The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

cool .. how will you be using them? lens & body set up wise

One for the primes (23/56) and one for the 50-140, basically. Handily that works well for Motorsport and Weddings, so I can leave the 50-140 on the new one permanently which will hopefully keep dust at bay (often panning at f16-22 so every little spec shows up)

Kill him with fire......:rage:

The diopter has no setting for my eyes, so the OVF is useless, the EVF is nowhere near as good as the X-T1, I miss the tilting LCD when I use it quite badly, I have the 23mm 1.4 anyway, and now the X-T1 has the Electronic Shutter the silence of the X100S is no longer a unique benefit.

:)

Last edited:
One for the primes (23/56) and one for the 50-140, basically. Handily that works well for Motorsport and Weddings, so I can leave the 50-140 on the new one permanently which will hopefully keep dust at bay (often panning at f16-22 so every little spec shows up)

The diopter has no setting for my eyes, so the OVF is useless, the EVF is nowhere near as good as the X-T1, I miss the tilting LCD when I use it quite badly, I have the 23mm 1.4 anyway, and now the X-T1 has the Electronic Shutter the silence of the X100S is no longer a unique benefit.

:)

Chris....maybe best not to include this when selling the X100 in the classifieds ...lol :whistle:

Chris....maybe best not to include this when selling the X100 in the classifieds ...lol :whistle:

I realise I'm a bit odd in not loving the X100S! What's even stranger is I loved the RX1, even though in pretty much every way it's not as nice to physically use.

I think the X-T1 has spoiled me, the X100 is a lovely thing but just not for me, and considering one of the main USPs is the clever EVF/OVF which I can't even use...I'm out!

I realise I'm a bit odd in not loving the X100S!

I'm glad I'm not alone...

I had one last year for a short while, about 3 weeks and as much as I tried to love it I just couldn't. Ended up selling it and buying the XT-1. I still think about buying one, really based on everything I read about them and all of the fantastic things I see people doing with them, but think I'd be better off with another XT-1 body when the time comes and maybe putting the X-Pro1 body I have out to grass :)

OPlease tell me I don't need another X-T1 - just thinking of keeping the 10-24 on the X-Pro1 for landscapes, the 18-135 on an X-T1 for general use and the 55-200 for long stuff. Then maybe another X-Pro for ....

NO!!! I do NOT NEED more cameras. Get thee behind me GAS. (Oops - that squeaked out a bit loud...)

Anyone got personal experience with the 16-55? Trying to work out if I really need that and the 50-140 or if I can just live with the 18-135. Bearing in mind i Will more than likely be getting the 16,23,35 and 56 aswell

Mine's still being processed. Last time i ordered from DR it came a day early. Was hoping for the same kinda time scale. Still, should have it by the weekend.

Might order the 56 next month, you know, because I'm impatient. Family will just have to survive on bread and butter for 30 days... :D

Took the X-T1 out today but didn't use it. Got home and was taking the bag upstairs and, just as I got to the top, I dropped it. Forunately I have dog-leg stairs so it only fell a half a dozen but my heart was in my mouth! :nailbiting:

All seems ok but the ISO dial moved to 'L' which seems a feat in itself. :thinking:

Well, it's margarine from farmfoods... Along with bread from the 'oops' trolley. :D

Who knows, maybe i won't. Shame it wasn't just a bit cheaper. Anywhere found it cheaper than DR at 579 (with forum discount) ?

As we have a baby due on Friday, I'm guessing this could be the last chance i get to splurge on some goodies.

Took the X-T1 out today but didn't use it. Got home and was taking the bag upstairs and, just as I got to the top, I dropped it. Forunately I have dog-leg stairs so it only fell a half a dozen but my heart was in my mouth! :nailbiting:

All seems ok but the ISO dial moved to 'L' which seems a feat in itself. :thinking:

Did that with my Xpro-1 1st trip out,onto concretre then rolled down an hill,luckly the grip and lens hood took most of the inpact,but camera has a couple of battlescars on it but everything working ok.

Well, it's margarine from farmfoods... Along with bread from the 'oops' trolley. :D

Who knows, maybe i won't. Shame it wasn't just a bit cheaper. Anywhere found it cheaper than DR at 579 (with forum discount) ?

As we have a baby due on Friday, I'm guessing this could be the last chance i get to splurge on some goodies.
Go for it mate ;)

Well the Mrs has convinced me that if I'm buying this I need to go all out so whilst I have the money, so I'm gonna get the xt1, large hand grip, 23,56, 16-55, 50-140 then possibly the 14 or the 16 for landscape/astro/night. Would the the extra 2mm be worth it over getting the 16mm 1.4? Considering there will be alot of astro...

I think that's the key to GAS. Just buy everything they make. Simples.

You probably could with Fuji for less than one of the big CaNikon telephotos.

16/23/56/50-140/100-400 will cover everything I could feasibly need, only two shy of that and they don't exist yet!

I think that's the same with me, possibly a macro when the 120mm gets released. And the 16-55 because... I can?

Should have said that if you went for Fuji mainly for the it's small size then the 16-55 f2.8 is not a small lens. I use it with the grip on all the time. Without the grip it doesn't feel well balanced

small size isnt the reason im going fuji, its just a bonus. im coming from a canon 60d with sigma 17-50 f2.8 so the size and weight shouldnt be too much of an issue.

small size isnt the reason im going fuji, its just a bonus. im coming from a canon 60d with sigma 17-50 f2.8 so the size and weight shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Then you won't have any issues with it then

An extra bonus for me is that I can reuse all my 77mm filters that I haven't used since selling all my pro Nikon glass

Not quite David but you did get me interested and had a proper look at it because of you.. I was going to go nikon ;)

Did you have the Nikon 24-70mm F2.8,how does it compare in weight & size to it,the Fuji 16-55mm F2.8 :)

I used the 24-70mm with the D800 and compared to this setup the Fuji XT-1 with the 16-55mm are a lot lighter, obviously . I used the Fuji setup for a week on holiday without a camera strap and it was a joy to handle.

I used the 24-70mm with the D800 and compared to this setup the Fuji XT-1 with the 16-55mm are a lot lighter, obviously . I used the Fuji setup for a week on holiday without a camera strap and it was a joy to handle.

I used mine with an D700 or D3,just got to heavy for me to carry.

Back