The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

100% George [emoji106]Mind games didn't last long then? Enjoy the lens mate, it's truly a brilliant piece of glass. Same setup as I've ended up with....except I don't have the 55-200mm (yet)
Haha no they did'nt, but I've never been a fan of endurance games as which is why I prefer Draughts to Chess!!.
To be honest, I wasn't expecting to get rid of my DSLR gear so quickly and for as much as it went for so I had a bit more in the kitty than I expected. My last lens sold earlier this morning so I thought why not.
I'm really happy with what I've got now and just want to enjoy it to the full.
Thanks again for all the great help and encouraging comments.

Well I tried the X-T20 in Raf+Jpeg today and when I went in to LR6, I was chuffed to see in Lens Calibration all the different Fuji settings :) So a couple from the Gay Pride 2017 Brighton.

View from Hove Lawns by David Ore, on Flickr

Gay Pride 2017 by David Ore, on Flickr

A PIECE of ADONIS by David Ore, on Flickr

Nowt wrong with that 16-50 in good light. Why did you upload 2 and 3 in a smaller size though? I like to pixel peep :D the 1st one is much larger, can see great details in it.

Tomato season, had 60 KG last year. These are Gardeners Delight

RAW1.jpg

Di
Okay, here goes :)

I took a burst of 28 shots.

Short version...
Three out of focus
Three close, some sites would call these in focus, but I'm picky!
22 in focus

I used the X-T20, on general AF mode with a large AF zone, it picked up the face a few times when he got closer.

So I guess that would be a hit rate of 83.9% (if I weigh it as 1 point for sharp, .5 for partial and 0 as a miss... 100/28 * # * x, ie 3.57 * 22 * 1 = 78.57), lol, I know maths!!

Here is the overview, the key is:
No colour : In Focus
Yellow : Close but no cigar
Red: Nope, thats a binner!

All shots below were at 100% zoom, but pretty much all would pass if left at the original size, well except 28.

full

I'll throw out a few examples to show what I consider in focus, close and totally out of focus.

Number 6 - In focus (but pretty far away so gave it some scope)
full

Number 7 - Out of focus
full

Number 13 - Partial
full

Number 19 - In focus
full

Number 21 - Out of focus
full

Number 27 - In focus
full

Number 28 - Partial
full

Did you shoot with MS or ES?

Manual

Just a simple candid street style shot taken of a young lady engrossed in attending to her nails.

X-T1, 10-24mm Lens, 1/420th @ F5.6, ISO-200. Handheld.
Manicure-03076 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Thank you Keith, must of made a mistake when I re sized for Flickr :)

I used to resize for Flickr also, when I was on a much slower broadband. But it would frustrate me later on when looking back over my images, wanting to check detail. Flickr is also a handy back up of those images if you upload full size, which is what i do nowadays.

I used to resize for Flickr also, when I was on a much slower broadband. But it would frustrate me later on when looking back over my images, wanting to check detail. Flickr is also a handy back up of those images if you upload full size, which is what i do nowadays.

I have over 4,000 saved on private on my other Flickr.

Got my X-T10 & 35mm f1.4 today...yay!
I've checked the firmware in both - 1.21 body and 3.11 lens which I think are current from what I've seen on the Fuji website?
I was just about to gout with it when a storm came so it looks like tomorrow now for playtime.

I've checked the firmware in both - 1.21 body and 3.11 lens which I think are current from what I've seen on the Fuji website?
I was just about to gout with it when a storm came so it looks like tomorrow now for playtime.

3.11 is what I got on the lens here too ;) give her a tester even indoors anyway, that's where 1.4 shines for me

Great result Sir, "ENJOY".(y)

George.

Finally managed to get back into the (rather low) hills today. After a week of incessant rain the weather was almost too good and the results are close to chocolate box, but it's a start. Got to get moving over the rough stuff again for when @Mr Perceptive decides we are going back to the Australia level in Llanberis quarries.

Rapunzel, wherefore art though?
by Frank Yates2010, on Flickr

Finally managed to get back into the (rather low) hills today. After a week of incessant rain the weather was almost too good and the results are close to chocolate box, but it's a start. Got to get moving over the rough stuff again for when @Mr Perceptive decides we are going back to the Australia level in Llanberis quarries.

