefty set up and not comfy to use single handed [sometimes you just have to, when using off cam flash or when you need to hold the stem of a plant that has that bug on it blowing in the breeze] - this little 65mm is easily single hand holdable, and it'll work much better on the teensy Pixy tripod I have in the bag [rarely use tripods but for the very odd time a table top one does the job] I plan on getting a lighter flash to match too.

I received my 70-300 today and couldn't wait to get home to try it. I was hoping to photograph deer, but not so easy when I am walking the dog at the same time...
PS they would be sharper if I had put them in Flickr first, but it is just to give an idea (and the robin is considerably cropped). I'm rather happy!
View attachment 322843
View attachment 322846View attachment 322845

I like the first shot of the meadow brown!

My other half recently bought the new 70-300 as well, and she loves it. We went out photographing butterflies over the weekend and I just couldn't believe how close the minimum focus distance is on it, she was a lot closer than I was with my 100-400 (I think it's like 0.8m compared to 1.75m!). Photos so far seem nice and sharp and it's a great replacement for her 55-200 which is almost exactly the same weight and size.

I like the first shot of the meadow brown!

My other half recently bought the new 70-300 as well, and she loves it. We went out photographing butterflies over the weekend and I just couldn't believe how close the minimum focus distance is on it, she was a lot closer than I was with my 100-400 (I think it's like 0.8m compared to 1.75m!). Photos so far seem nice and sharp and it's a great replacement for her 55-200 which is almost exactly the same weight and size.
Would you say the 70-300 is better than the 55-200?

Last edited:

I'll be honest, apart from a quick play I've not used either of them in anger as they tend to be on her camera when we go out anywhere. She loves the 70-300 because it's got more reach than the 55-200 and we're shooting mainly wildlife so it's a big plus for a lens the same weight and half inch longer. I believe it's weather proof too but that doesn't matter on a non weather proof x-t20. As far as I can tell the only downsides are that it's a stop slower and a bit more expensive The few photos taken so far are good and look very sharp.

I'll be honest, apart from a quick play I've not used either of them in anger as they tend to be on her camera when we go out anywhere. She loves the 70-300 because it's got more reach than the 55-200 and we're shooting mainly wildlife so it's a big plus for a lens the same weight and half inch longer. I believe it's weather proof too but that doesn't matter on a non weather proof x-t20. As far as I can tell the only downsides are that it's a stop slower and a bit more expensive The few photos taken so far are good and look very sharp.
I had the 55-200 before but just didn't get on with the bokeh, and sold it when I heard a hint the 70-300 was on the cards. But I too, wanted the longer reach and am loving this lens. I have had a couple of issues with the aperture though, but seems ok at the moment - I am guessing it is the connection - the first time the aperture ring didn't work, so I changed it via camera, and then the next time I put the lens on it was as f0 and wouldn't change. I took the lens off and put on again, and all is fine. So I hope this isn't going to be an issue in the future.

First edit with the TTartisan 17mm f/1.4 - X-Pro1

Untitled by APM Photography, on Flickr

mac

Ah, another one with the 17mm. How do you like it? I'm quite enjoying mine. I think maybe the colours are a tad on the cool side, but that's easily fixed. Other than that it's a cracking little lens. I want the 35mm now. :p

So my 50-230mm arrived today from CeX.

Turns out it's the silver one and not the black that's advertised! I have a thing about different coloured lenses to camera bodies, one of the reasons why some of the Pentax limited lenses I could buy I won't as they're silver and my camera is black and it looks plain wrong in my eyes!

Well, now I have a silver 50-230mm but it's the OIS II model and I paid £185 for it so now I'm wondering if I should just keep it or send it back as yes it'll hurt me everytime I use it as it looks daft but delivered with a 24 month warranty, it's pretty cheap I reckon?

Can anyone who has this lens confirm their zoom is pretty tight also and if you gently shake it that theirs rattles also? Wondering if that's normal as it has a floating element for the OIS? Obviously I don't normally shake lenses but a gentle sway back and forth and there is a rattle.

Back