The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Correct, the red XF zoom lenses are supposed to be the faster focusing lenses.
I find no problems at all focusing, even with my f2.0 prime lenses.
Thanks for this.

So it sounds like it might be a good idea for me to get both 23mm lenses. The 1.4 for anytime the subject is stationary and I can use a really shallow DOF (bridal prep for example) and the F2 lens for anytime I'm shooting moving subjects......

That's a strange one it generally under rather than over exposes from my experience.
Yep definately multi and def over exposing. Looking around the Internet after I posted on here it seems a common problem with the X-T1 and most of those saying average is better. I'll give that a go next when we get another decent day.
Spot metering is an entirely different beast and only meant for certain diffucult lighting occasions.

Last edited:
Thanks for this.

So it sounds like it might be a good idea for me to get both 23mm lenses. The 1.4 for anytime the subject is stationary and I can use a really shallow DOF (bridal prep for example) and the F2 lens for anytime I'm shooting moving subjects......

I have seen a fair few people buy the f2 lenses who have then ended up selling the f1.4 versions.
No harm in keeping both though.

The f2 lens tend to be smaller and might be faster focus (definitely faster on the 35mm f2 compare to the f1.4). I prefer fast focus and weight. My two lenses I use often is the 18mm f2 and 35mm f2. The BW shots i posted earlier were all shot on the 18mm f2 with the XT1.

Only lens I will buy that is not f2 will be the 56mm f1.2. Since I got a 85mm f1.4 on my Nikon D3, I'm kinda holding out of buying the 56mm at the moment.

The f2 lens tend to be smaller and might be faster focus (definitely faster on the 35mm f2 compare to the f1.4). I prefer fast focus and weight. My two lenses I use often is the 18mm f2 and 35mm f2. The BW shots i posted earlier were all shot on the 18mm f2 with the XT1.

Only lens I will buy that is not f2 will be the 56mm f1.2. Since I got a 85mm f1.4 on my Nikon D3, I'm kinda holding out of buying the 56mm at the moment.
The Fujinon 56mm f1.2 is sooooo nice :D you need it ;)

Last edited:
I know it's great fun........Not.

Check this out, a top of the range turntable from the same German manufacturer I bought, here's their top of the tree vinyl spinner - £84,900, and that's NOT including a tonearm or a phono cartridge of your choice (although the photograph shows two arms fitted, they're not included if you read the small print), so expect a total of 100k or thereabouts........!!.........Yikes almighty!

http://www.audioemotion.co.uk/acoustic-signature-invictus-turntable-5557-p.asp

Feckin mental.....!

Just a candid street style close up shot taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a street trader applying her Glitter Tattoo artistry to a customers arm.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Glitter Tattoo-03084 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Yes on the checkout page there's a box for it

*not that I know the way around that site like it's the back of my hand [emoji38]

Last edited:
Shot this a while ago with the XF56, I'm slowly getting the personal interest levels up and urge to shoot again;

3 ball by Macvisual Photography, on Flickr

handheld @ f/5.6

Lovely image. I got to admit since I bought the XT1 and the 18mm f2 and 35mm f2, I start enjoying shooting what I like again. Before I just cna't be bother bringing the big nikon out to the street because is too distracting.

Back