The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well it wasn’t a good start to the day, I got to Studland and realised I’d left my tripod at home. Oh no:headbang:, so I rushed home (within the speed limit). I made it back in time and hurried down to the beach to realise it may not be a good sunrise after all, but hung around anyway - AND then this happened!
The funny part is, I didn’t need the tripod! :rolleyes:
Sun rising over Old Harry Rocks by Donna White, on Flickr

Well it wasn’t a good start to the day, I got to Studland and realised I’d left my tripod at home. Oh no:headbang:, so I rushed home (within the speed limit). I made it back in time and hurried down to the beach to realise it may not be a good sunrise after all, but hung around anyway - AND then this happened!
That is a Beauty Donna.

I will most likely buy the X-T5 next week, I may as well get the kit lens, but with which one? The two options are

Fujifilm XF 18-55mm f2.8-4 R LM OIS Lens or the Fujifilm XF 16-80mm f4 R OIS WR Lens

Any thought guys?
I went with the Tamron 17-70. Very happy with it.

Very nice landscape/seascape style capture Andrea, with perfect timing and positioning for the rising sun and really lovely sky.

Last edited:
If anyone wants them... I've still got a third party battery and double charger for the X100s I sent back and also have a silver filter adapter too. If anyone wants them they're free to a good home. I can't use them as my X100f takes different batteries and came with its own filter adapter.

If anyone wants them pm me an address and I'll post them off.

As I have I been thinking over the last few days I really do need and want IBIS on my Fuji's, so am thinking of selling the X-T3 with kit lens and then maybe get either the X-T4 or T5. Decisions to make.
Just go straight to the T5 Dave. By the way, I know you’ve got the 33f1.4 & 35f1.4. Do you favour one over the other ?

Fuji X-E3.
Anyone got one or know anything much about them?
My daughter is slowly getting more of an interest in using a camera instead of her phone for photography and must have seen someone with one. One of the big things that she likes is the film simulations, I don't know if she's even held one.
All I know is that it's a rangefinder type, and that my lenses will fit. Might an X-T 2 or 3 be an option, and is the only real difference in handling the viewfinder?
So, is the X-E3 a decent camera, what alternatives are there worth looking at, and even better if they cost less (the only one I've seen was a bit under £500)
Her needs are very very basic, price is likely to be the biggest issue, any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Fuji X-E3.
My daughter is slowly getting more of an interest in using a camera instead of her phone for photography and must have seen someone with one. One of the big things that she likes is the film simulations, I don't know if she's even held one.
All I know is that it's a rangefinder type, and that my lenses will fit. Might an X-T 2 or 3 be an option, and is the only real difference in handling the viewfinder?
So, is the X-E3 a decent camera, what alternatives are there worth looking at, and even better if they cost less (the only one I've seen was a bit under £500)
Her needs are very very basic, price is likely to be the biggest issue, any help or advice would be much appreciated!
The X-E3 is the small rangefinder body from the X-T2/X-T20/X-Pro2/X100F era - any of those cameras will produce the same images, the differences are really just down to handling, with the X-E3 being the smallest of the interchangeable lens cameras. The newer X-E4 is even smaller, with more film simulations.

Nice set Trev, I knew that 90mm would be great on the newer bodies, and I'm glad it's being used and not gathering dust in a cupboard.

Nice set Trev, I knew that 90mm would be great on the newer bodies, and I'm glad it's being used and not gathering dust in a cupboard.
Thanks mate. I’m really enjoying it.

The X-E3 is the small rangefinder body from the X-T2/X-T20/X-Pro2/X100F era - any of those cameras will produce the same images, the differences are really just down to handling, with the X-E3 being the smallest of the interchangeable lens cameras. The newer X-E4 is even smaller, with more film simulations.
Brilliant, many thanks for your helpful reply!

