The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Who else is using some cheap old chunks of glass for their Fuji? I've been pretty impressed with this 200mm F4 Takumar for just messing about shooting garden birds and other random stuff. Got it for €75 which included the metal hood and a sturdy leather case - and with a bit of practice it delivers not too shabby results. Longer MF lenses like this can be challenging, but that's part of the fun, because when you do nail a shot you really feel like you have earned it!
This is taken with my current favourite manual lens - an Olympus Zuiko 100mm f2.8 (silver nose version) currently fitted with a LensTurbo but also excellent without. Ridiculously easy to focus.

Welsh Poppy by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

I saw the latest offers yesterday, can't find it now though, at least I think I did o_O

Last edited:
Well I've pushed the boat out and ordered 2 Ex Pro from Amazon. Managed to negotiate not signing up for prime but they are making it harder.

I bought one specifically to take pics of our granddaughter. Fast focus is important.
Bokeh not as much. It fits in well with X-T10/20 and produces nice sharp shots.

In the end I suppose it depends on what you intended use is.

Ok guys I decided, I am going for the 56mm F1.2 (not APD)

After reading all of your opinions I don't think I really need the speed of the 50mm f2.0 although I do really love the 50 mm size and it suits very well along my 35 mm f2.0

Since Fuji will be having this Cashback Promotions I am buying the 56mm new from them and that will rest at around 700£ witch is okay... a bit expensive but.... lets see. Unsless a used one shows up in the classifieds.

Thank you very much for the opinion of every one!

After reading all of your opinions I don't think I really need the speed of the 50mm f2.0 although I do really love the 50 mm size and it suits very well along my 35 mm f2.0

Since Fuji will be having this Cashback Promotions I am buying the 56mm new from them and that will rest at around 700£ witch is okay... a bit expensive but.... lets see. Unsless a used one shows up in the classifieds.

I just got some shots with it of my daughter running around in the park. the difference in focus performance on the xt2 compared to x-t1 is like night and day

Well I've pushed the boat out and ordered 2 Ex Pro from Amazon. Managed to negotiate not signing up for prime but they are making it harder.

Can't really go too far wrong with either the blacks or whites. (I stand corrected with the whites being S replacements - can't remember where I got that impression.)

I had the same Prime problem, possibly even when ordering the Ex-Pro batteries - failed to jump through one of the hoops to opt out of it so ended up with it for a (free) month. Gave me a chance to see the new Clarkson/Hammond/May offering which convinced me to cancel prime!!!

Can't really go too far wrong with either the blacks or whites. (I stand corrected with the whites being S replacements - can't remember where I got that impression.)

I had the same Prime problem, possibly even when ordering the Ex-Pro batteries - failed to jump through one of the hoops to opt out of it so ended up with it for a (free) month. Gave me a chance to see the new Clarkson/Hammond/May offering which convinced me to cancel prime!!!
Don't have a problem with Prime. We order a lot of stuff from Amazon. Every time there's a problem with Amazon I complain and they extend membership by a month. Can't remember paying since it was £59 a year!

I'm pretty much set on getting the XF35/2, can any XF35/2 shooters share any of their images to show me what this lens is good for please ?

Appreciated

Peter
Quite a number of recent ones in my Flickr are with this lens. Having trouble copying the BB code from this iPad...

Hi Keith - I have no current Fuji lenses at the moment. Current line up is Fuji 55mm ( £15 from Shelter ), Samyang 12mm and a Nikon 80 - 200.
Not the fastest line up for sure, but has improved my manual focus skills :)

View attachment 102569
This is taken with my current favourite manual lens - an Olympus Zuiko 100mm f2.8 (silver nose version) currently fitted with a LensTurbo but also excellent without. Ridiculously easy to focus.

Welsh Poppy by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Nice. 3/4 of my current lenses are MF, and I have been eyeing the Sayang 12mm also. I find it easy enough to focus with any of them, I've owned MF lenses for my Nikon dslrs in the past too. The Takumar 200mm is suprisingly the easiest of the ones I have now [also a CZJ 135mm f/3.5 and Helios 58mm F2] It's really solidly built and the focus ring is huge, you can't miss it even when you're looking through the VF. You're not going to be shooting anything that needs tracking, but I do use it for shooting birds in the garden. Once I pre focus where they mostly feed, I'll capture them nicely enough. The IQ is pretty decent, it being a prime. It's a nice chunk of glass. Good to see others take advantage of Fuji's ability to handle MF too :) It is easier on the XT-1 than it ever was on my old D90 or D800.

I just got some shots with it of my daughter running around in the park. the difference in focus performance on the xt2 compared to x-t1 is like night and day

Really? Because that's another thing I was actually interested in knowing. But I have decided, 56mm F1.2 on my XT2 with VPG :D

I'm pretty much set on getting the XF35/2, can any XF35/2 shooters share any of their images to show me what this lens is good for please ?

Appreciated

Peter

Mate check out my instagram, all the photos are with the 35mm f2.0 :)

@shot_by_diogo

nm, wrong lens, d'oh! :D

Last edited:
Who else is using some cheap old chunks of glass for their Fuji? I've been pretty impressed with this 200mm F4 Takumar for just messing about shooting garden birds and other random stuff. Got it for €75 which included the metal hood and a sturdy leather case - and with a bit of practice it delivers not too shabby results. Longer MF lenses like this can be challenging, but that's part of the fun, because when you do nail a shot you really feel like you have earned it!

I haven't dug it out since I got the 100-400, but I kind of enjoyed using a manual 300mm f4 for a while. I was also using my old FD lenses, and a couple of M42 but again I haven't dragged then out in a while. Still using the little Chinese 25mm f1.8 a fair bit though.

RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2014
by jj_glos, on Flickr

Appreciated

Peter

These were taken last weekend and this weekend. All on 35mm F2.
2017-05-21_09-00-29.jpg 2017-05-21_08-12-57.jpg 2017-05-16_07-42-27.jpg IMG_20170514_080352_418.jpg

Attachments

• 14790-1457342212-9e5f4789ee966a139fea271f8275a18b.jpg
    14790-1457342212-9e5f4789ee966a139fea271f8275a18b.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Just a candid street style shot taken of a lady in her street trading van selling her fast foods.

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens, 1/180th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Chocolate N Churros-03047 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Nice framing. She seems very proud of her Churros. (Whatever they are)

Nice framing. She seems very proud of her Churros. (Whatever they are)

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"I don't know what they are either, but they sure do taste good":):)

George.

Think long, thin doughnuts, ideal for dunking in thick hot chocolate...

Not for dunking in hot chocolate!

Back