Good to see you are out and about again, Australia level isn't even at the top, I'm thinking late September for a another go, so you've got a couple of months!!!

Will share some photos in a few weeks but just shot my second all Fuji wedding in a week. First one was torrential downpours all day, other was beautiful sunshine. Interestingly the 90mm is blazing fast on the XT2 but pretty boggy on the XT10 (I usually leave the 23mm 1.4 on the XT10, which is fine).

No real issues though, super impressed...after being terrified of ditching the infallible D750. The 90 has been fab as I've had two big churches to cover, but will add the 56 for smaller venues at some point (will also come in handy for my winter weddings).

Feeling pleased, big decision to make the switch but it's paid off. The weight saving alone is seriously noticeable.

Fantastic photo Frank, love how the eye follows the fence round, just stunning :)

Good to see you are out and about again, Australia level isn't even at the top, I'm thinking late September for a another go, so you've got a couple of months!!!
At the moment it's near enough to the top. But end of September will see a different me - honest.

Enjoy your new kit :cool:

Will share some photos in a few weeks but just shot my second all Fuji wedding in a week. First one was torrential downpours all day, other was beautiful sunshine. Interestingly the 90mm is blazing fast on the XT2 but pretty boggy on the XT10 (I usually leave the 23mm 1.4 on the XT10, which is fine).

No real issues though, super impressed...after being terrified of ditching the infallible D750. The 90 has been fab as I've had two big churches to cover, but will add the 56 for smaller venues at some point (will also come in handy for my winter weddings).

Feeling pleased, big decision to make the switch but it's paid off. The weight saving alone is seriously noticeable.

Great stuff. I've got my first Fuji wedding next week...smaller venue so I'm thinking 12, 18-55, 35 and 55-200. Tempted to take the 90 too for outside shots...might need a bigger bag though!

3.11 is what I got on the lens here too ;) give her a tester even indoors anyway, that's where 1.4 shines for me
Thanks for confirming the firmware.
Yes I've taken a couple of shots, the dog mainly so I'll have a proper look at them when I can get them on the PC but they likely mighty fine in camera.

Great stuff. I've got my first Fuji wedding next week...smaller venue so I'm thinking 12, 18-55, 35 and 55-200. Tempted to take the 90 too for outside shots...might need a bigger bag though!

would the 90mm not be better than the 55-200 for the church?

Off out to test my 10-24 properly tomorrow, lets hope the sun stays out! I'm already planning the next few purchases of course.... I have a 55-200 on the radar and I want to have a play with the extension tubes. Just need to shift this 16-55 brick to fund them first haha :runaway:

would the 90mm not be better than the 55-200 for the church?

It's a hotel so I guess I'll probably be closer than in a church. Might take the 90mm for outside stuff anyway, as suggested above :) Such a great lens, would be a waste to leave it on the shelf :)

Just bought the fuji 55-200 lens for my xt2 and it's razor sharp. Love it.
I've owned lots of cameras/lenses over the years but I am totally loving fuji x gear.
Great sensors...sharp lenses and a company that actually listens to customer feedback.

Just bought the fuji 55-200 lens for my xt2 and it's razor sharp. Love it.
I've owned lots of cameras/lenses over the years but I am totally loving fuji x gear.
Great sensors...sharp lenses and a company that actually listens to customer feedback.

I only have a XC 16-50 0IS mk2 and even that is good IQ

I have that lens too and will be keeping it my friend.
It's bonkers sharp for the price and nice and wide at 24mm.
OK it's plastic but so what...it's light and that's a good thing too.
It's fuji''s little secret gem.

12, 35, 90 should be fine. The 55-200 is a fab lens but I can't imagine using it at a wedding, the 35 and 90 should essentially cover off everything you're likely to need from the 55-200 but give you the added speed that you're likely to need if indoors.

It was a tiny village hall after the church wedding last week (and everyone inside because it rained non-stop) but the 90 still got plenty of use.

Last edited:

Great to read this and I m glad all went well [emoji3]

Looking forward to seeing your photos

Back