Brilliant, many thanks for your helpful reply!
I've never tried the X-E series, but I did have the Tamron 18-300 on an X-T20 (very similar size) for a while. It was ... OK, but the X-T20 was quite small and that lens (fairly big and heavy) is far easier to use now that I've got an X-T2.

I've never tried the X-E series, but I did have the Tamron 18-300 on an X-T20 (very similar size) for a while. It was ... OK, but the X-T20 was quite small and that lens (fairly big and heavy) is far easier to use now that I've got an X-T2.
I'd actually never heard of the X-E series until my daughter mentioned them. I guess that whatever she gets will be with a basic kit lens - currently she has a very old point and shoot film camera which she loves for the film aspect (the cost is killing her interest) and her phone. Sister has a Sony RX100 mk2 that she uses sometimes (they are travelling together around Vietnam at present)
I do have an X-H1 that she could use, but expect it's a bit big. They are coming home for Christmas and I imagine they'll head off away again within days of the laundry being done and presents being handed out - see where this is going...? :confused:

Fuji X-E3.
I have an X-E2s - the predecessor to the X-E3. It was my first X-system camera (if you exclude an X-10) and I love the rangefinder type handling. As has already been said, it comes from a comparable generation of older X-Trans III sensor cameras. I also have an X-Pro2 and its ergonomics (in terms of physical controls and menus) are far superior to the X-E2s but very similar to the X-E3.....so you're really getting an X-Pro2 in a smaller body, albeit without the weather-sealing, hybrid viewfinder etc. I still use my X-E2s mated to the XF 27mm pancake lens and it makes for an (almost) pocketable camera, and the X-E3 is even smaller. That combo is a nice - and cheaper - alternative to the X-100

Last edited:
I will most likely buy the X-T5 next week, I may as well get the kit lens, but with which one? The two options are

Fujifilm XF 18-55mm f2.8-4 R LM OIS Lens or the Fujifilm XF 16-80mm f4 R OIS WR Lens

Any thought guys?
I had this decision when I bought my X-T4 and I went for the 18-55. The 16-80 is apparently not that sharp, and I valued having the extra stop of light at the wide end and the smaller size over slightly more reach. I've been very happy with the images from the 18-55 but some people hate it so there's maybe some copy variation. It's not weather sealed but it's a lovely light little lens, really well built and my copy is nice and sharp. This is 53mm and wide open at f4

Silverstone Classic 2022 by Richard Crawford, on Flickr

I have an X-E2s - the predecessor to the X-E3. It was my first X-system camera (if you exclude an X-10) and I love the rangefinder type handling. As has already been said, it comes from a comparable generation of older X-Trans III sensor cameras. I also have an X-Pro2 and its ergonomics (in terms of physical controls and menus) are far superior to the X-E2s but very similar to the X-E3.....so you're really getting an X-Pro2 in a smaller body, albeit without the weather-sealing, hybrid viewfinder etc. I still use my X-E2s mated to the XF 27mm pancake lens and it makes for an (almost) pocketable camera, and the X-E3 is even smaller. That combo is a nice - and cheaper - alternative to the X-100
Thank you too - very helpful!

Nice and moody over the Lickey Hills, Birmingham this morning.

X100v

Moody by Dave Young, on Flickr

That's a very nice woodland style capture Dave, with some lovely autumn colours and some nice atmosphere.

Last edited:
I had this decision when I bought my X-T4 and I went for the 18-55. The 16-80 is apparently not that sharp, and I valued having the extra stop of light at the wide end and the smaller size over slightly more reach. I've been very happy with the images from the 18-55 but some people hate it so there's maybe some copy variation. It's not weather sealed but it's a lovely light little lens, really well built and my copy is nice and sharp. This is 53mm and wide open at f4

That sure looks sharp to me, great shot

Great shot that.

Likewise, I found the 18-55 to be a great lens (I think the kit lens tag does it a disservice almost) and if the desire for weather sealing some GAS and a pretty ridiculous deal on a new 16-55 hadn’t come along I’d still be happily using it.

Back